Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $18.50 silver?

Thanks

$18.50 silver?

is it doable?

Great Value Carrots 1970 silver art's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: $18.50 silver?

Yeah it is doable. I see silver breaking 2013 intra-day low of $18.14 and I think that $14-$15 will be the low for silver for 2014 and will go further down after that.
    Last edited by 1970 silver art; 29th May 2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: wording
    DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

Pepperoni Pizza + Orange Juice + Netflix + Silver art bars = My life.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.

Thanks

You break my heart.

Thanks

Better dump anything numismatic or bullion with higher premiums at these levels.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

$18 silver feels really depressing. Hard to remember the days when we were floating in the $40s, the $30s, and the $20s. Now we're settling back into the teens. WTF?
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Great Value Carrots Silver Rocket Bitches!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 590 Posts

Based on zero fundamentals. Realistically, silver should be maintaining in the $30 range if demand for Silver Eagles and weakness of the dollar is any indication. Instead, it keeps plummeting. It's all because of the paper game. It's always the paper game.
    everything we learn changes that which we know to be true

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Yep, silver is finished. No suprise there.
    The economy has recovered and we should be good to go for the next 20 years. TJPTB have complete control.
    Probably the biggest surprise by the end of this year, will be a bitcoin payment system price crash. They will go the way of beanie babies, baseball cards and Pogs. There's over 300 bitcoin payment systems now and on the way to 1,000. Those that cashed out early will have done all right, but the die hards will end up with a pile of, well...nothing.
    The dollar will remain king. Good real estate in hot areas is a good place to be.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

For those concerned about the silver price:

You bought silver for one of two reasons: 1) Insurance against financial system breakdown, and/or 2) an opportunity to make money in a speculative market.

As for the first reason, nothing has changed. You may have thought a financial breakdown was imminent, and yet it remains propped up. By now you should have learned the lesson that those propping up the market have many tools for doing so, and you should recognize that the timing of a breakdown is beyond your ability to predict. Do you fret because your house hasn't burned down yet, after all these years of paying for fire insurance?

As for the second reason, perhaps you are into something that is way over your head. ALL markets go through short to medium term periods of counter-fundamental price moves, partially via manipulation that preys on the emotional sentiments of speculators. For those of you who thought $50 silver meant $100 silver was just around the corner, you have not done your homework on how markets move, particularly markets as speculative as precious metals. These markets are meant to take your money and break your heart. I have had some good timing and some bad timing when it comes to purchases. For my bad timing, I blame only myself. This is how markets work, it has taken me years to understand this, and my poor timing choices are the cost of my education. The market price is always right, even including the manipulation, because manipulation is part of all market pricing. Markets are all about a war of sentiments and emotions among its participants. If your timing was bad, it simply means you don't know as much about this game as you thought you did. Your opponents are beating you. They have remained one step ahead of you. To say that the price should be at a certain level right now is sour grapes on your part.

As for $18.50 silver, of course it is doable. You should have learned by now that nearly any price is doable, regardless of what you think the price should be. I disagree with Silver Art Bar Josie on his $14-$15 call, but I've learned that anything can happen. My guess is that $16 is probably a floor, but I know that a lower price would break a lot of spirits, so it could certainly happen since breaking spirits is how markets take your money.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

madfranks (29th May 2014),Neuro (29th May 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,297 Times in 1,398 Posts

If you are standing on flat ground in a village surrounded by a market of vegetables and meats, those merchants are looking to trade what they have an abundance of for something else. When there is abundance of other things, you can trade for them. When there is an abundance of currency, prices are higher for the things sold.

Now, in this marketplace which happens to be in Zimbabwe, will the 10million Z-dollars you earned last year buy you more than the gram of silver you bought last year? No. The silver will hold its value better.

Now take away the marketplace... and let the veggies and meat be scarce. Little food and little water. There is none for sale and your silver or Z-dollars don't help. Instead, a gang of bandits arrive and steal what you have at gunpoint. But you are a well-trained combatant and before they leave, you take down one and use his gun to kill the others. Now your skills were more valuable than money, food, and guns. The local tribe respects that and bring you food for their protection.

We are on the verge of this kind of transition. War is coming and hell will soon be unleashed on earth. Silver, gold or money- all temporary stores of wealth. Be ready to use what you have for best value, looking into the distance with clear vision.
    SPECTRISM time countdown2025

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spectrism For This Useful Post:

BrewTech (20th June 2014),govcheetos (3rd October 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

Spectrism, your hypothetical seems misplaced. If this is a Zimbabwe marketplace flooded with dollars, why does it take fewer of them to buy silver than it did a year ago, or two years ago? Silver has not held its value better, as you say. It buys 15% less than it did a year ago, 30% less than two years ago, and 45% less than three years ago. There is very little in the marketplace that has LOST more of its purchasing value than silver has over this period.

How does your commentary relate to the price of silver, which is the subject of this thread? You say we are on the verge of transition. My point is that we don't know this at all. We may say dramatic transition is inevitable, but we are mistaken to assume that it is just around the corner. This is a lesson that we have been slow to learn.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

smooth (1st October 2014)