Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts
    I took this photo 5 minutes ago:

Attachment 6220

These are Pine Creek Ranch (Hage) cattle grazing unmolested by the BLM for the first time in 20 years since the federal judge ordered the grazing permits restored.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    No kidding, one mis-step and he's done for. You can bet your ass these agents are just waiting with baited breath for one slip up so they can justify murdering him and his whole family. Then they'll get rewards and accolades for taking town "domestic terrorists". Makes me sick.

If his ranch was in Nye County our sheriff, Tony De Meo would see that due process was followed. But in Clark County it doesn't appear to be that way.

On the other hand if Governor
    Sandoval had any balls he would have defused the situation instead of making stupid political statements for the press

The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Re: Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    If his ranch was in Nye County our sheriff, Tony De Meo would see that due process was followed. But in Clark County it doesn't appear to be that way.

On the other hand if Governor
    Sandoval had any balls he would have defused the situation instead of making stupid political statements for the press

Most people, including state politicians believe the states are SUBSERVIENT to the federal government and not the other way around.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

monty (9th April 2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Most people, including state politicians believe the states are SUBSERVIENT to the federal government and not the other way around.
    Sad but true.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    ...the states are SUBSERVIENT to the federal government and not the other way around.
    Direct result of dual citizenship per the 14th amendment. Here is the law that this violates

Matthew 6:24
    No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.

Paying feudal tenures to the federal government in the form of grazing rights establishes pecking order.
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to palani For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (9th April 2014),Serpo (9th April 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

it is a money and power thing. Years ago when i was working in the kenworth truck shop on night shift a trucker came in for service. The man didn't look like a truck driver to me. He looked like a rancher. I said to him "you look like a rancher to me. What are you doing driving a truck"? He told yes, he had been a rancher in montana but the blm had filed numerous law suits against him and his family. He said the government never won a single case but the cost of litigacition broke them. They were forced to sell. He had bought a truck with his share and was hauling livestock for a living.

One of my classmates, and very close friend is a cattleman. He went to collage against his father's advice. He has had more than his share of harrasment from the blm, but says his college training has given him the tools he needs to stay one jump ahead of them.

Nevada has the best politicians money can buy so agenda 21 is happily marching forward.

Sent from my ipad using forum runner
    qed !
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dogman For This Useful Post:

monty (9th April 2014)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,855 Times in 7,912 Posts

He said the government never won a single case but the cost of litigacition broke them.
    His adversary was the wicked who have unlimited resources at their disposal and they derive their satisfaction in life from fucking over others - quite possibly the nastiest combination there is.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

madfranks (9th April 2014),monty (9th April 2014)

Thanks

87 % of our state is "unclaimed property". How do you propose we claim it? Since the closure of the homestead act anyone who has claimed any of this property, with the exception of mining claims, has been forcefully evicted by these bureaucrats.

Claim it like the gov. claimed Iraq, bunch of men with guns and the such.
    Take it easy on me guys, I'm a victim of Holocaust related melancholy.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Nevada Rancher: “Wake up America…They are taking everything away from us”

By Nick Sorrentino on April 9, 2014
    http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...434.jpg?dd9ad2
    Well the “range war” out west continues on. The Feds have decided that a piece of land which has been ranched by the Bundy family for decades is off limits. (They decided this 20 years ago.) The Bundy’s didn’t comply. Now the proverbial dung is hitting the fan.
    The Bundy’s say (along with the Governor of Nevada and one of the state’s Senators) that the Bureau of Land Management has overstepped its bounds by bringing in a small army of heavily armed agents, including snipers perched on ridges to chase the Bundy’s off the range land.
    The Feds have also impounded cattle and have sought to restrict the filming of the showdown, erecting at one point a “1st Amendment zone” tucked away from the action.
    Virtually the entire west is governed by the BLS which over the years has expanded its power and has sought to restrict the rights of farmers and ranchers. .
    Why do these things always seem to happen around tax day?
    (From KSL.com)
    Logue said Dave Bundy was taking pictures and recording on his iPad when he was asked by federal employees what he was doing. Logue said that Dave Bundy told the BLM workers that he was “exercising (his) First Amendment rights.”
    “He did not resist arrest, but they continued to beat him,” Logue told KSL. “They put him on the ground and were standing on his head and had a dozen officers on top of him and dogs.”
    The Bundy family was asked to leave the premises after Dave Bundy’s arrest. Logue said that there were snipers and uniformed men on the scene during the cattle impoundment.
    Click here for the the article.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Hundreds of Armed Feds and Snipers Surround Nevada Cattle Ranchers Property: Is This the Next Ruby Ridge?

