Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Don't tell me you believe it too Pat.

I looked into it objectively, and it's complete bullshit. They can't explain a lot of stuff like why are there more hours of daylight or night in Alaska versus California. Their models are so complicated and confusing it looks like they are just pulling more shit out of these asses to make things make sense.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

PatColo (11th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

RE: ^

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    As one whose first guess is that the Apollo moon landings were faked, and considering how for decades "flat-earthers" has been a systematically engineered meme to ridicule & dismiss those presenting alternative views, similar to the "conspiracy theorists" meme; lets just say I "allow for the possibility" that the flat earth speculation may be... My first impression upon seeing that there's a "flat earther" trend being posted at otherwise truthy internet watering holes, was "uh oh, sunstein cognitive infiltration meant to discredit everyone of our mindset/message!" and that remains my first guess.
    I'll just add, I recently heard JFetzer (himself a forever dubious actor!) attribute to the CIA, paraphrasing, "the goal of disinformation is not so much to cause people to believe the wrong thing, as it is to create for them a 'reality' where everything is possible, but nothing is knowable..." (further adding, therefore stifling them from taking any decisive action... caught like deer in the headlights...).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPe1OiKQuk

Their models are so complicated and confusing it looks like they are just pulling more shit out of these asses to make things make sense.
    That nails why I haven't even viewed any of the flat earth material which mami's has posted a flurry of recently... nor listened to sofia's recent podcast... similar to my not taking the "WTC- planes, or no planes? Nanothermite, or mini-nukes, or JWood's energy weapons?" bait. It's futile, and a waste of "The Movement's" time/energy... besides making us appear as kooks to J6Ps.

It makes the best sense to me that these "questions" are planted by the spooks. Truth activists? or Truth hobbyists?
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (11th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

I'm doubtful the moon landing was real too, and think that the Flat Earth thing is a good way to discredit that movement, as well as the Conspiracy movement in general.

My grandfather was one of the top scientists who was behind the Apollo program so internally I WANT to believe the Apollo moon landing narrative too since it brings shame on my bloodline.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

PatColo (11th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

^ I don't pretend to know how the spook agency and otherwise secret societies whole "sworn to secrecy" mechanism works; but it makes sense that it's some combination of bribery/payoff, plus threat if they betray this arrangement (most likely, you and your entire family will meet untimely demises), plus some degree of mind-control/cultism (IE 'True Believerism' in various organized religions, causes, secret society agendas, etc). The mechanism must be effective stuff though, given how many conspiracies we know to be true, yet no one from the inside speak out.

Maybe your grandfather was looking out for your welfare, by never speaking out to anyone? Was he "well to do"? Was he a mason?

Maybe Apollo was so cleverly & thoroughly compartmentalized, that 90/whatever percent of the contributors were given every reason to truly believe that it was all real, same as the general public which Apollo was designed to deceive?
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,833 Times in 999 Posts

In the 20th Century, they compartmentalized and partitioned. In the 21st Century, they erase the hard drive and replace the operating system.
    "Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they found it."

Thanks
    Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,790 Posts

The Cabal...........“Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the King’s horses and all the King’s men couldn’t put Humpty back together again”.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

so I've been listening to some of the players. One of the guys who does the Aus Round Table shows also does a Sunday Sessions program which is a shoot the breeze show with some guests. The topic has taken his fancy and he has been inviting all the major players who support this theory. I don't know if he has invited a sceptic yet.

I've checked out the material of the contributors. Not all yet but a couple that seem to be the highly esteemed in the movement. Jeranism, Mark Sargent.

Mark has a clues series which are dealing with one aspect at a time plus some talk about ideals. Talks about the alleged fact that there no direct flights from Australia east coast to South America west coast. This being the shortest route on the globe. On a flat earth those two points become the further est apart. You would have to go up over the north pole and back down. To hide this, the airlines route all flights between Australia and South America via hubs such as Asia. This makes them 2+ leg journeys possibly with a lay over.

Flights are listed but then the claim is that those are either ghost flights or are somehow redirected and no body knows. Anyone trying to book gets bumped before flight day. Then the additional evidence is that when looking at the online flight tracker web sites the logs for the flight shows the planes drop out from GPS mid flight and reappear just before landing. The claim is that this only happens in the southern hemisphere and not in the north.

I checked. The log of position data does drop out for some sizable portion of the journey only to reappear. If the flight does not actually exist then the data is faked.

My comments on this, because it's a heavily relied upon evidence. GPS is not a tracking system. It is a positioning system. It is viewed by the carrier. The person driving or walking or sailing or flying. It is not viewed by anyone on the ground. Aircraft have transponders and these transmit data to ground stations. If there are no receiving ground stations, because you are 2000 miles out to sea, then there is no data.

