Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook asking for Positive ID?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,454 Times in 4,275 Posts

Facebook asking for Positive ID?

Not sure if it's just me. Just got back and the page says logged out so I log in. It says it needs ID to prove it is me by scanning and uploading ID such as dr license, passport, cr card, etc etc. I uploaded a random pic and its saying:

Thanks For Your Help
    We’ll take a look at the documents you submitted and get back to you. If we need more help confirming your name, we’ll reach out for additional documentation.

I don't use my real name for obvious purposes but everyone on my lists know who I am.

Anyone heard about this crap? Without FB I would have to locate my address book I lost while moving 3 years ago lol.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks

Re: Facebook asking for Positive ID?

Yep, they want to have real people online. No more fake names.
    Profound thought by Ares: "Everyone from ordinary people, to cities, counties, states, and even the Federal Government a are debt slaves to bankers..."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    Not sure if it's just me. Just got back and the page says logged out so I log in. It says it needs ID to prove it is me by scanning and uploading ID such as dr license, passport, cr card, etc etc. I uploaded a random pic and its saying:

Thanks For Your Help
    We’ll take a look at the documents you submitted and get back to you. If we need more help confirming your name, we’ll reach out for additional documentation.

I don't use my real name for obvious purposes but everyone on my lists know who I am.

Anyone heard about this crap? Without FB I would have to locate my address book I lost while moving 3 years ago lol.
    Their data mining software probably figured out your name was not real, and thus this. It probably knows who you are already, but it won't let you on until you confirm it.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Their data mining software probably figured out your name was not real, and thus this. It probably knows who you are already, but it won't let you on until you confirm it.
    Well that's really fukt since my webpage company link is under that name.

Thanks

Hmm... it's real:

Facebook asking locked out users to provide Government ID

By Martin Brinkmann on October 29, 2013 in Facebook - Last Update: October 29, 2013 150

If you have opened Twitter today you may have noticed an increase in messages reporting that the social media site Facebook was asking them to provide a Government ID to unlock their account on the site.

The message that users received during log in to their Facebook account states the following: "For security reasons your account is temporarily locked. If this account reflects your real name and personal information, please help us verify it".

The user who has been temporarily locked out of the account is then asked to provide a government ID for verification.
    Facebook itself has not published a public comment yet and it is unclear if the company will address the issue at all.
    Facebook Government ID

http://cdn.ghacks.net/wp-content/upl...ernment-id.png
    Facebook's Help page provides further information about the practice:
    If you can't verify your account using your mobile number, you'll need to provide a copy of your photo ID. This could be a scanned copy or a close-up photo you've taken.
    http://cdn.ghacks.net/wp-content/upl...a-photo-id.pngFacebook government ID
    Upload a photo ID
    How to upload your ID

• Optional: Cover up any confidential information (ex: license or passport number)
    • Scan or take a picture of your ID with your digital camera
    • Make sure you can clearly see your name, birthday and photo
    • Save the photo to your desktop
    • Click the button below and follow the instructions to upload your ID

This is my government issued ID. I understand I won't get help with my account if I haven't uploaded a valid ID.

The very same page lists the types of IDs that Facebook accepts:

• Birth certificate
    • Driver's license
    • Passport
    • Marriage certificate
    • Official Name change paperwork
    • Personal or vehicle insurance card
    • Non-driver's government ID
    • Green card, residence permit or immigration papers
    • Social Security Card
    • Voter ID Card

In addition, Facebook will also accept any of the two following items that must show the name and date of birth of the locked out Facebook user.

• Bank statement
    • Bus card
    • Check
    • Credit Card
    • Employment verification
    • Library card
    • Mail
    • Magazine subscription stub
    • Medical record
    • Membership IDs
    • Paycheck stub
    • Permit
    • School card
    • School record
    • Utility bill
    • Yearbook photo

The company notes that data that has been uploaded to Facebook as part of the verification process will be deleted after the verification.

The mass lock-out of users is not the first on Facebook. The most recent lock-out that requested users to provide Facebook with IDs to unlock the account again happened in January of this year. The company back then stated that it may ask users for photo IDs depending on the violation that occurred.

Common violations where this may be the case are accounts where either the name or birth date do not match or exist at all (for instance if a nickname is being used), and maybe also at times to verify account ownership after a hacking attempt.

The only two options that locked out Facebook users have is to either comply with the request and transfer a picture of a photo ID to Facebook, or stop using the site altogether.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

I tried to create a John Q Public account. It would not even let me past first base.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

Cebu_4_2 (15th April 2015),Publico (15th April 2015)

Thanks

Dancing with the Devil

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to govcheetos For This Useful Post:

mick silver (16th April 2015),midnight rambler (15th April 2015),Publico (15th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,713 Posts

The company notes that data that has been uploaded to Facebook as part of the verification process will be deleted after the verification.

The biggest data mining company on planet earth is just going to toss away a kabillion ids after checking them.
    Honor The Most High, Keep His Commandments and all will go well with you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Twisted Titan For This Useful Post:

cheka. (15th April 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cebu_4_2 View Post
    Well that's really fukt since my webpage company link is under that name.
    I just made mine a shell account. I don't have any real life pictures other than child pictures that don't matter. I don't talk politics or anything anymore, just keep it to boring family stuff. Most of my family is on Facebook so it is very useful for that.

Don't have any Likes that are politically motivated. Nothing with guns either.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Camp Bassfish (16th April 2015)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

I for one don't belong to none of those of the wall sounding names, this is the only place where I post anything.......and sometimes is to much.

V
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce