Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin bottomed?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: Bitcoin bottomed?

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    What would the Winklevoss fags do if their bitcoin boat is taking on water?

Why, keep rowing!

http://www.article-3.com/wp-content/...inklevoss.jpeg

PS: there's no such thing as "support" when there's no company, assets, fundamentals, or intrinsic value.
    Whats wrong with gay incest?

Electrum
    Thanks

PS: there's no such thing as "support" when there's no company, assets, fundamentals, or intrinsic value.
    It puzzled me for a long time to see analysts draw their lines on stock charts and refer to support and resistance. That is, until I analyzed my own behavior and realize that I place limit orders based on how high and low they've been recently. I guess enough people do the same that it has the effect of making support and resistance lines work.

Bitcoin is a lot different, but many of the people trading them probably also trade stocks, so the same dynamic would be at play.

Great Value Carrots 1970 silver art's Avatar
    Thanks

What would the Winklevoss fags do if their bitcoin boat is taking on water?

Why, keep rowing!

http://www.article-3.com/wp-content/...inklevoss.jpeg

Pretty much the same for gold and silver in terms of there are support levels and there are resistance levels in this "rigged market". The gold and silver "boat" is taking on water too and has been doing so for over 3 years now but we keep rowing.

EDIT: I wanted to be clear here in that I am not against gold and silver since I have bitcoin and '70's silver art bars.
    Last edited by 1970 silver art; 4th January 2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added words; added comments
    DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

Pepperoni Pizza + Orange Juice + Netflix + Silver art bars = My life.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1970 silver art View Post
    Pretty much the same for gold and silver. There are support levels and there are resistance levels. The gold and silver boat is taking on water too.
    Gold and silver are subject to heavy manipulation. Do you think the same thing is happening with bitcoin?

Do you think you can rely on support and resistance levels when something is so manipulated?
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EE_ For This Useful Post:

mick silver (6th January 2015)

Thanks

Gold and silver are subject to heavy manipulation. Do you think the same thing is happening with bitcoin?

Do you think you can rely on support and resistance levels when something is so manipulated?
    Honestly, I do not know. It would not completely surprise me if there was manipulation with Bitcoin and it is very hard to know what are the support levels and resistance levels are with bitcoin. I just watch the Bitcoin prices everyday. My approach on Bitcoin is that IMO a speculative investment and I treat it as a speculative investment in that I reach a certain buying level where I am comfortable losing it all, if the worst case scenario happens (going to zero). I do not think that will happen and will go way up at this point and I am "making a bet" by buying bitcoin. I reached my max. buying point yesterday and I do not plan to buy any more BTC and will just watch to see what happens.
    Last edited by 1970 silver art; 4th January 2015 at 04:52 PM. Reason: added comments
    DISCLAIMER: My gut feeling on silver is just that................My gut feeling. I have absolutely nothing to back up any gut feeling that I might have on silver.

DISCLAIMER2: I am not really a '70's silver art bar expert but I try my best to play one on the Internet.

ATTENTION!!! I stood up to the TP king by making a 3-roll tp bet with him and guess what?............I won.

Thanks

Bitcoin recovered some to the $275 level. Currently at $275.20 (Bitstamp quote) as a type this. It may not mean anything or it might mean a lot depending on your point of view. In other words, it could be a dead cat bounce that might lead to a "'lower low" or it could be the beginning of a rally from the new low of $255. I do not know. Anything is possible. We will have to see in the next few days and weeks from now to get the answer.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Dayam Josie I miss reading your analyses. You have a style all your own, no doubt.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

9. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

1970 silver art (6th January 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Dayam Josie I miss reading your analyses. You have a style all your own, no doubt.
    I have to be honest with you in that I am not a TA expert by any stretch of the imagination. I just watch the bitcoin $ piece on a daily basis and remember certain times where bitcoin hits a certain mark and times where resistance points and support levels get formed. Based on my own observations, $275 was the support level that got taken out and, hopefully, the new "support level" of $255.00 holds and bitcoin rallies from that point. At the moment, Bitcoin is ~$30 above the $255.00 "support" at $285.03 (Coinbase quote). We will see what happens in the near future.

Thanks

Bitcoin just broke the $255 low. The new low (for now) is at $250.45 (Coindesk.com quote). Currently at $253.76.

Electrum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1970 silver art View Post
    Bitcoin just broke the $255 low. The new low (for now) is at $250.45 (Coindesk.com quote). Currently at $253.76.
    Very alarming.

I would be happy if it just found a level and stayed there. That would make it easier to work with when using it as an actual currency.