Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HEY ... Food Purists ...

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Re: HEY ... Food Purists ...

thats right, orange carrots for the Dutch. I think it's acceptable to cross pollinate and then selective from that. Nature is the most effective filter for what works and what doesn't. It's clear the solving world hunger meme doesn't stack up with what we already produce. We don't need to produce more than we need, only as much as we need and we can already do that. It's the distribution that is the problem. And the reasons we know.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Using natures laws to modify the plant world for the betterment of mankind, is far different than muddying the terminology with misleading labeling, by declaring genetic modification the same.

So once again you are wrong, genetic modification implies using unnatural means to modify what nature would allow. Or maybe you go out and fornicate with your corn in those Iowa cornfields and expect the same result as when some geneticist injects human dna into corn plant cells.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,367 Times in 1,125 Posts

In the last year or so I have discovered Chinese Broccoli. I would think that is a natural vegetable and that it escaped the genetic manipulations of the Romans--but there is no way to be sure. Probably has undergone some Chinese genetic manipulations. I think it tastes better than ordinary Roman/American broccoli.

Hatha
    Cosmic justice is getting what you deserve.

Iridium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hatha Sunahara View Post
    In the last year or so I have discovered Chinese Broccoli. I would think that is a natural vegetable and that it escaped the genetic manipulations of the Romans--but there is no way to be sure. Probably has undergone some Chinese genetic manipulations. I think it tastes better than ordinary Roman/American broccoli.

Hatha
    https://i.imgur.com/sWFUYtS.jpg
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint - Isaiah 40:31

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. ~
    Matthew 7:7

geoengineeringwatch.org

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palani View Post
    It was genetically modified in the 6th century by Rome.
    There is a difference between genetic modification and breeding. Broccoli was bred, not genetically modified.
    Voting is the opium of the masses.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Salty For This Useful Post:

mick silver (27th August 2014),Shami-Amourae (27th August 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

did they know how to genetic modification in the 6th century not
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.