Jermanism has a couple of concepts used to verify the flat earth as opposed to globe. Number 1 is this concept of standing upright. The belief is that only people in the northern hemisphere stand upright. The right way up. Everyone in the southern hemisphere is standing upside down. Not on their hands but on their feet but their heads are pointing down. This confirms something but I am not sure what. But everyone must be facing the same way up, indicating a plane earth.

It is obvious though that on a globe, up is a relative thing. Unless it is relative to a fixed point in the sky. If you said the direction of the sun is up, then some people would be wrong side up at any point in time.

Planes flying off into space or having to lower their trajectory by such a big amount every minute it would not be possible for the earth to be a globe. The idea is that the plane would have to drop faster than is feasible for every minute of flight. This idea suggests that planes fly along their axis, which is incorrect. Planes fly at an angle of attack. They do this in order to gain lift to over come forces that would deny them flight.

There is also a formula you can use to determine how far below the horizon something should be based on how far away it is, if the earth is a sphere. This goes to the calculation used for the planes flying off into space and also for things like the Superior Mirage anomaly where a city can be seen 68 miles across lake Superior when the city should be mostly obscured by the earths curvature. Have not tried the calculations, but the anomaly is well documented in MSM as a mirage.

Ships being partially over the horizon to the naked eye but clearly still above the horizon through a telescope or binoculars. I have seen this effect myself as a kid. Looking out over the harbour and anchorage area of the big freighters. You see them almost disappear but then still clear with the telescope. I think if the only thing in the field of view was the ship. No water or clouds or anything. I think people will realise it is their eyes. To me, it is, the ship is further away than the waves my eyes see. As there is water all the way out there and my eyes have limited range, they see waves that are closer and a ship which is bigger and farther. It looks like one is partially behind the other. I think it is an illusion caused by optical focus.

I do think most of the nasa stuff is faked. It's pretty hard to see past it now.

Admiral Byrd story is a very interesting one. A true explorer who spent decades in Antarctica or working on exploring it. The concept is intriguing. That the north pole is the centre of the earth and the south pole is not a point but is an ice wall barrier the whole circumference of the flat earth disc. It is said that he stated he found some kind of hole or valley containing a tropical wonderland with mammoths and all sorts of resource riches. He did say in an interview that the land was rich in coal and probably oil and possibly other mineral wealth. He never said anything about a tropical paradise.

Why is it locked off? Probably too cold and everyone just agreed to finish gutting the rest of the planet first and by that time it should be thawed out.

There are a lot of intriguing suggestions but some of them are just not very well thought out or are due to a lack of knowledge about how some things work. The theory is based on circumstantial ideas, valid questions about space exploration to date and extrapolated from there. I think they need to build a bit more evidence and drop some ideas.

Not going to the moon is heavy weight material but it not conclusive of a flat earth. It can be a valid reason why there are no earth images. It is used as a relative logic argument. If NASA lies about this then nothing from them is valid. Baby bath water argument comes in here. I am undecided at this point as insurmountable danger is a valid reason for not having gone there, not conclusive evidence the moon is not some thing that can actually be landed on.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Glass For This Useful Post:

osoab (23rd July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post

It is obvious though that on a globe, up is a relative thing. Unless it is relative to a fixed point in the sky. If you said the direction of the sun is up, then some people would be wrong side up at any point in time.

Should be a simple thing for you to take photos of the "EDGE" of our flat Earth. Why not even one single Youtube video from these so-called Flat Earth experts?

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (25th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Should be a simple thing for you to take photos of the "EDGE" of our flat Earth. Why not even one single Youtube video from these so-called Flat Earth experts?

Your pictures of the flat earth are not how it's proposed to be. The theory goes that the "north pole" is the center of the flat earth disc, while Antarctica encloses the disc on all sides like a giant ice wall at the end of the earth:

Mark and others have proposed bringing two ships to the coast of Antarctica, and sailing in opposite directions. If Antarctica is a small ice continent, it won't take very long for the two ships to meet on the opposite side. If Antarctica is a giant ice wall per the flat earth theory, both ships will have to sail around the world before they meet up. Unfortunately, no government on earth will allow this experiment to take place. Antarctica is the key to proving or disproving this theory, but no government will allow anyone down there to find out. Antarctica is really off limits to everyone.

FWIW - I'm not sold on the theory, but it does raise some good questions.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

Glass (25th July 2015),mamboni (30th September 2016),osoab (25th July 2015),Shami-Amourae (25th July 2015),Spun Gold (17th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

If Al Gore gets his way the flat earther's ice wall is going to melt. The oceans are going to run off the edge leaving barren earth!
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

17. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Glass (25th July 2015)