Page 121 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1317

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
    Huh? Wait. What? Do you think any Christian believes in a flat earth for real?

What are you smoking/drinking/selling?
    The bible is the whole truth, because god wrote it. And if god says so it is so.

Say the men who believe.

Electrum
    Thanks

So you're saying the Bible says the earth is flat? Do know where? Which book and verse?

You have to be careful what you hear people say about the Bible. There's an awful lot of both ignorance and hate against it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KenJackson For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (7th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

So you're saying the Bible says the earth is flat? Do know where? Which book and verse?

You have to be careful what you hear people say about the Bible. There's an awful lot of both ignorance and hate against it.
    I believe knowing is more important than believing.

Can't you see the big tongue in my cheek?

Electrum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjon View Post
    Can't you see the big tongue in my cheek?
    Sorry. Tongue-in-cheek and sarcasm don't convey well in text.

And sadly, I've encountered people that apparently really believe that the Bible says that.

Platinum
    Thanks

I will get back to you guys by this weekend, thank you for the replies.
    Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. <br />And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.<br />Mark 16-17

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Welcome to the dark side dys. It's good to see you around. Hope all is going well for you.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dys View Post
    If I had to guess for my life, I'd guess flat earth.
    The Earth was flat until the Persians introduced the concept of 'zero', a symbol that has been introduced to encompass the concept of nothing. By this act all of western society crumbled and is the basis for all present military actions in the middle east.

If you have a zero in the denominator you end up with what is called a pole. The function explodes to infinity. So without a zero symbol or concept there was also no concept of infinity. Prior to the invention of zero the earth could be considered flat. The introduction of zero caused the flat plane to wrap around and become spherical.

In the s-plane (imaginary vertical axis, real horizontal axis) events on the unit circle are stable. They stay there forever. Events closer to the origin will decay to that origin over time in an exponential fashion. Events outside the unit circle will propagate to infinity ... again ... exponentially. Analyzing systems using these concepts was not possible until zero is available as a symbol. A spherical analogy to the unit circle follows logically.

Using a system of Arabic numbers doesn't make you Arabic. Using zero doesn't make you Persian. Using both might just make you confused.

Using gold and silver to form contracts leads to a flat earth. Using fiat money leads to a spherical earth. You get to decide which system works for you.

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a few which clearly state the earth is NOT a "spinning ball"

1) The phrase UNDER THE SUN appears 27 times in the book of Ecclesiastes
    Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
    If the earth is UNDER the Sun it's NOT 93,000,000 miles AWAY from the earth with the earth spinning around it. NO WAY!!

2) Deuteronomy 13:7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

the earth has ENDS, Balls (spinning) do NOT have ENDS!!

3) Genesis 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
    Numbers 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
    the earth has a FACE, Balls do not have a FACE!!!

4) The earth is NOT moving (spinning) or shuffling through some star wars "universe" (ala hellywood/NASA fakery) it is sitting STILL

Zechariah 1:11 And they answered the angel of the LORD that stood among the myrtle trees, and said, We have walked to and fro through the earth, and, behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.

5)
    heaven is ABOVE the earth, thus you have a clear description that heaven is ABOVE and earth is BENEATH, not a spinning ball hurling through "space"

Deuteronomy 4:39 Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else.
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

10. The Following User Says Thank You to StreetsOfGold For This Useful Post:

mamboni (5th April 2019)

Platinum
    Thanks

I don't have the time to do this right now, but the most convincing arguments for me are Scriptures related to the immovability for the Earth.
    1 Chronicles 16:30: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable." Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ..." Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ..."
    Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. <br />And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.<br />Mark 16-17

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dys For This Useful Post:

mamboni (6th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dys View Post
    I don't have the time to do this right now, but the most convincing arguments for me are Scriptures related to the immovability for the Earth.
    1 Chronicles 16:30: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable." Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ..." Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ..."
    That is more geocentrism than flatearthism, which got Galileo in trouble with the church 500 years ago, when he had the misfortune of studying the universe through a telescope...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (8th April 2019),woodman (9th April 2019)