6 13.33%
  • God does not exist

5 11.11%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: In your personal view, does God exist

Thanks

Re: In your personal view, does God exist

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rogue View Post
    I am content to live my life... die and return to the elements that I am made of to nourish future generations of life on our planet.
    Beautifully put.

Its the simplicity of atheism which I find actually opens up the real beauty of the universe with all its conundrums and isolation, it has a sweet melancholy that few believers can appreciate.
    Secrets in Plain Sight - A side splitting yet fascinating mockumentary for the archaeologicaly inept and wilfully ignorant.
    "I literaly couldn't stop laughing" - Rolling Stone Magazine "Its like watching a train wreck, but funnier" - NYT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    As far as survival of your offspring, what keeps you from killing anyone that treats your child poorly?
    What keeps you from killing another child that bullies, or hits your child? Only the threat of prison, by man's laws?
    Nothing, other than shared interests.

With all due respect, a belief in god doesn't prevent any of these things from happening either....
    Secrets in Plain Sight - A side splitting yet fascinating mockumentary for the archaeologicaly inept and wilfully ignorant.
    "I literaly couldn't stop laughing" - Rolling Stone Magazine "Its like watching a train wreck, but funnier" - NYT

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rogue View Post
    I dont know for sure... but I am pretty sure there is no magic man in the sky that created everything Nor does he/she do anything when people pray for things to happen! Here are the questions that always come to me when I ponder the possibility of a god.
    1. Can you tell me of anything in existance that wasn't created by something else?

2. Have you ever seen a miracle, or had a brush with death?

Why would a supreme being have to create people and require them to worship him? And be so punitive to punish people that dont... and punish them for eternity! WOW... such a prick! Is god insecure or have a megalomaniac mind set?
    Religious teachings can be extreme, but are they reality?
    Q. Why do you think you are 'required' to worship God?
    Q. Can you think of anyone that should be punished for eternity?

Why does anyone with such powers need this worship? Seems odd. Also if god created EVERYTHING... where did he exist before he created everything? In another dimension? If so then he didnt create everything because at some point their would be nothing and nowhere to exist for himself.
    There again, religious teachings can be extreme.
    Q. Do you believe anything is/can be infinate, eternal?

To me god is a fix for the basic insecurity that we animals with self awareness created to placate our fears about death and the unknown. I am content to live my life... die and return to the elements that I am made of to nourish future generations of life on our planet. I need no place to go when I die to live for eternity with god and my loved ones.
    Yes, you will return to the elements that you are made of...one little detail though, where does the energy/life-force go?

There are and have been many religions and views of what god is... Why now is this one the only true god? I am sure all the other people around the world and through time felt that their god(s) were also the true god too! Religion and the believe in a god is used to control the populous! Always has and always will!
    I think you have this part somewhat figured out. Religion is a construct by man. Religion is used, belief is not.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

crimethink (17th November 2014)

Thanks

i'm middle aged. lately maybe in .the last few years i've had some strange experiences that in my opinion ca not be coincidences. there is something! a force beneficial for all living things! i can not put my hand on it but i see it and benefit from it frequently. speak it! receivce it! be careful what you wish for you just might get it! wo weeks in a row. on a friday about 11pm i was wide awake, bored. i decided to rewire an old black fan. i only had brown, white or clear cord. i needed black. i said to myself i need some black cord. i dont have it so ill use clear. did the job. woke up saturday went to the flea market. bingo!there was a man with two rolls of black cord. this happens so much its too much for a coincidence! just one example of man that i cant explain.
    dont blame me!! im not my fault!!
    i'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    everything in moderation! including moderation!
    Veritas vos liberabit

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiffertom For This Useful Post:

crimethink (17th November 2014),govcheetos (17th November 2014),Libertytree (17th November 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

In my view, krishnamurti and walter russell are the most influential thinkers. I am a pantheist as I hold the belief that the universe (or nature as the totality of everything) is identical with God.

When Mind Consciousness dawns in man, God awareness likewise dawns in him, and he becomes illumined with full knowing of the Oneness of Mind of man and Mind of God.

God's Mind (the Aether) is absolute Stillness and Love [non dual)... to manifest itself to us, God's Mind divided itself... into positive and negative... electromagnetism, Life Force without which the Universe (and all creatures within) wouldn't exist.

