• God does not exist

5 11.11%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: In your personal view, does God exist

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Question Re: In your personal view, does God exist

Quote Originally Posted by govcheetos View Post
    He exists for sure. I think more in a Jesus just left Chicago style though.

Still has all the omnipotent power, just isn't hung up on it like people make Him out to be.
    TRUE THAT !

Oh my God ! My Ebonic-y street talk slipped out !

I think God generally does not micro-manage.

When God becomes involved in people's lives, I think it is sometimes as described in Luke 1-27-38, which perhaps not coincidentally reads like some people's UFO encounters.

in that section of Luke, Mary is visited by Angels who tell her she will have a special baby.

I think the description of God as adopting a Human Form, has some truth.

As is shown in the movie 'Contact', Jodie Foster's angel takes on the appearance of her father.

Look what happened to Jesus, He came in a human form and they STILL beat him to death (Roman Soldiers doing the bidding of the Jewish priests ?)

Imagine what they would have done if Jesus had shown up as a pip-squeak gray alien looking thing, which used telepathy instead of speaking Aramaic out loud.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...h=Luke+1:27-38

" 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[a] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her."

I believe that Mary was visited by an Angel, and that Angel was effectively doing the work of 'God'.

But I am projecting when I say that. Who knows, maybe the whole biblical history is the result of one of the Angels going off on a Meth Bender.

My guess also is that the Angels often are humanoid in form. That would make contact with them less scary.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Re: In your personal view, does God exist

Quote Originally Posted by govcheetos View Post
    He exists for sure. I think more in a Jesus just left Chicago style though.

Still has all the omnipotent power, just isn't hung up on it like people make Him out to be.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fETEkrkTdHc
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

3. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

govcheetos (18th November 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gunDriller View Post
    "I subscribe to deism but unspecific" ... WOW ... what does that mean ?"
    One could for instance lump Chrisitianity with deism. I only meant the traditional deism which rejects a specific named God, but does not reject that there is "some" higher power. Thomas Jefferson for instance was a deist.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

God exists regardless of whether His creations want to acknowledge or accept His existence.

I've never met an "atheist" who does not hate God for some trauma or major "slight" in their earlier life. Spiritual development was retarded or degenerated, and denial of His existence is "punishment" in their minds & hearts.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rogue View Post
    Why would a supreme being have to create people and require them to worship him?
    Do you have kids? Do you want them to love you?

And be so punitive to punish people that dont... and punish them for eternity! WOW... such a prick! Is god insecure or have a megalomaniac mind set?
    Our very existence is dependent upon God. Matter itself is frozen energy, held together by the "mind" of Jesus Christ, as Paul inferred.

Those who do not want a relationship with God are honored in their mistaken choice, and receive "separation" from God in the next phase of existence. Exactly what that entails I do not know, but I believe the "eternal fire" was an illustration for less sophisticated minds that represented never ending destruction (non-existence, erasure from the Universe).

Why does anyone with such powers need this worship? Seems odd.
    Do you crave love from your children, or even your pets?

Also if god created EVERYTHING... where did he exist before he created everything? In another dimension?
    Simply, yes. "Another dimension" is the best that our minds can fathom at this point. More accurately, though, above our dimension.

Goldissima and others often mention the "holographic universe." I agree with some aspects of that theory, especially as put forth by Michael Talbot. The "holographic universe" is a projection from the Mind of God. The entirety of our reality. Trying to "figure out" where God "came from" is both foolish and irrelevant.

To me god is a fix for the basic insecurity that we animals with self awareness created to placate our fears about death and the unknown.
    The Luciferians have fought for millennia to lower God's finest creation, humans, to the level of animals. The organized attack on theism, especially Christianity, in the last two centuries has been led by the Luciferians (Judeo-Freemasons, "Illuminati," etc.).

I am content to live my life... die and return to the elements that I am made of to nourish future generations of life on our planet.
    We are not merely meat machines.

There are and have been many religions and views of what god is... Why now is this one the only true god?
    Of all the man-made gods throughout history, only One is still standing with any credibility.

Religion and the believe in a god is used to control the populous! Always has and always will!
    Religion is man-made, like so many gods. The Almighty, however, is not man-made, and has no need for what is commonly referred to as "religion." In that sense, you are right, religions are created as social control apparatus.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

when you see a hill a river bird can anyone here make the stuff that they see around them
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mick silver For This Useful Post:

govcheetos (18th November 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aeondaze View Post
    Beautifully put.

Its the simplicity of atheism which I find actually opens up the real beauty of the universe with all its conundrums and isolation, it has a sweet melancholy that few believers can appreciate.
    As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.

[“Das Wesen der Materie” (The Nature of Matter), speech at Florence, Italy, 1944 (from Archiv zur Geschichte der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Abt. Va, Rep. 11 Planck, Nr. 1797]

I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.

[The Observer, January 25th, 1931]

Max Planck

As I gained in age and experience, my interest shifted from the scientific toward the mystical. I found that any branch of science pursued to its peripheries ended in mystery. Man could neither explain the miracle of creation or the fact of his awareness, nor conceive the end of space and time. The miracles of science and technology become trivial in the face of the unknowable.

[Autobiography of Values]

Charles A. Lindbergh

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

Santa (18th November 2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Anyway I think morality is a genetic trait to a large extent, but you grow into it and depending on upbringing it can be enhanced or diminished!
    Christianity – Religion of the West

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/oliver1.html

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

I'm a Christian with a few Deist tendancies , or so I think.
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

I am a front porch baptish , on sunday I set in my swing knowing I cannot make the stuff I see around me
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mick silver For This Useful Post:

govcheetos (18th November 2014),Serpo (17th November 2014)