Page 1 of 132 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

I've been seeing this stupid Flat Earth conspiracy theory all over the Internet and more people seem to be buying into this bullshit. It's really good at discrediting the entire Truther movement. Most of the Flat Earthers seem to be Christians too.

I think it's a bunch of group think idiocy and there's so many holes in the argument it's not funny.

Everyone's favorite anarchist...

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

I've heard it too, as a matter of fact, a couple weeks ago on coast to coast there was a guest who discussed this theory. I enjoy entertaining the notions of stuff that is wayyy out there.

www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2015/05/21

In the latter half, professional game tester and proprietary software trainer Mark K. Sargent discussed his breakthrough work on the Enclosed Earth Theory. He outlined clues that point to the idea that Earth is actually a "Truman Show"-type contained system stretching thousands of miles wide, and 400 miles high. His interest in this theory developed out of studying "flat earth" conspiracies, which seemed absurd at first. One source, who said he used to work for NASA, claimed that the space agency knows that Earth isn't really shaped like a globe, Sargent reported.

Sargent's Enclosed World model differs from 'flat earth' theories in that he envisions a gigantic, but specific enclosure that stretches high enough to include weather systems. The moon and sun are not what we think they are-- they're actually much smaller spheres, like huge light bulbs, that are much closer to us than the distances NASA has suggested, according to the theory. Space missions such as to the moon and Mars could be faked, he added. Sargent also shared data from Admiral Byrd's expeditions to Antarctica-- he did numerous missions there over a 30-year period, and there's possible evidence to suggest he found something that correlates with or reveals the 'Enclosed World' secret.
    Here's his website: http://enclosedworld.com/
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

yeah we put a lot of work into it here as well. Mostly under Concave earth. Are things in the sky really really small or far far away?

I thought it was good for a laugh. There is a YT guy calls himself Christ or something. Can't recall. He has visions that there is a glass ceiling, and there is a pyramid in the sun (?) that beams energy to us. Something like that.

Would be interesting if it were concave, then we could all wonder about the universe we can't see because it is on the outside and ours is on the inside in the middle. It would mean that we probably couldn't dig a hole to china.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,633 Times in 3,208 Posts

If you can show me a direct flight from South Africa to Australia that really is nonstop, then I will reevaluate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNVgzk3tbl0
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

5. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (17th April 2019)

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

The FLAT earth is a FLAT FACT

Would not surprise me if some of you believe the evolutionist...big bang slung out the SPINNING ball earth, solar systems and galaxy system CRAP!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to StreetsOfGold For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (22nd June 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,633 Times in 3,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold View Post

Would not surprise me if some of you believe the evolutionist...big bang slung out the SPINNING ball earth, solar systems and galaxy system CRAP!!
    I am still trying to understand how the "Electric Universe" model would work in a Flat Earth system.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    yeah we put a lot of work into it here as well. Mostly under Concave earth. Are things in the sky really really small or far far away?

I thought it was good for a laugh. There is a YT guy calls himself Christ or something. Can't recall. He has visions that there is a glass ceiling, and there is a pyramid in the sun (?) that beams energy to us. Something like that.

Would be interesting if it were concave, then we could all wonder about the universe we can't see because it is on the outside and ours is on the inside in the middle. It would mean that we probably couldn't dig a hole to china.
    You are probably talking about one of the gubbermint SHILLS who calls himself Lord Steven Christ.

Not only is he a professional MIS-info agent, he is an anti Christ as well

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

You are probably talking about one of the gubbermint SHILLS who calls himself Lord Steven Christ.

Not only is he a professional MIS-info agent, he is an anti Christ as well
    yes and delusional, but if he is some kind of agent it would make more sense, his apparent belief in what he says. He is way way out there though compared to others who discuss the subject.

Don't know any direct flights except maybe to the US from Sydney. Every where else is via Asia or the ME. Like I said, good for a laugh.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

I don't believe in the Big Bang Theory. I think that's been disproven, but the scientific community is clinging onto it since they are afraid to admit they don't know.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

I wouldn't have heard of this flat earth inquiry trend if not for my routinely browsing Mami's where, if you page back though their recent posts, you'll see a near daily flat earth blog entry. I gather mami's mod "delcroix" is a believer, as he seems to post most of the pro flat earth entries. delcroix also proclaims that nuclear bombs/energy is a big hoax, and I can't recall if he also proclaims that satellites are a hoax, but that is part of the same "everything's fake" crowd's campaigns.

As one whose first guess is that the Apollo moon landings were faked, and considering how for decades "flat-earthers" has been a systematically engineered meme to ridicule & dismiss those presenting alternative views, similar to the "conspiracy theorists" meme; lets just say I "allow for the possibility" that the flat earth speculation may be... My first impression upon seeing that there's a "flat earther" trend being posted at otherwise truthy internet watering holes, was "uh oh, sunstein cognitive infiltration meant to discredit everyone of our mindset/message!" and that remains my first guess.

Sofia Smallstorm and "3 friends" evaluate , haven't listened,

It appears that many are secretly looking into the possibility that we might not actually be on a blue globe doing a yearly orbit in a solar system in the universe. Even speculating that "the earth is flat" is enough to get you labeled absolutely loony, but believe it or not, 2015 is showing itself to be the year of this inquiry! I gather three friends here, two of whom are 99% and 100% convinced that the Globe Theory of the Earth is Wrong, to exchange information and explain what can and cannot be. We all have eyes and we have all lived here for a while now, so why don't you listen and go to some of the links to decide for yourself -- or at least so you can say you've taken a gander at this ridiculous theory!

Listen here

Links:
    UN flag and emblem
    Flat Horizon YouTube video
    The Sun and Seasons YouTube video
    Flight Paths Across North Pole Only YouTube video
    Ball Earth Skeptic YouTube channel
    Ball Earth Skeptic FaceBook
    Allegedly Dave Blog Flat Earth
    Donald Simanek Early Ideas and Flat Earth Thinking
    Felix Baumgartner space jump image and article
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (17th April 2019)