Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood pressure.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Blood pressure.

Went to the VA last Friday for yearly checkup had some tests done, piss in a cup and blood work. etc. Those tests have not come back yet!

When they took my blood pressure they freaked, 219-224 or so over 99 dropped to 217/97 after giving me a quick acting chew it bp pill. Last visit they said I was running a high pressure but left it at that. Now the doc said I was into stroke territory. My bragging days of not taking any med's other than aspirin are over it seems. Now I probably will need to take b/p meds for the rest of my life. Have to go back in a few weeks to check pressures and adjust the plan of attack.

Am doing some web cruising looking for alternatives and such and am wondering what others here if having the same problem do and take, to lower blood pressures?

That work!

?
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks

Re: Blood pressure.

I had high BP and was on a diuretic to reduce my BP. It was 195/ 100. Then when I lost 16 lbs my BP went to below normal. So I started to cut my dose down. First by half, then half of that again and again. Until I was taking such a ridiculously small dose I just stopped. Now I am near normal anywhere from120/80 to 135/95.

BP is a silent killer... but also can stoke you out to where your life has little use. I dont know if you are overweight or use a lot of salt. I only use sea salt now.. and not much. But the doctors always run to the pills even before trying weight loss and dietary restrictions.

BP pills can have bad side effects. It took my 5 different pills before I found one that didnt have any bad side effects. I am really happy to be off of BP meds but if you need them you need them.

I also swear vitamin D3 also helps in maintaining my BP. Good luck in your pursuit of lower BP... But also look into getting your weight and diet in shape as well.

I also invested into a BP meter so I could take my BP twice a day. Or any time I wanted. This helped me in knowing if what I was doing was working. Maybe I am just lucky... but I do believe that you can lower your BP without BP pills.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Celtic Rogue For This Useful Post:

Dogman (26th August 2014)

Thanks

My folks have had great success with a supplement called "Total CardioCover". It's made from Amla fruit and Nattokinase. The Nattokinase is an anti-clot blood thinner and the Amla is great for lowering triglycerides and HDL cholesterol. Together they also lower BP. My Dad bought the Amla and Nattokinase separately from Swanson Vitamins and takes it this way. Stepmom uses the CardioCover.

Give it a try before committing to BP meds for life. Tell your doctor you want to try this for 3 months and let him monitor the results. Who knows? He may start putting other patients on it if it works well for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Half Sense For This Useful Post:

Iridium
    Thanks

look around this site: www.earthclinic.com
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MNeagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It is very early yet, first I am going to try and shed some weight, 10 lbs heaver than last checkup. Work on diet, I use very very little salt, but bunches of spices, need to look into them and sodium, cut the sugar out of my tea and drinks, etc.

Need to get more regular with my TM sessions, plus ether/and/or the med's they are going to try and alternatives.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

http://magneticosleep.com/why-were-b...nials/#general

I was on heavy blood pressure medication (6-8 tabs/day). My daughter checks my blood pressure 3 times a day… we dropped off the med’s as the blood pressure lowered. Today it was down in normal range of 130 over 76. It hadn’t been below 80 for years! I am so thankful… it can’t be easier than just going to bed at night!
    C. D -OK
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

10. The Following User Says Thank You to palani For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Dr. Dachsie is In
    5 cents Please

Unless you have the serious kind of hypertension that is related to kidney disease, I would be very careful and thoughtful in every way regarding rushing to take some prescription BP medicine as those medicines always carry a heavy side effect load.

There are many many things you can do yourself with supplements and life style changes that probably can keep your BP in perfectly normal range.

Of course, trying to keep your weight in the average range for your height is important and you can do that. (This topic alone deserves its own thread.) As you age, weight is harder to control so I do not think being a bit overweight starting in late 50s is not that big a deal, and you can still keep your BP normal range with being a bit overweight. Do not go on any extreme crash diets and lose a lot of weight fast and then regain it just as fast. Weight cycling is not good for the heart.

My BP was inching up. It got to about 160/95 when I would measure regularly
    it at that little sit-down machine that is near the pharmacy part of the grocery store.

I started taking the following supplement three years ago. Take five a day each morning with a milky type health shake each morning. You could take 5 in am and 5 in pm for about the first week since your BP is very high. Be sure to take these pills with food or a milky type shake or something because the cayenne in them is tough on the stomach. I have never had any problems but I do get heartburn if I try to take on empty stomach with just water. My BP quickly went back to normal range and has stayed there for all these years even though I am overweight. I am always going to take these pills. These are something that really work and work fast.

http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=Kyoli...id&x=5&y=8#p=1

Wakunaga - Kyolic, Aged Garlic Extract, Circulation, Formula 106, 200 Capsules
    [4.7777777] 27
    $27.95
    $17.44

If you choose to order it and get it from iherb.com, there is a little box at the check out where if you would, please fill in my point code which is NON503. I get points that can give me a discount on my purchases. iherb is a good company. They deliver fast and prices are good, much better than at local store. Also check out the very low cost sample things on home page and put a couple of those in your basket - very good deals. Also they send you a little gift with each order.

There is something called Straus Heart Drops that has a many year history of helping people dramatically with all kinds of blood pressure, heart, and circulation problems. It is drops and is made of the exact things the Kyloic Garlic Formula 106 is made of - garlin, cayenne, hawthorn berry etc. I hear it is a great product but to me it would just be hard to take the drops as they taste very bad and I think you have to take the drops twice a day and more if you are very overweight. There are many "heart drop" supplements that have tried to copy the Straus Heart Drops formula and I've heard the knock-offs are just as good, so then you look at price and money back guarantee.

Oxygenation as in taking several deep breathes and slowly exhaling and doing that for about 3 minutes can IMMEDIATELY bring down your blood pressure. If someone is taking a physical to get employment and they are concerned their BP is a little high and they might not pass the test, do this in the waiting room right before going in for the exam. It does work.

Meditation and deep breathing every day, even just deep breathing along with maybe just concentrating ones thoughts on one thing, is very beneficial to heart and blood pressure. Most of us take quick shallow breaths and our blood and tissues are hence not sufficiently oxygenated.

God bless you and guide you. This is something you can handle. Use your inner wisdom.

Let us know of your progress.

Thanks
    Still waiting for the other tests to come back!

Until then ?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,651 Times in 3,217 Posts

Keep the salt and cut out your carbs. All carbs. Try it for two months and see how your feel.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Keep the salt and cut out your carbs. All carbs. Try it for two months and see how your feel.
    One jug of salt 1 lb? lasts me almost 2 years. I am looking at my food right now and probably go with no/low salt. My major salt has to be coming from the canned stuff, which I know is packed in high sodium, But as much as I like living, if it takes removing the total gusto, ?

Carbs have been large in my diet and that will be reduced, once I find something what I can tolerate. I only eat one meal per day and sometimes even skip that sometimes.