Not understanding the above, causes evil... hence allowed by God. God will not stop evil... humans will, should they begin to grasp the true nature of their positive and negative experiences, emotions and senses.

the bible conveys the duality of God's Mind - manifestation:
    Isaiah 45:7 -- I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

... it is up us to chose Good over Evil (being satanic or not in christian terms)...

edit
    I for one believe that the comprehension of the nature and origins of electromagnetism offers the only way to bridge spirituality and sciences. Where rationality and metaphysics come together...
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to singular_me For This Useful Post:

Ares (17th November 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 4,306 Posts

I also voted for Pantheist. From all of my reading into Near Death Experiences and reincarnation accounts this one makes the most sense to me.

Is it right for everyone? Of course not. Your relationship with the creator should be personal. If you choose to have a personal relationship that is. Atheist choose not too, and that is of their own free will.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

"Does God exist, and specifically what is His nature."

You're implying it's a him, and there's only one.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

"I subscribe to deism but unspecific" ... WOW ... what does that mean ?"

I am certain that creatures/things/beings with Godlike abilities exist.

I use the term thing, not to 'dis' God, but because I lack knowledge of his nature.

Only know that he/she/they exist.

What also seems very probable to me is that there is more than one such creature/thing/being, that has the capacity to effect us on Earth.

But that is my own logic & conclusion.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

I'm not sure I understand this? My reference was to Jewish born people, people that call themselves Jews and atheists.I don't agree that moral code is inherent. Man is not born with it. Many in the world have no moral code. Where is their inherent moral code?As far as survival of your offspring, what keeps you from killing anyone that treats your child poorly?What keeps you from killing another child that bullies, or hits your child? Only the threat of prison, by man's laws?
    Humans are social creatures, that live in societies, and like other social animals in herds, we have moral codes in terms of what is acceptable behavior, most animals/humans adhere to these moral codes, the exception in normal circumstances is certain individuals who seem to have no regard for these rules, among humans we call them psychopaths or sociopaths... In extraordinary circumstances, dis-solution of society, starvation and unrest, more people are prepared to do wrong.

Does Christianity bring about a different moral code? Possibly, but to be honest I think for instance Italy and Turkey has more in common morally/culturally than Italy and Sweden, and probably Viking Era Scandinavia has more moral connectiveness with today's Sweden than modern Italy and Sweden.A lawyer I know in Turkey was amazed when she found out that contracts didn't need to be notarized in Sweden to be admissible in a court at a later date. She started learning Swedish... It used to be that the word of a man was to be trusted, now with import of turd worlders it's changing...

Anyway I think morality is a genetic trait to a large extent, but you grow into it and depending on upbringing it can be enhanced or diminished!
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks

1. Can you tell me of anything in existance that wasn't created by something else?

Created is a term with many definitions. Yes I believe things are created... but not by a magic invisible being.

2. Have you ever seen a miracle, or had a brush with death?

No miracles... nothing like walking on water or water to wine type of things. I dont call people surviving an acciedent a miracle!... Brush with death... Yes many... So what? Prove that a god had anything to do with them.

Religious teachings can be extreme, but are they reality?
    Q. Why do you think you are 'required' to worship God?
    Q. Can you think of anyone that should be punished for eternity?

A. Because it is written that if you do not follow gods laws you will suffer eternal suffering and torment. By following gods laws you are tantamount worshiping his being.Praying on your knees is a sign of bowing down to their authority.

A. No not really.... you are asking a very vague question. I believe if we are to put people in jail for a crime. they should not be mistreated... and the punishment should be for a stated time... not eternity! Even when prisoners are given a life sentence... death ends that at some point!

There again, religious teachings can be extreme.
    Q. Do you believe anything is/can be infinate, eternal?

A. Dont know and dont really care. Probably not. Why cannot god be finite too?

Yes, you will return to the elements that you are made of...one little detail though, where does the energy/life-force go?

I think you have this part somewhat figured out. Religion is a construct by man. Religion is used, belief is not.

I only believe in things I can taste, touch, see, hear or smell! Faith is a very misguided concept. Why would anyone risk their core beliefs to people that they have never known or under what circumstances they wrote what they did. God nor any supernatural being has ever shown themselves to me in any manner! Even though I was at one time on a quest for such knowledge. Until that day I choose the path of rationality and not speculative imaginations about a deity.
    Agnostic is the way for me!
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Celtic Rogue For This Useful Post:

singular_me (17th November 2014)