Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Linux" anyone.....

Thanks

Re: "Linux" anyone.....

Felt pretty good about myself after managing to get the printer to work once again after some trouble, then today ubuntu can't even find the damn thing. Tried the same process with removing everything and then installing it again, but no. Doesn't even show up under "printers" this time.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

I have used Linux to save an older PC. I am running Kubuntu 12 (32 bit) on a Pentium dual processor with 4 Gb ram. We use it as a second computer. It works fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Germany's gov was also designing it's own OS...

China will move to Linux by 2020 in 'de-Windowsifying' process

CHINA HAS DISCLOSED
    plans to move its systems to a state-endorsed version of Linux by 2020.

The Red State, which earlier this year denounced Microsoft Windows 8 as a spyware tool on the lunchtime news, has been developing its own flavour of Linux, based in part on an earlier attempt based on Ubuntu, called Kylin.

'NeoKylin', as the OS is understood to be called, is already due to appear on a range of Dell machines manufactured for the
    Chinese market.

It has now been confirmed that Professor Ni Guangnan, of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, has designed a rollout programme that has been passed by the government and will see all government servers, mainframes and individual machines being replaced.

***Read full article here***
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

gunDriller (6th January 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

I was talking to an expert in clusters. He does not even take Windows seriously for something like that. Linux is today what Unix was 20 years ago. For any kind of performance computing, I think Linux is the only choice (as well as the few remaining Unix distributions).

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Interesting to see the discussion on CUPS back in March. Did not see that before. Tried getting that running myself but gave up. Last week or so I find myself back at the same place. might need to have another stab at it. we'll see. I think Linux is a viable alternative for some as a desktop. Without the install and config method they use now I would struggle to get a linux computer going.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    I was talking to an expert in clusters. He does not even take Windows seriously for something like that. Linux is today what Unix was 20 years ago. For any kind of performance computing, I think Linux is the only choice (as well as the few remaining Unix distributions).
    I agree. Windows is trying to have some clustering stuff, but the performance is just not there, unless you want to run Windows VMs.

Thanks

Jim Stone: http://jimstonefreelance.com

Linux Mint/Ubuntu are PERFECTLY HACKED

You may not want to believe this, but it is absolutely true.

Yesterday, when I was doing the report about how to shut Ferguson down, they used remote desktop access on Linux Mint Maya LIVE to perform the web site hacks. I have not looked into what Linux Mint is supposed to have or allow, but I can flatly state with absolute certainty that they had remote desktop access IN FULL, and always do when I log on, they proved it yesterday.

The myth: Running linux live keeps you safe.

Reality: Linux was rewritten by funding from Microsoft in 2007 as a "charity" from Bill Gates. Prior to this, the program size was small. After this, it was over 700 megs which is an awful lot of code to audit, even if it is open source.

FACT: I have paid attention to people who have claimed they were going to audit all 700 plus megs in current Linux distros and watched their web sites. The audits never get completed and the web sites just go stale. I beg to question WHY.

FACT: Yesterday, when running Mint Maya 14 live, it was obvious someone had remote desktop access. This is because the first iteration of yesterday's Ferguson report was complete, ready to be posted and it highlighted itself and deleted itself right in front of me. I watched it happen. It highlighted green and vanished. None of the other front page text vanished along with it, only that report vanished. This could only happen if someone highlighted it via remote desktop access and wiped it while I was running live from CD, which is supposed to be totally immune to hacks. This proves beyond all doubt that NSA hackware is built into Linux Mint Maya and resident on the live CD.

That was not the only hack that happened over that report. I had the current version completely rewritten and already posted on the web site, was making small changes, and on my desktop the entire front page of the web site highlighted and deleted itself in the editor and if I had hit save, even the current report would have vanished. Another hack (which caused me to wipe the entire front page myself) put about 80 K of machine code into the web page below where I could see it in the editor, and when I hit save the front page of the web site began behaving strangely so rather than pick through it all to fix it, I deleted the entire front page and posted the re-typed Ferguson report from back up. That is why the page looked the way it did yesterday, I wiped it to protect people who hit the site and had to do it quick because thousands of people hit this site in a very short time (I knew the page was whacked and could not waste time fixing it while people got nailed by whatever that code was.)

What does this say? Well, they hate the topic of Israeli trained police being put in place to prevent righteous backlash from the American people over all the damage the Jews have done to this country, and the fact that Ferguson is the new staging ground for police state tyranny. They hate that topic so much that they were willing to blow a huge linux secret - that Linux live, running from a burned disk has built in remote desktop access an intelligence agency can use to rape your machine at will. THAT would be a huge secret to throw away, would it not?

I am sure a well trusted debunker is going to call B.S. on this and say, LINUX IS OPEN SOURCE, ANYONE CAN AUDIT IT, THIS CANNOT BE TRUE, JIM STONE IS FULL OF BEANS. My response? Why have all the people who have claimed they were going to audit the whole thing from start to finish mysteriously gone silent?

Here is the problem with Linux now - lots of distros exceed a gig. And back in 1993, I had the entire New Testament on a searchable 1.44 meg floppy that also had on that same floppy the application that tied it all together. How many New Testaments are in a gig then? How could anyone audit that when it is all program code and not just simple reading? Linux will NOT be audited. Anyone who tries will take years on a single distro and die in the process, the NSA will never allow it to happen.

Yesterday I had it proven to me that Linux Live, (at least all Ubuntu derivatives) are NSA hackware that is as barn door open as anything from Microsoft. A computer will not highlight and delete its own screen by itself, and in this case it was not me. WHO DID IT THEN?

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    Jim Stone: http://jimstonefreelance.com

Linux Mint/Ubuntu are PERFECTLY HACKED

You may not want to believe this, but it is absolutely true.

