Thread: Pub with no beer

Thanks
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 1,985 Posts

Pub with no beer

I don't know if this is the right place to post this video by Slim Dusty but it's a song about beer I like. A friend of mine had some cassette tapes of this guy I heard many years ago but hadn't thought of him for a long time. I did a search on youtube and there he was.

We are all travelers through this world
    Birth till Death
    We travel between the Eternities. Robert Duval as Print Ritter "The Broken Trail"

I believe the DSCI christians know and speak the truth
    https://christogenea.org

The old coyote senses danger and sinks into the grass.
    He cannot be seen but he watches and waits. Author unknown

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tumbleweed For This Useful Post:

Glass (27th November 2014),Libertytree (27th November 2014)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Re: Pub with no beer

ah yes good ol Slim Dusty. Now there's a dinkum bloke. He was the King of Australian Country music for decades.

All other distopias fade into insignificance. No tragedy can be greater than a pub with no beer.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Glass For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (24th November 2014)

Unobtanium
    Thanks

just watched it again for kicks and a couple other favorites. Its a bit of Australiana.

Living in the country, the Outback is not easy. That looked like northern New South Wales or South Eastern Queensland maybe or it could be anywhere in South Australia or mid North West Aust. It takes people who are mostly bigger and tougher than me to live out there. I've done some time outback but I got to admit it's too tough for me. I could visit but I don't want to live there. I could if I had to. Maybe Karratha if it wasn't so $$$. Kalbari. I don't actually know a lot of nice places from memory that are north. Moore River. Past that it goes down hill. Coral Bay and around there is the exception. I could live a couple places there. Real isolated. White beaches for miles, aqua lagoons. foot plus lobsters, snapper, crabs.

Anyway you can see from that vid that they are tough people and that living out there is tough on people. Its not the only place like that I know. Most countries got their own. Got to remember they get the hard stuff done.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,161 Posts

A pub with no beer sounds like a great place to start one!
    "Truth is treason in the empire of lies"...Ron Paul
    "A government is a bunch of people, usually, notably ungoverned"...
    Shepherd Book, Firefly

Unobtanium
    Thanks

I went to a pub for lunch today. It had plenty of beer. Many types, great steak sandwhiches, pizzas. Was a craft brewery as well. I could identify much of the equipment you could see behind the big windows. Not sure they are actually brewing on premises but it doesn't matter. Good times. So now if you will excuse me..... ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Liberty Tree.