Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ego Death

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Re: Ego Death

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Religion is more than just a concept, it is practiced as a vice.

Any one religion will dictate repetitive prescribed motions to be tasked to achieve a determined end. Failure to do so, isn't following properly.

Just like rolling a joint and lighting it, if you don't hold deeply the smoke for any number of seconds all is lost.

Users gravitate towards the repetitive motions (in times of need) just as much (if not more than) the perceived end.
    Yes, ritual seems to be a reoccurring characteristic of religion. It is very comfortable and people take much solace in their rituals. It adds a security to their life, a refuge of sorts. Conversely, this very ritual can keep them from spiritual growth. It seems to me anyway. Isn't it from departing from our old familiar ways and reality that we arrive at the most genuine understandings? It is good to come back to an old and comfortable home after journeying in the wilderness, but without the wilderness, can we ever really appreciate the comforts of home?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Getting towards the gist of it now, me thinks.

Whenever the cycle ritual or turning away is responded to in an ego fashion is where dogmas bark.

Those places most often aren't know until you tread them.

No more than a religious disco boy.
    Donald J. Trump IS our very first Black U.S. President

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Any news on Hitch's experiments into psilocybin?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

in my view genuine spiritual beliefs do not call for the enslavement of the species, the killing those having different views nor conquests for domination of any kinds.

maybe that is the real meaning of judgement day: collective the death of the ego.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Never tried DMT or Aya, but I bought a Salvia Divinorum seedling and grew it to about 3ft. Smoked the entire plant and it never let me enter. Nothing. Even in my garden at night under a full moon. Nothing. It just wouldn't let me in.

I gave my nephew a few leaves. He took two hits at his home, stood up, fell onto the coffee table and underwent the most intense crazy tripped out experience he'd ever had. It scared the crap out of him.
    http://i.imgur.com/iUDM4vP.png
    Don't tell yur parents Timmy!

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

JDRock (26th February 2018),woodman (25th February 2018)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,820 Times in 2,262 Posts

Sometimes I get the feeling that I am no one at all. Any of you ever feel a loss of identity? At face, you would think that it is a bad thing or that somebody who feels this is on the way to the nut house. Well, this whole society is a nut house so I don't feel too alarmed at being socially deviant in such a manner. I will say this: When I do feel this lack of self, I feel more grounded and centered and at peace than ever before. I wish I could attain a deeper and lasting emergence into whatever this experience is leading to. This seems to be a very slow process with lots of backsliding into old grooves. My ticker is pretty bad and I don't know how much time I have left but I sure would love to come to a deeper, more connected level of experience.

I think society and all our institutions are set up to blind us to some essential truths and keep us disconnected from each other and our true selves. We truly are in the matrix. The matrix has us!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to woodman For This Useful Post:

singular_me (25th February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

yes, thats the trick... letting go the ego and emotional rewards are amazing... hold on to the ego/materialism and lose everything .. this is really how dualism works at a spiritual level

we have no other choice than thriving for utopia, even though perfection doesnt exist. Because the other choice is thriving for oblivion caused by the lesser evil dichotomy

Good to read that you have such realizations. Life is a training to reunite with the One.
    =============

here is another example as why the ego will always end up taking down anything , posted by bbilgin (41) · 5 hours ago
    https://steemit.com/memories/@flysky...imatechallenge

Even though I wouldn't do it myself, I don't blame the people who abuse the reward pool.

If you distribute $65M in a year for posting, commenting, and upvoting on a website like Steemit, what do you expect?

Do you think everybody's going to come here and upvote only content that's worth it? There'll be people who are going to take advantage of it.

Good luck trying to flag all of these abuse posts. It's a pathetic whack-a-mole game. As soon as you flag one, ten others will pop-up. No way around this in the current system.

This system is designed to fail. I really have a difficult time what people investing in Steem are thinking. Do they think that investing in a platform that blows off 6.5% of their investment on a content like this in a year is ever going to make money?
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,897 Times in 921 Posts

Hathas posts are most welcome here.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

Hatha was an excellent poster. One day he just quit posting.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

JDRock (22nd December 2019),woodman (25th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Sometimes I get the feeling that I am no one at all. Any of you ever feel a loss of identity? At face, you would think that it is a bad thing or that somebody who feels this is on the way to the nut house. Well, this whole society is a nut house so I don't feel too alarmed at being socially deviant in such a manner. I will say this: When I do feel this lack of self, I feel more grounded and centered and at peace than ever before. I wish I could attain a deeper and lasting emergence into whatever this experience is leading to. This seems to be a very slow process with lots of backsliding into old grooves. My ticker is pretty bad and I don't know how much time I have left but I sure would love to come to a deeper, more connected level of experience.

I think society and all our institutions are set up to blind us to some essential truths and keep us disconnected from each other and our true selves. We truly are in the matrix. The matrix has us!
    https://i.4pcdn.org/pol/1474183175640.jpg

Imagine being this guy and seeing what (((Time Magazine))) says about you Woodman.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

End Times (25th November 2018)