Yesterday, when I was doing the report about how to shut Ferguson down, they used remote desktop access on Linux Mint Maya LIVE to perform the web site hacks. I have not looked into what Linux Mint is supposed to have or allow, but I can flatly state with absolute certainty that they had remote desktop access IN FULL, and always do when I log on, they proved it yesterday.

The myth: Running linux live keeps you safe.

Reality: Linux was rewritten by funding from Microsoft in 2007 as a "charity" from Bill Gates. Prior to this, the program size was small. After this, it was over 700 megs which is an awful lot of code to audit, even if it is open source.

FACT: I have paid attention to people who have claimed they were going to audit all 700 plus megs in current Linux distros and watched their web sites. The audits never get completed and the web sites just go stale. I beg to question WHY.

FACT: Yesterday, when running Mint Maya 14 live, it was obvious someone had remote desktop access. This is because the first iteration of yesterday's Ferguson report was complete, ready to be posted and it highlighted itself and deleted itself right in front of me. I watched it happen. It highlighted green and vanished. None of the other front page text vanished along with it, only that report vanished. This could only happen if someone highlighted it via remote desktop access and wiped it while I was running live from CD, which is supposed to be totally immune to hacks. This proves beyond all doubt that NSA hackware is built into Linux Mint Maya and resident on the live CD.

That was not the only hack that happened over that report. I had the current version completely rewritten and already posted on the web site, was making small changes, and on my desktop the entire front page of the web site highlighted and deleted itself in the editor and if I had hit save, even the current report would have vanished. Another hack (which caused me to wipe the entire front page myself) put about 80 K of machine code into the web page below where I could see it in the editor, and when I hit save the front page of the web site began behaving strangely so rather than pick through it all to fix it, I deleted the entire front page and posted the re-typed Ferguson report from back up. That is why the page looked the way it did yesterday, I wiped it to protect people who hit the site and had to do it quick because thousands of people hit this site in a very short time (I knew the page was whacked and could not waste time fixing it while people got nailed by whatever that code was.)

What does this say? Well, they hate the topic of Israeli trained police being put in place to prevent righteous backlash from the American people over all the damage the Jews have done to this country, and the fact that Ferguson is the new staging ground for police state tyranny. They hate that topic so much that they were willing to blow a huge linux secret - that Linux live, running from a burned disk has built in remote desktop access an intelligence agency can use to rape your machine at will. THAT would be a huge secret to throw away, would it not?

I am sure a well trusted debunker is going to call B.S. on this and say, LINUX IS OPEN SOURCE, ANYONE CAN AUDIT IT, THIS CANNOT BE TRUE, JIM STONE IS FULL OF BEANS. My response? Why have all the people who have claimed they were going to audit the whole thing from start to finish mysteriously gone silent?

Here is the problem with Linux now - lots of distros exceed a gig. And back in 1993, I had the entire New Testament on a searchable 1.44 meg floppy that also had on that same floppy the application that tied it all together. How many New Testaments are in a gig then? How could anyone audit that when it is all program code and not just simple reading? Linux will NOT be audited. Anyone who tries will take years on a single distro and die in the process, the NSA will never allow it to happen.

Yesterday I had it proven to me that Linux Live, (at least all Ubuntu derivatives) are NSA hackware that is as barn door open as anything from Microsoft. A computer will not highlight and delete its own screen by itself, and in this case it was not me. WHO DID IT THEN?
    I've believed for a while now that microsoft must have infiltrated Ubuntu because it did get super bloated and started running like shit, I went back to running 10.10 but now I cant view youtube or other videos but it does run much faster.
    -Hillbilly 8)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Glass (6th January 2015)

Thanks

^ so what's the flavor to get now, which gets good reviews AND isn't "bloated" aka compromised?

I went with ubuntu 14.04 64-bit last summer; and was impressed on the one hand with its "windoze-like" ease of installation, modern interface, etc.

Skype (read: msft) for ubuntu was a disappointment; opens everything (concurrent chats, user profiles, etc) in separate windows rather than integrated into one window ala the MS-windoze version; and the smiley animation needed to be left turned off (as it is set by default when you install it... seemed odd to me at the time but I turned the animation on and...), otherwise they suck up all the processor time for some reason, and make skype run unbearably slow (IE letters you type don't appear in the compose box for several seconds, ditto for everything, changing windows, calling up menus, etc ).

Skype offers a version for 5 linux dist's:

• Ubuntu 12.04 (multi-arch) & 10.04 32-bit;
    • Debian 7 (multiarch);
    • Fedora 16 32-bit;
    • OpenSUSE 12.1 32-bit;
    • Dynamic

^ a little birdie tells me, MSFT/Skype limits skype to those linux flavors coz they're sufficiently compromised? I wouldn't want to be without skype...

And I hate to say, despite unix/Linux rep for "stability", I had the thing freeze/stop-responding on me more times then I could count, forcing a hard reboot, which I understand normally costs you a few HD clusters or some shit? Well, after around 3 months running only ubuntu (no dual boot...), one day powering on the laptop (new in July) lead straight to the BIOS... in short, BIOS couldn't "see" the HD, coz the HD was wasted, and needed replacement; and I suspect the 2-3 hard reboots a week had everything to do with that??

I upgraded to ubuntu 14.10 a couple weeks ago when it came out; and was immediately finding bugs. Now I'm having an issue I'm too lazy to describe in proper detail, but safe to say, I'm considering going back to win-7, with all the security/privacy browser add-ons.... in hindsight, that was a good setup.... and I may just have to suck-up being "open as a barn door" to NSA & friends. Well if JStone is correct above, I've been wide open with ubuntu the whole time anyways!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Serpo (6th January 2015)