Page 110 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1317

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    The F.E. model has the "stars" much closer.
    How much closer, that is the question?

When you get closer anybody can use basic trig to find out the distance to objects like the moon or the sun and the planets.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjon View Post
    How much closer, that is the question?

When you get closer anybody can use basic trig to find out the distance to objects like the moon or the sun and the planets.
    I don't think the Mayans were using calculus.

Let me dig around on numbers. Might be a day or two.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

So simple - open your mind. To clarify the key point: on a globe earth, when the observer rises the horizon must stay at a constant height relative to the observer, because the observer is always looking at the crest of the curve of the sphere, it's highest point relative to the observer. Capeche?

Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Witnessed it in Boise on the 21st with my own eyes Mamboni. How do you explain what I saw?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    So simple - open your mind. To clarify the key point: on a globe earth, when the observer rises the horizon must stay at a constant height relative to the observer, because the observer is always looking at the crest of the curve of the sphere, it's highest point relative to the observer. Capeche?

heh, I was starting to worry about the Mambo... http://gold-silver.us/forum/search.php?searchid=3118338 his first post (above) since 6/29, > 2 months!
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks

Witnessed it in Boise on the 21st with my own eyes Mamboni. How do you explain what I saw?

I can't. Nobody can. All we can do is conjecture, if we are honest with ourselves vis-a-vis our limited knowledge.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    heh, I was starting to worry about the Mambo... http://gold-silver.us/forum/search.php?searchid=3118338 his first post (above) since 6/29, > 2 months!
    You know Pat, I always [like] you <in my best Tony Montana>.

Since you ask, I am the best I have been my entire life, cross my heart. At around, 2:30 PM, after devouring several chapters of Dr. Wallach et al's fine tome "Epigenetics" whilst in small park enjoying the sun and air [nary a chemtrail was seen], I drove home for a short sojourn with my two well-domesticated cats. Within 15 minutes of lying down, the thought materialized in my mind that I needed to purchase three pairs of jeans. I drove down to Old Navy for their Labor Day Sale in 13 minutes, walked to the clearance rack right there in front of me as I entered the store whereupon three pairs of jeans in my size were in the first five pairs of jeans hanging. I dutify took these three and myself to the changing booth and tried them on: each one an "oh so rare" perfect fit. I returned to my trousers, and walked to the counter and paid $45 for three excellent finely made Old Navy jeans. That's all true and emblematic of how my life has been going of late, Lord be praised.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

PatColo (4th September 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    I can't. Nobody can. All we can do is conjecture, if we are honest with ourselves vis-a-vis our limited knowledge.

Can we continue to honestly disagree then?

Thanks

Can we continue to honestly disagree then?

Sounds like a partial surrender. No, there is no compromise with factual knowledge. The earth is, by thousands of measurements done by thousands of investigators over hundreds of years MEASURABLY flat. Can your pigheaded mind understand that the empirical databank of objective scientific measurements proves that the earth is flat. It has been proved to me, a trained scientist, to my objective satisfaction, one thousand times over. I don't believe it. I know it. It is flat.