Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Why is Kurt Russel in that pic?
    NASA was FOUNDED by scientists?!?!??
    NO!
    HOLLYWOOD PRODUCERS!
    Those who specialize in turning "magic" into "reality in YOUR MIND" (only)
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Why is Kurt Russel in that pic?
    The Thing (also known as John Carpenter's The Thing) is a 1982 American science-fiction horror film directed by John Carpenter, written by Bill Lancaster, and starring Kurt Russell. The film's title refers to its primary antagonist: a parasitic extraterrestrial lifeform that assimilates other organisms and in turn imitates them. The Thing infiltrates an Antarctic research station, taking the appearance of the researchers that it absorbs, and paranoia develops within the group.

The film is based on John W. Campbell, Jr.'s novella Who Goes There?, which was more loosely adapted by Howard Hawks and Christian Nyby as the 1951 film The Thing from Another World.[3] Carpenter considers The Thing to be the first part of his Apocalypse Trilogy,[4] followed by Prince of Darkness and In the Mouth of Madness. Although the films are narratively unrelated, each features a potentially apocalyptic scenario; should "The Thing" ever reach civilization, it would be only a matter of time before it consumes all life on Earth. Carpenter acknowledged that the work of H.P. Lovecraft also inspired the film.[5][6]

On June 25, 1982, The Thing opened in 840 theaters, and it was the #8 movie of the week at the box office. It remained in the top 10 for three weeks.[7] The lower-than-expected performance has been attributed to many factors, the main ones being the runaway success of Steven Spielberg's E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, which was also released by Universal Studios two weeks earlier and featured a more optimistic view of alien visitation,[8][9] and that another major adult-oriented science fiction film, Ridley Scott's Blade Runner, was released by Warner Brothers the same day.[10] However, The Thing went on to gain a cult following.[11] The film was eventually reappraised by critics, and is now considered to be one of the greatest horror films ever made.[12][13] The film subsequently spawned a novelization in 1982; a comic book miniseries adaptation, entitled The Thing from Another World, published by Dark Horse Comics in 1991; a video game sequel, also titled The Thing, in 2002; and a prequel film with the same title on October 14, 2011.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

crimethink (30th August 2017),midnight rambler (30th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

There is some truth there, though. Mamboni took a fucking leap to come out as F.E. I didn't until he did. I knew what the reaction would be.
    The unwavering faith in .gov of both Book and yourself is shameful and embarrassing. You guys really went over the line in the chastising. Doc didn't deserve that.

Once again. Why would anyone trust anything from .gov?
    Ah, so the truth of the matter is this:

Government is evil and government always lies, so, because the government says the Earth is round, the Earth must be flat.

False logic, of course, but essentially the kernel of the matter.

Book's graphic about the eclipse is the false logic taken to the extreme (NASA "didn't want you to know 'the truth,' which is why they told you to not look at the eclipse with a naked eye").

I trust my eyes and my sense. I don't rely on government or "experts" to tell me what the facts are. A spherical Earth is self-evident, as has been explained how many times in this thread? You can watch ships fall below the horizon as they sail way from you. You can watch orbital objects float over you and then disappear under the horizon. You can project which satellite will go where and when it will appear again as it comes around the giant ball.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StreetsOfGold View Post
    NASA was FOUNDED by scientists?!?!??
    NO!
    HOLLYWOOD PRODUCERS!
    Those who specialize in turning "magic" into "reality in YOUR MIND" (only)
    NASA was founded by bureaucrats, who employed Jewish Holowood producers (like Stanley Kubrick).
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks
    Thanked 8,335 Times in 5,109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post

Government is evil and government always lies, so, because the government says the Earth is round, the Earth must be flat.

Book's graphic about the eclipse is the false logic taken to the extreme (NASA "didn't want you to know 'the truth,' which is why they told you to not look at the eclipse with a naked eye").

I trust my eyes and my sense. I don't rely on government or "experts" to tell me what the facts are. A spherical Earth is self-evident, as has been explained how many times in this thread? You can watch ships fall below the horizon as they sail way from you. You can watch orbital objects float over you and then disappear under the horizon. You can project which satellite will go where and when it will appear again as it comes around the giant ball.
    And you can watch the stars in Chile at 34º S. Latitude appear to rotate around the south pole the same way the Big Dipper apears to rotate around the north pole in Nevada at 34º N. Latitude. I have seen that.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

crimethink (30th August 2017),Jewboo (31st August 2017),midnight rambler (30th August 2017),osoab (30th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

It's because I can't prove that it's not.

Then you look at .gov photos and realize they are all faked, photoshopped, or an "interpretation". None of what .gov shows us is on the up and up. So why believe their calcs? Why, after all we know of .gov fuckery, would we trust anything from them?

Maybe I have entered one of them loops of confirmation bias. Heck if I know.

However...

It's assholes like you that keep the good men down.

There is some truth there, though. Mamboni took a fucking leap to come out as F.E. I didn't until he did. I knew what the reaction would be.
    The unwavering faith in .gov of both Book and yourself is shameful and embarrassing. You guys really went over the line in the chastising. Doc didn't deserve that.

Once again. Why would anyone trust anything from .gov?
    Please take a panoramic picture of the southern cross and the north star Polaris. Should be no problem if the Earth is flat. Then post it.

Where I am in southern Minnesota I can't see the southern cross, but hey you guys will believe anything.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigjon For This Useful Post:

crimethink (30th August 2017),midnight rambler (30th August 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjon View Post
    Please take a panoramic picture of the southern cross and the north star Polaris. Should be no problem if the Earth is flat. Then post it.

Where I am in southern Minnesota I can't see the southern cross, but hey you guys will believe anything.
    It's perspective. You are unable to see that far away. The Southern Cross is beyond your vanishing point even when aided.

Remember F.E. theory also says Earth is the same size, everything else is smaller and closer. It's a 25,000 miles diameter disk not an oblate spheroid with a fat diameter of 25,000 miles.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

The cross maybe as you say, tho I doubt it, I have seen it along with the Magellanic clouds (huge compared to everything else) which stand out like a pimple large and small, in the night sky. Flat can see them south to north, but does not explain the seasonal rotation of the sky, Orion winter/ the milky way summer. Reverse the seasons depending which hemisphere you live in, or better said on.

"My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post

Don't be willfully obtuse.

About sungazing. Yes it is a real thing. It is something you must gradually adjust yourself to the stress/power. Do some research.

About the eclipse...

Here's a breakdown of NASA's eclipse photos from the guy that videoed the Lunar Wave.

He's not F.E. He just says NASA is full of shit in every sense of the word.

Is his breakdown baloney?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UurQ2aleXAQ

Here's is his Pluto breakdown. He discusses it in the above video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfIe_KsLpS0
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

kudos moose man, did not think u had it in you...

Carry on !

"My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."