6 13.33%
  • God does not exist

5 11.11%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: In your personal view, does God exist

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

Re: In your personal view, does God exist

As a pantheist, to me praying implies invoking an external entity/spirit/god, so I do not pray but just am in interaction with the Whole as much as I can, doing the best I can, try to resolve conflicts with others without getting too upset and to improve the way I convey my thinking, genuinely help people, when I am getting paid always give a little extra as money is not everything.... and more importantly forgive myself and take responsibility for what it is at my own level in action and speak of the mufti-layers deceptions whenever possible . When really needed, I meditate calling up my higher-self.

sorry to read about your worries, Glass, but just know there is no such a thing as death, its a transition.... and it is a ride that will blow your mind as your pineal gland will take over and release the necessary DMT to allow this fabulous journey into the Greater Reality, Fear is what causes evil in our 3D.... and we are here to learn about it

edit
    the main purpose of water fluoridation is to calcify/neutralize the pineal gland, the center of consciousness in humans. To impede any psychic connection with Universe. It is pretty well documented on the net btw.

the poll so far... interesting.

God is the Christian God
    11.... 40.74%

God is of pantheist nature
    6... 22.22%

I subscribe to deism but unspecific
    5... 18.52%
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by singular_me View Post

the poll is closed, I see... interesting.
    Where do you get that? It is still open. Anyone that has not voted can. You an only vote for one choice.
    Last edited by JohnQPublic; 19th November 2014 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

mick silver (19th November 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

I no longer go to a church because the church is all around me
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    Where do you get that? It is still open. Anyone tat has not voted can. You an only vote for one choice.
    he probably vote already and just forgot
    Voltaire: "To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

yes I saw this after writing my post... just forgot to edit my line... keep it open as long as possible

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    Where do you get that? It is still open. Anyone tat has not voted can. You an only vote for one choice.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mick silver View Post
    I no longer go to a church because the church is all around me
    I could question that from a couple of perspectives:

1. From the perspective of the ancient Churches (Catholic, Orthodox), Churches do contain sacred space. So the Church is really not all around you.
    2. From the perspective of some protestant Churches, "The Church" is composed of its members. As the number of Christians dwindle, there are fewer around you.

But I still get what you are saying.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serpo For This Useful Post:

Buddha (19th November 2014),Celtic Rogue (19th November 2014),singular_me (19th November 2014)

Thanks

Below is a really good & quick read.... highly recommended!

GODS DEBRIS

http://nowscape.com/godsdebris.pdf
    "The first reaction to truth is hatred”-- Tertullian

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Titan View Post
    Absolutely.

I have had and still going through an enormous amount of supernatural happenings that cannot be dimissed as random occurences or blind luck.

Very,very specific.
    My recent experience agrees. A person can have faith, but until you experience things first hand, you really understand how real things can get. Very specific and very, very real.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

crimethink (20th November 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serpo View Post
    Spong claims to be a Christian, yet calls Jesus Christ a liar.

His beliefs:

Theism, as a way of defining God, is dead. So most theological God-talk is today meaningless. A new way to speak of God must be found.
    Since God can no longer be conceived in theistic terms, it becomes nonsensical to seek to understand Jesus as the incarnation of the theistic deity. So the Christology of the ages is bankrupt.
    The Biblical story of the perfect and finished creation from which human beings fell into sin is pre-Darwinian mythology and post-Darwinian nonsense.
    The virgin birth, understood as literal biology, makes Christ's divinity, as traditionally understood, impossible.
    The miracle stories of the New Testament can no longer be interpreted in a post-Newtonian world as supernatural events performed by an incarnate deity.
    The view of the cross as the sacrifice for the sins of the world is a barbarian idea based on primitive concepts of God and must be dismissed.
    Resurrection is an action of God. Jesus was raised into the meaning of God. It therefore cannot be a physical resuscitation occurring inside human history.
    The story of the Ascension assumed a three-tiered universe and is therefore not capable of being translated into the concepts of a post-Copernican space age.
    There is no external, objective, revealed standard written in scripture or on tablets of stone that will govern our ethical behavior for all time.
    Prayer cannot be a request made to a theistic deity to act in human history in a particular way.
    The hope for life after death must be separated forever from the behavior control mentality of reward and punishment. The Church must abandon, therefore, its reliance on guilt as a motivator of behavior.
    All human beings bear God's image and must be respected for what each person is. Therefore, no external description of one's being, whether based on race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation, can properly be used as the basis for either rejection or discrimination.

From his, "A New Christianity for a New World"

Christ had Spong in mind when He said this: "Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name....And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12