Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    I don't know if this has been discussed yet:

Another logical refutation of the flat earth theory is the coriolis effect;
    https://www.scienceabc.com/nature/hu...is-effect.html

It is interesting that because the circumference of the earth is smaller toward the polar regions, this means the speed of rotation is markedly different from pole to equator.

I have read that water tends to swirl clockwise south of the equator and counter clockwise north of the equator. I did visit Peru last year but I was too busy to check out the toilets behavior.

We know it rotates, because we observe it by looking at the planetary objects.

BUT does it rotate, if you ignore the external (has nothing/little to do with the earth) objects.

Does a car driving down your street make your chair spin?

When you confine your observation point to it alone, the earth is not moving.

Platinum
    Thanks

More thoughts, opinions, and observations. If I'm rehashing, please forgive and humor me.

First, a thought experiment:
    As the crow flies, it is supposedly approximately 1k miles as the crow flies from my house in the Northeast to Disney World in Florida. If you conceptualize the whole world, and the supposed circumference of the world, this appears to be ridiculous to me. How could such a (relatively) short trip, not even close to half way across the country, be 1/25 of the circumference of the whole world?

Food for thought:
    The illuminati card game had a flat Earth card. Hmmmm.

Observation re- high weather hot air balloons vids:
    I've seen youtube videos that clearly demonstrate a curved Earth, and I've seen videos that clearly demonstrate a flat Earth.
    Conclusion- someone is lying.

Gyroscopes:
    My understanding is that the regular Gyroscopes indicate flat Earth, yet the laser Gyroscopes indicate curved Earth.
    Again- someone is lying.

Moon:
    Apparently the face of the moon is a constant to anyone on the Earth. It does not change. Can anyone confirm? Has this been discussed? Seem to indicate flat Earth.

Stars rotating different directions in different hemispheres:
    Would seem to me to indicate a curved Earth. Can anyone give me a flat Earth argument for this phenomenon? Youtube links would be appreciated.

Bible:

"The wind goes toward the south, And turns around to the north; The wind whirls about continually, And comes again on its circuit."
    Ecclesiastes 1:6

It could be argued that this indicates round Earth. Especially the word circuit. Is there a flat Earth argument that explains this?

"Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel: "Sun, stand still over Gibeon; and Moon, in the Valley Aijalon." So the sun stood still, And the moon stopped, Till the people had revenge Upon their enemies. Is this not written in the Book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day."
    Joshua 10:12-13

Seems to indicate flat Earth. Or seems to at minimum be a very strong proof for geocentric model of Sun revolving around Earth. Is there a Christian argument for ball Earth that explains this scripture? Anyone here read the book of Jasher? Opening up a can of worms here, but what about those that claim that book of Enoch, Jasher, and others should be Biblical cannon? At minimum it seems that the Bible quoted it so it would seem to be worth reading from my perspective.
    Now as he walked by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. <br />And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.<br />Mark 16-17

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dys For This Useful Post:

Spun Gold (5th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dys View Post
    More thoughts, opinions, and observations. If I'm rehashing, please forgive and humor me.

First, a thought experiment:
    As the crow flies, it is supposedly approximately 1k miles as the crow flies from my house in the Northeast to Disney World in Florida. If you conceptualize the whole world, and the supposed circumference of the world, this appears to be ridiculous to me. How could such a (relatively) short trip, not even close to half way across the country, be 1/25 of the circumference of the whole world?

Food for thought:
    The illuminati card game had a flat Earth card. Hmmmm.
    Seems like they are playing that card right now... No one in their right mind would have even entertained such a patently insane and unscientific idea 5 years ago, and all of a sudden you have a whole bunch of attractive internet influencers, who may have otherwise valid observations re conspiracies being conducted against us, starting discussion groups and spreading their falsehoods on social media platforms.

Utterly absurd!

Of course as people increasingly live their lives away from the physical reality that is our world, in an increasingly abstract cyber reality, where your opinions become more important, than what is real and true, in a sort of make believe egocentric universe, where opinions outside your comfort zone is quickly being blocked, and turned non-existent. I guess in this framework it becomes easier to reject whatever is more difficult to quantify directly, and accept how things appears from your own subjective vantage point...

Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (17th May 2019),midnight rambler (15th May 2019),woodman (15th May 2019)

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,857 Times in 7,914 Posts

Though the truth may vary
    This ship will carry our bodies safe to shore

"A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

7. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

woodman (17th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

https://www.eutelsat.com/en/satellites.html

https://www.eutelsat.com/en/satellites/eutelsat-13-east.html

https://www.eutelsat.com/en/investor...are-price.html
    Buy some flat earth.

https://satbeams.com/website/links

Hey they're faking it. yea flat earth, you have to believe, because if you look ... the thought is too terrible to imagine. Falling off the edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7XeEMH86g

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Hey Mamboni...

HEY MAMBONI: What's this look like in 2160p Ultra High Definition ?

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (4th September 2019),midnight rambler (5th September 2019),Neuro (4th September 2019)

Thanks

Re: Hey Mamboni...

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

HEY MAMBONI: What's this look like in 2160p Ultra High Definition ?

Odd how it looks like the sky is circling around an axis, must be some advanced fakery.
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (5th September 2019),midnight rambler (5th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Odd how it looks like the sky is circling around an axis, must be some advanced fakery.
    Flat Earthers know the stars, planets, Moon, and Sun revolve around the vertical North.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

14. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (6th September 2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Flat Earthers know the stars, planets, Moon, and Sun revolve around the vertical North.
    Yah, so it is odd that the axis could be seen straight up the sky in Antarctica, winter, right? One would think that the sun would be seen during the 24 hour cycle if you can see where the axis of rotation is located. Further it would also be odd to have 24 hour daylight/sun in the summer on Antarctica? On those solar flat earth graphic models it would appear having more than 3-4 hours of sun/day in Antarctica during the height of “Southern Hemisphere” summer would be an impossibility.

I guess these anomalies is further proof the earth is flat...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (6th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post

Watch this at the 1:05 minute mark.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (6th September 2019)