Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone published saying the US dollar WILL NOT collapse?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Re: Has anyone published saying the US dollar WILL NOT collapse?

I have not read or watched or listened to anyone who said the "dollar will not collapse." However, it always gets into words and their meanings. I listen to Greg Hunter channel on YouTube and he always tries to ask the guest is there going to be a dollar collapse and when will it happen. Those are the psychologically satisfying kinds of questions and info that hook his subcribers and listeners. More often than not lately, his guests have not used the word "collapse" but have used the word "reset." They say there definitely will be a "reset." I get the idea that a reset is something that happens instead of a "collapse" and that it is something different than a "collapse."

I deduce that a "reset" has something to do with just wiping all the derivatives debt off the books somehow, sort of like declaring a year of Jubilee, and starting over again, which is not technically declaring a "default" on debt - now i'm talking U.S. national banking debt like a country defaults on its bond debts. People will still have their 401Ks and such but the value attached to dollars/interest connected with those accounts will be "changed" or "reset."

I think a total banking default and default of U.S. bonds held by other countries would be more what I would describe as a "collapse."

I know the banksters have bad stuff in store for us but somehow think they will find a tricky way to avoid this total chaotic "collapse" scenario because that will result in violence and chaos on a grand scale in the streets. Don't think the evil banksters want that right now.

As far as getting us little people ready for a "reset", there are many minor "crisis" scenarios they can engineer to happen to us that will make us ready, and make us understand and accept a reset.

That is my understanding.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

andy gause has a weekly radio show at oneradionetwork

sharp guy, written a couple of books, knows monetary system backward and forward, been fading frn collapse all along

i agree

frn flies many flags -- dollar, euro, yen, yuan, peso, etc

it is the one world currency that so many are waiting for. is here, been here, not leaving anytime soon

this same fact destroys more ignorance surrounding saddam selling oil for euro got him killed meme

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

There will be no re-set, because re-sets are noticeable and unnecessary. That's what inflation is for. Simply erode the currency by 1-5% per year forever. When the going gets tough, erode it by 5-15% for a few years, and explain it as temporary, like the 1970's.

The U.S. has about as much debt as the entire money supply. So the entire debt could be wiped out with 50% inflation for one year. But that won't happen. It will be 5% inflation over 10 years.

For those who say that our unfunded obligations are 5x that amount, then fine. That's the 75-year outlook. That can be handled with 3.5% annual inflation over a 75-year period. More some years, less other years. This is why you have precious metals.

Other countries are in such worse shape than the U.S. Wake me up when the Euro and Yen collapse.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

cheka. (14th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Sparky is always the Willy Wonka to my Veruca Salts.

75 years he arbitrarily lobes out there like an everlasting gobstopper... lol!

Electrum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dachsie View Post
    I get the idea that a reset is something that happens instead of a "collapse" and that it is something different than a "collapse."

I deduce that a "reset" has something to do with just wiping all the derivatives debt off the books somehow, sort of like declaring a year of Jubilee, and starting over again, ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    There will be no re-set, because re-sets are noticeable and unnecessary. That's what inflation is for. Simply erode the currency by 1-5% per year forever.
    I agree that major creditors will never agree to having their assets wiped clean, so a reset by government decree won't happen.

You sound like you think J.M. Keynes was reasonable. Spend like a drunk and inflate your debt away. No problem.

BTW, kind of in response to my own original question, I am shocked by the attitude of Teeka Tiwari. I think he has a great deal of wisdom and insight into the markets, but he predicts that the next decade or so will be a bull market. He's worked out something he calls "The New Golden Ratio" having to do with a ratio of age groups. Looking backwards in history it seems to be a perfect indicator of the market. I'm impressed by it.

But OTOH, all the "nails in the coffin" of the dollar which Mike Maloney lines up in his bonus presentation at Hidden Secrets of Money make me fear Teeka's boat is going to be swamped by the backwash when the economy's engine sputters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Sparky is always the Willy Wonka to my Veruca Salts.

75 years he arbitrarily lobes out there like an everlasting gobstopper... lol!
    75 years is how far out the Congressional Budget Office runs their economic forecast model, which is how we know how many "unfunded" liabilities we have. It wasn't arbitrary at all.

Iridium
    Thanks

bet on inflation

fade collapse

fade deflation

no reset needed, and more importantly, not WANTED (by the pigmen). the thing is working beautifully for them. they added the iraq dinar to their stable not long ago......and iran seems like it is set to become the latest franchise....if syria doesnt beat them to it. cuba is a darkhorse...

take all 3 in a trifecta box and cash a nice ticket

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
    I agree that major creditors will never agree to having their assets wiped clean, so a reset by government decree won't happen.

You sound like you think J.M. Keynes was reasonable. Spend like a drunk and inflate your debt away. No problem.

Sadly, I'm so misunderstood. :-(

Nowhere do I say it isn't a problem. It's perpetual de-basement of our currency, inexorably eroding our purchasing power. I'm just saying it won't happen all at once in a re-set or collapse. Those dramatic scenarios are much more at risk in Europe and Japan.

We've operated like this for a hundred years. I will admit that the plans underway to create a Chinese currency bank throw a wildcard into the dollar's future. But still, I don't see collapse. Certainly not until after the Euro and Japan collapse. If/when that happens, then we can start talking about a dollar re-set or collapse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cheka. View Post
    bet on inflation

fade collapse

fade deflation

no reset needed, and more importantly, not WANTED (by the pigmen). the thing is working beautifully for them. they added the iraq dinar to their stable not long ago......and iran seems like it is set to become the latest franchise
    Exactly right. The people who run things don't want a collapse. They have the perfect arrangement now. They can rob you slowly. A re-set will only draw unwanted attention.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

cheka. (14th April 2015)

Iridium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Exactly right. The people who run things don't want a collapse. They have the perfect arrangement now. They can rob you slowly. A re-set will only draw unwanted attention.
    they've spent a looong time building the parasitic global ubersuperpower enriching/killing/controlling machine. throw it away and start over? can't see it