Page 111 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1317

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    Witnessed it in Boise on the 21st with my own eyes Mamboni. How do you explain what I saw?
    this vlogger Richie from Bawston is an FEer; and he's got some wild suspicions re what the eclipse REALLY was... just skim back through the titles; I didn't watch any of them, coz FE vs BE makes me ZZZZZ.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/27TUBGUY/videos

example:
    6:16
    Solar Eclipse was Simply a Test:TURNING OFF THE SUN.

• 1 week ago

4:20
    Solar Simulator and an Eclipse

• 1 week ago
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Sounds like a partial surrender. No, there is no compromise with factual knowledge. The earth is, by thousands of measurements done by thousands of investigators over hundreds of years MEASURABLY flat. Can your pigheaded mind understand that the empirical databank of objective scientific measurements proves that the earth is flat. It has been proved to me, a trained scientist, to my objective satisfaction, one thousand times over. I don't believe it. I know it. It is flat.
    Saying three times that it is flat isn't proof at all, you should know that as "a trained scientist". You haven't explained why daylight is longer than 6 hours in Australia.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

crimethink (5th September 2017),Jewboo (5th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Sounds like a partial surrender. No, there is no compromise with factual knowledge. The earth is, by thousands of measurements done by thousands of investigators over hundreds of years MEASURABLY flat. Can your pigheaded mind understand that the empirical databank of objective scientific measurements proves that the earth is flat. It has been proved to me, a trained scientist, to my objective satisfaction, one thousand times over. I don't believe it. I know it. It is flat.
    LOL

Proving that being a "trained scientist" doesn't mean shit, actually.

The number of genuine empirical, objective scientific measurements that prove the Earth is flat = ZERO, ZILCH.

Book offered you a peace offering, and you slapped him.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (5th September 2017),Neuro (5th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Saying three times that it is flat isn't proof at all, you should know that as "a trained scientist". Your haven't explained why daylight is longer than 6 hours in Australia.
    His claim to be a "trained scientist" as weight given to the lunacy of a "Flat Earth" is one of the most shameful appeals to authority I've witnessed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

All it proves is that someone with an alphabet appended to their name is arrogant, even narcissistic, and demanding of worship. And these so-called "scientists" wonder why millions have written their "expertise" off as utter bullshit.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (5th September 2017),Neuro (5th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

I can't. Nobody can. All we can do is conjecture, if we are honest with ourselves vis-a-vis our limited knowledge.

Everybody can understand and explain it except apparently Mamboni, MD PhD

a "trained scientist"
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (5th September 2017),crimethink (5th September 2017),Neuro (5th September 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post

Book offered you a peace offering, and you slapped him

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Everybody can understand and explain it except apparently Mamboni, MD PhD

a "trained scientist"
    It really ain't that difficult to comprehend unless you believe the sun is a spotlight just a few miles from flat earth. Facts be damned.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

crimethink (5th September 2017),Jewboo (5th September 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    It really ain't that difficult to comprehend unless you believe the sun is a spotlight just a few miles from flat earth. Facts be damned.

Trained scientist Mamboni MD PhD can't comprehend our recent August 21st eclipse with his flat Earth model.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (5th September 2017),crimethink (5th September 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Digging around for some hard core numbers and came across this.

The bottom comment is from the author of the video. Some of the photos shown in the vid are the authors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGbPu69xRks

A collection provided by me friends and colleagues in the field of astronomy. My movie converter has decreased the quality of the photos. I will upload more once i can convert to 4K propperly
    Let me sum this up in 1 comment. Ive been looking up for more then 30 years with a variety of high end optics. I know ALMOST everything up there fits a spherical earth like a glove. Ive been there and used pretty much every argument there is in my period as viscous flat earth debunker. And they were all useless arguments the moment i pointed my telescopes at the horizon. Thats why ive stopped arguing with folks who use the same arguments i did....theres really no point. Looking up to determine what's under your feet is the same as looking at your feet to determine the nature of the universe

In short no curve and its poooof ball...
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

“Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken