Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Privacy Tools

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Re: Privacy Tools

http://www.redicecreations.com/ul_im...tekt_small.jpg
    Detekt: A New Malware Detection Tool That Can Expose Illegitimate State Surveillance

2014 11 21

Recent years have seen a boom in the adoption of surveillance technology by governments around the world, including spyware that provides its purchasers the unchecked ability to target remote Internet users’ computers, to read their personal emails, listen in on private audio calls, record keystrokes and passwords, and remotely activate their computer’s camera or microphone. EFF, together with Amnesty International, ...

http://www.redicecreations.com/ul_im...GCHQ_small.jpg
    New UK spy chief says tech giants aid terrorism, privacy not ‘absolute right’

2014 11 21

Robert Hannigan, the new head of GCHQ The new head of Britain’s GCHQ, the UK equivalent of the NSA in the U.S., said he believes privacy is not an absolute right and that tech giants must open themselves up to intelligence agencies. “GCHQ is happy to be part of a mature debate on privacy in the digital age,” Hannigan said. “But privacy ...

^ heh, pretending "tech giants" aren't already in bed with the JWO spook agencies! -PC
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

With the latest update of Firefox it becomes even more stupified and unusable. I'm tired of the history tiles. THe fact that delete all history on exit doesn't delete all history.

that the back and forward options are now stupid context icons that clutter up the screen. And the newest version has a ton of useless search engines pre installed AND finally that it keeps trying to auto complete my URLS and my search commands and then starts down loading that same shit before even asking me what I want.

Firefox is now Fuckedfox and we're done.

Trialing Yandex. It's similar to an early chrome or some such.

Cons: Doesn't do home pages. Doesn't auto delete history on exit. Has crappy tableau which is the same as tiles of FF.

Pros: designed by Russians who I hope told the NSA to GFTS.

I can't find anything that really suits my needs but it will have to do. The Firefox development team seems to have been captured by retards.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

I'm stable at Firefox 28.0

Java wants me to throw my shit in the trash and get an Intell system that is built by________. To work properly.
    I will not up/downgrade my XP.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

expat4ever (21st February 2015),Glass (8th February 2015)

Unobtanium
    Thanks

I also just ran this Detekt App on my PC for shits and giggles.

http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=32102

Nothing found.

I've got another one which I think is compromised. Took a full day and a half of battling someone to gain control of it. Freaky when you can see them trying to stop you clean a system. I still think it's beaconing when I connect it to something that has Internet access but no one is grabbing control like before. There were some other things which I talked about before. Anyway will be interesting to scan and see if it actually has anything on it.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

I upgraded my firefox again because the flash plugin stopped working and updating it didn't fix the problem. So FF ver 32 was what I had and it was when most of the annoying crap was deployed. Then it wen to 35 or 36 or something.

Anyway I'll persist with Yandex. I will put that browser on the personal tracking device as well. I am already running the Yandex shell and that seems very stable.

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

fortunately I just discovered that Adblock plus is available for Yandex since december 2014. good news as I just opened a news web site.... and it's full of ads.

Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Still on 28. Only thing is youtubes are a pain, nothing else. I can't upgrade.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    Still on 28. Only thing is youtubes are a pain, nothing else. I can't upgrade.
    The only thing I could suggest is that if you really need something, get 1 PC and upgrade that or get windows 8 or what you need on it. Then connect to it on Remote Desktop if you need to do anything that requires that PC or it's software.

I have 1 x 8.1 PC for troubleshooting and helping people but I don't use it and only refer/connect to it when I need to know how to do it on Win 8.1. I also modified that install so that it has a proper Start menu and I can navigate it more easily. Not ideal but it works.

The next windows I think is going to be 10. Hopefully it will fix a lot of the mistakes. Who knows. I think Microsoft outsource the development to India these days.

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

After some more time using Yandex as the primary browser I'm not that happy with it. It is based on Chrome and is limited in what you can do. Everything you type into the URL address bar gets submitted as a search to what ever primary search engine you have selected. So if you type in a web address it will search in say google for it then jump you there. So the search engine knows every site you go because it's either a real search result or the URL you typed was searched on.

Address bar submits everything you type to the search engine. can't be disabled.
    No separate search box
    No auto clear/delete of session history when exiting. Manual only
    You are always logged into what ever sites you logged into on reopening the browser. symptom of previous.
    You can't set a home page or pages
    Blank pages have a thumbnail grid showing all the sites you have visited
    You can't get rid of the thumbnail page but you can disable thumbnails showing
    Its fast
    Popup blocker works well

Because this browser is based on chrome and is basically a skinned chrome browser there is not much difference in how it works. I am pretty sure the chrome browser does not auto submit everything typed into the address bar to a search engine. Nearly every other feature or limitation is the same for both.

I'll keep looking for something else but I'll stop using yandex.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

watching UK column today/yesterdays show by the time it gets to me.

They are suggesting people look at a couple of useful tools to encrypt your communications. I have not looked at them yet. I thought I would post them here and see if anyone has used them.

Also so I remember them.

Jitsi is like skype. Has encrypted video conferencing.
    https://jitsi.org/

Cryptocat is a private chat app. You can group chat and share files. Is a browser plugin. You can also go into facebook and see who you know who is already using it and hook up to them.
    https://crypto.cat/

Peerio is a Secure messaging and file sharing app. Not sure about this one. It seems to be a cloud based file sharing system with Chat. No support for IOS or Droids. Seems to have a few good features. You can share files and it will encrypt them to the people you are sharing them with. If you decide to delete any file the system will also delete them from the people you shared the file with. I assume there are limits to what this feature can achieve.
    https://peerio.com/

Liberty Tree.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Glass For This Useful Post:

PatColo (23rd June 2015)