By: Jay Syrmopoulos Apr 9, 2014 9

http://benswann.com/wp-content/uploa...ff-700x383.jpg

UPDATE: Strike teams of 15-20 agents are attempting to take the cattle and often in the process killing and burying the cattle in the desert. A group of roughly 120 peaceful protestors attempted to stop them and got in front of a convoy of agents in an attempt to call in the local sheriff as they perceived this as an illegal action.
    BLM agents began violently attacking the protestors, throwing women to the ground with a number of men being tazed. Agents had assault weapons and sidearms drawn but due to the mass of peaceful protestors, ended up retreating after their initial attack. Protestors are awaiting and anticipating a more forceful response and requesting assistance from all freedom fighters/lovers in the SW U.S. and nationwide.

Clark County, Nev., April 9, 2014- Over the past two decades there has been an ongoing standoff between the U.S. federal government and a 67-year-old local Nevada cattle rancher named Clive Bundy. This past week armed federal agents were deployed in what is a clear escalation in this ongoing feud.

Clive Bundy, the last of the cattle ranchers in Clark County, refuses to comply with a court order from 2013 that orders him to remove his cattle from public land managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) a division of the U.S. Department of the Interior.

The BLM and the U.S National Park Service claim that they are simply responding to Mr. Bundy’s refusal to comply with the order by calling in federal agents and contract cowboys to confiscate what they call Mr. Bundy’s “trespass cattle.” Thus far, they have impounded roughly 277 of Clive Bundy’s estimated 900 cattle.

The Bureau of Land Management claims on their website that the, “Cattle have been in trespass on public lands in southern Nevada for more than two decades. This is unfair to the thousands of other ranchers who graze livestock in compliance with federal laws and regulations throughout the West. The Bureau of Land Management and the National Park Service have made repeated attempts to resolve this matter administratively and judicially. An impoundment of cattle illegally grazing on public lands is now being conducted as a last resort.”
    As reported by The Blaze, the ranchers wife Carol Cox says there now appears to be snipers stationed around the family’s 150-acre ranch.

Mr. Bundy, a lifelong rancher, compares the government escalation to actions that the government has taken in Ruby Ridge, ID and Waco, TX. He contends that the Gold Butte area has been used by his family since the late 1800’s and that he has preemptive rights to the land. Bundy claims that the Bureau of Land Management has clearly “overstepped its boundaries by not letting me access my rights, not recognizing state sovereignty, and having over 200 armed officers watching our every move and stealing our cattle.”

Mr. Bundy’s daughter Shiree Bundy Cox in a letter explains the feud from the family’s perspective:

“I have had people ask me to explain my dad’s stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the survival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. The rights to the land use are called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the Bureau of Land Management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repairs and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these monies against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they’re own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penance he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren’t doing their job. He quit paying the BLM and tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn’t work, they used the endangered species card. You’ve already heard about the desert tortoise. Well that didn’t work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now they’re desperate. It’s come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the Constitution of the United States of America. Then there’s the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn’t paid them, those cattle belong to him, regardless of where they are they are my father’s property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even existed. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad’s signature on it. They think they can take them over two borders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfield Auction and sell them. All this with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are? Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks”

The government position is that Bundy owes them for grazing fees that he stopped paying in 1993, which he argued in court that he had no obligation to pay the agency, as his ancestors worked the land before the existence of the Bureau of Land Management. Subsequently, in 1998, the land was declared completely off limits to cattle as it was declared a designated habitat for the federally protected desert tortoise.

Although Clive Bundy attempted to pay the county, they refused his payment. BLM spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon, says that “The estimated amount owed by him… totals $1.1 million.” Cost estimates for the cattles removal from the land are approximately $3 million dollars, which the taxpayer will be responsible for paying.
    When Cannon was asked about the claim that snipers are on scene, she refused to confirm or deny the allegation saying, “There are law enforcement and other personnel in place as needed to ensure that the BLM and National Park Services employees and contractors are able to conduct the operation safely. Specific operations information regarding this impoundment will not be released.”

In addition to the heavily armed federal presence, the Bundy’s 37-year-old son Dave was arrested, “following failure to comply with multiple requests by BLM law enforcement to leave the temporary closure area on public lands,” stated Cannon. Dave Bundy was held overnight after being arrested for refusing to disperse and resisting issuance of a citation or arrest. He claims he was arrested and roughed up for filming federal agents while outside an area designated for First Amendment activity on the disputed land. Cannon was unable to explain why he was held overnight and refused to comment on the allegations of brutality.

Through it all, Clive Bundy stands firm stating, “It’s a freedom issue. It’s not about cows. It’s a states rights issue. I really hope that we can learn to defend our liberties here and keep on fighting until the end. I don’t know when the end is going to be, but I believe that America is the greatest land in the world and it needs to be protected. Our rights and liberties need to be protected and we’re going to stand for that.”

Jackie did it and you know it!