Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: COIN (new ETF) adds to the tension between bitcoin and gold

Electrum
    Thanks

Re: COIN (new ETF) adds to the tension between bitcoin and gold

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Why do you think there's never been a stink made by the US government about bitcoin...they've been in on it all along.
    This is fascinating speculation. It has many implications and possibility.

A while ago, I read a blog which presented the case that NSA created bitcoin and purposely used flawed encryption so they could track its use.
    ... these complex mathematical coincidences are strong evidence that Bitcoin was not designed by a single lucky person – but by many extremely smart mathematicians and computer programmers over a period of several years. [Private entities] would not be likely to choose the NSA flawed encryption method. In other words, the strange design of Bitcoin has the fingerprints of the NSA all over it.
    The blogger made his point, but I got to wondering why. I don't fully go for either his or your (EE_) logic, but yes I think they're in on it and I think I know why.

After 9/11/01, everyone asked why, oh why, we couldn't have known about the terrorists in time to stop them. "Follow the money," is the phrase we heard. We need to track terrorists transferring money around the world to know where they're going to hit. But Arabs have had an untraceable money transfer network in operation for over a thousand years which terrorists use. It works on trust and person-to-person contact. But it's slow and expensive. What if they could find an anonymous, instant, dirt-cheap way to transfer money around the world? If the terrorist thought it was anonymous and NSA knows it's not, the stage would be set.

And since Congress has been tipped off that they shouldn't hamper bitcoin, they just make noise and threats. It fits. And I'm not even opposed to it (since my credit card purchases and brokerage investments are surely very visible to NSA anyway).

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Two things then. One, since the bitcoin code is all open source, anyone with the technical ability should be able to prove one way or another if there are backdoors that allow government tracking.

Two, if you don't trust bitcoin, there are alternative coins (litecoin being the most prominent) which use different proof of work algorithms and were created publicly by known individuals. These coins weren't created by government, unless you think that every single alt-coin developer is secretly a government agent.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

The jew-anglo world appreciates any baseless, POP currency it could get its hands on currently because its current one is washed out.

The Asians not so much, though it generated much steam there due to the other washed out currencies. Anything that smells of lesser value in "wallets" of the masses will be tread on only lightly.

When crypto-fanboys tell you that cryptos aren't going away, it should be taken that they aren't going anywhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
    After 9/11/01, everyone asked why, oh why, we couldn't have known about the terrorists in time to stop them. "Follow the money," is the phrase we heard. We need to track terrorists transferring money around the world to know where they're going to hit. But Arabs have had an untraceable money transfer network in operation for over a thousand years which terrorists use. It works on trust and person-to-person contact. But it's slow and expensive. What if they could find an anonymous, instant, dirt-cheap way to transfer money around the world? If the terrorist thought it was anonymous and NSA knows it's not, the stage would be set.
    This theory is not plausable. Who asked why we couldn't have known? I feel certain a small group did know.

There too much evidence that says 9/11 was no Muslim terrorist attack. Instead of asking where the money went, ask who benefitted most...the answer is obvious. It was not the Muslims....if it was, how did it work out for them? All their countries lay in ruin or are in the process of becoming ruined.

Plus the so called terrorist were trained under the Jewish Saudi's rule in Saudi Arabia. Funny the US never considered going there to investigate?

So that leaves Israel and it's proxy US governemnt. The US government benefitted by expanding it's power over everyone like never could have before.
    Israel benefitted by having it's enemies destroyed. 9/11 was also to preserve the Jewish petro-dollar and control over oil.

If Muslim terrorists really wanted to attack US interests, they would have gone straight to the head of the vampire squid, Israel. They could have wiped Israel off the map...then I couldn't have made this arguement.

They probably only wanted to buy time with the petro-dollar until they could get the new digital currency introduced, hence bitcoin. Bitcoin may not be the new digital currency, but it will help get people accustomed to going digital until the new ?Coin is ready.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks

Slaying of crypto aside, their utility function is a proper one. Speculation investment, would be contained to one that was designed to eat all the others in utility fashion.

As has been presented with the Banker approved Ripple system.

Iffen your morals have no questions as to where they're taking you... Chase will probably purchase down the road and call it a Citi-Ripple.

SnapSwap Launches in Europe

SnapSwap announced on Thursday the expansion of its operations to Europe. The gateway’s arrival on the Old Continent means Ripple payments can now be made between European countries through SnapSwap EU and major markets like Australia, Canada, China, Latin America, Singapore, New Zealand, and the US.

SnapSwap EU is available to European citizens as well as “users from countries like Brazil, Indonesia, or Kenya”—as long as they can provide the necessary KYC (Know Your Customer) documents, like a passport or international driver’s license, says founder Denis Kiselev. “Because of regulations, we are also allowed to service the rest of the world,” he said, adding that the company is “working under European law and is fully compliant with financial regulations and requirements.”
    What is ripple?

Ripple is an internet protocol for making financial transactions. It has a fully distributed exchange, meaning that any currency, both fiat and digital, can be hooked into the network, and anyone can trade these currencies.
    Read more about Ripple

https://ripple.com/wp-content/upload...ipple-map1.png

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Two things then. One, since the bitcoin code is all open source, anyone with the technical ability should be able to prove one way or another if there are backdoors that allow government tracking.

Two, if you don't trust bitcoin, there are alternative coins (litecoin being the most prominent) which use different proof of work algorithms and were created publicly by known individuals. These coins weren't created by government, unless you think that every single alt-coin developer is secretly a government agent.
    Not to mention Darkcoin whose soul purpose of existence is anonymity. The foundation is still being laid, but it holds a LOT of promise with digital anonymity. Now there are also coins who use 11, or 13 different variations of encryption. Darkcoin is also another one it is an X11 type coin. So that one will with that many different layers of cryptography will never be cracked. Not in any of our lifetimes. X13 type coins are brand new this year.

My point in all of this is to supplement what Mad Franks said by saying that if Bitcoin was government created. They are having the unintended consequences of enormous innovation regarding alternative crypto currency methods. I don't buy that it was Government sponsored or created. Satoshi worked with other people to develop this concept. Gavin Anderson who is a member of the Bitcoin foundation worked with him in developing the first alpha protocol.

The key is its decentralized nature. That's the beauty and draw of crypto currencies.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks

Oh beegeesus, now wait until the all new SR71 Diect X9 version cryptography.

Attachment 6510

Electrum
    Thanks

I feel certain a small group did know.
    Yes, Able Danger.

All their countries lay in ruin or are in the process of becoming ruined.
    The true believers believe we should all live in the stone age. Their leaders literally lived in caves for a while. You can't ruin a country with bombs according to that line of thinking, you can only make it better by destroying the advances of civilization.

Plus the so called terrorist were trained under the Jewish Saudi's rule in Saudi Arabia.
    So called? Under the what?

Please tell me you write novels. I'm sure they're excellent. I'll read every one.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
    Yes, Able Danger.

The true believers believe we should all live in the stone age. Their leaders literally lived in caves for a while. You can't ruin a country with bombs according to that line of thinking, you can only make it better by destroying the advances of civilization.

So called? Under the what?

Please tell me you write novels. I'm sure they're excellent. I'll read every one.
    You believe in government approved fairy tales?
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Electrum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    You believe in government approved fairy tales?
    I don't believe the US economy is "recovering" like government has been reporting.

I don't believe much of what President Obama says.

Tell me, you of Absurdistan, what do you think I believe that you believe is a government fairy tale?