Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
Truth is a big seller around these parts Mr. Jackson, ... There is no The Truth, that's your own version, Here is only Truth in its unadulterated form.
Wow. This is too bizarre.

It reminds me of a couple things. Over the centuries, gifted scientists have alternately adamantly argued and even proven that light is particles, and then light is a wave. You see waves behave one way and particles behave a very different way. It can't be both. Everyone at least agreed that was true. Then along came the double slit experiment, and oh good grief. Nobody really understood what THE TRUTH was after all. Even today it's not totally nailed down.

But the real irony is the commonality I'm seeing with Roswell. I haven't studied the 1947 Roswell crash much, so I may have the details wrong, but I think the army had a high altitude balloon which they floated over Russia carrying radiation measurement equipment so they could detect if the Russians were working on the atomic bomb. This was TOP TOP CODEWORD SECRET, so when the balloon crashed and some civilians got a peek, they had to come up with a story to deny it. Some junior officer allowed that aliens had crashed, but wiser people knew that no one would believe that for long, so they changed the cover story.

To this very day, there is a fierce following of people who KNOW THE TRUTH--that the filthy US Government is covering up an alien crash. It HAD to be! For one thing, someone found a material that when crumpled up would pop right back as if by magic. No one had yet seen mylar party balloons, so they figured it HAD to be material made by aliens.

In like manner, we may be developing a fierce following of those who can't believe that 19 reasonably intelligent and able-bodied Muslim men could learn to fly, buy plane tickets and box cutters and commit the unspeakable evil of September 11.

It is, indeed, hard to grasp how anyone could harbor that much hate. And it's hard to understand that the base of "one of the world's great religions" could be evil in such distilled and concentrated form. But it is so. Don't tell me about one truth if you refuse to see it.