Page 20 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    I am still trying to understand how the "Electric Universe" model would work in a Flat Earth system.
    Why try to work out mechanisms in a fabricated system devoid of physical reality?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    We have Flat Earthers on this forum.
    http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...l=1#post778215

Coincidentally they all say "THE JESUITS" instead of "THE JEWS".

The Principle, the movie being promoted by the Admin of this website, promotes geocentricism too (the Earth is the center of the Universe.)
    I believe it is hard to find an opinion/idea in human history (and beyond?) that haven't been promoted or at least discussed on this forum...

Isn't it possible JQP is a Jesuit, btw?

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Pick the "other" obvious flaw with this method of calculation.

The Question: How far from Earth is The Sun?
    Calculated Solution: Sun is 25XX from Earth. It might be 24XX miles. I can't remember.

excluding everything else, and I mean everything, why does this calculation not work?

I know it's a 20+ minute video. You can probably work it out in a few minutes. No prizes offered sorry.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    Pick the "other" obvious flaw with this method of calculation.

The Question: How far from Earth is The Sun?
    Calculated Solution: Sun is 25XX from Earth. It might be 24XX miles. I can't remember.

excluding everything else, and I mean everything, why does this calculation not work?

I know it's a 20+ minute video. You can probably work it out in a few minutes. No prizes offered sorry.
    Since there is no REAL verifiable map of the earth (it's all covered up) Zack and REAL people out there in the world with NO AGENDA (except the truth) are coming to the fro and stepping up with REAL science which will accurately MAP OUT the earth (which is NO WAY a "spinning ball")
    Spinning ball "earth" < LOL it's almost too funny for words how anyone could ever buy into such nonsense!!
    Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

Unobtanium
    Thanks

well the main flaw in the measuring how far away the sun is, is that they are measuing the focal point or an focal point. Basically in a lab it would be the distance from the nearside surface of a lens, be it convex or concave (in earths atmosphere's case) and the earth surface where the light terminates, hits the surface.

So I guess they are measuring something.

The comments about making an accurate map makes it seem a lot like regular science. Make the model fit the synopsis. Oh and crowd fund it. I wonder how much money they will raise. That would be an interesting thing to watch.

And now they are doing the exact same things they complained regular science was doing, being dogmatic, you are now either with them or a'gin them.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Liberty Tree.

Electrum
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post

Here is a video that does a decent job debunking retarded theory - 10 mins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmGRRxOf6dU

It's very odd that someone thinks they need to make a 10 minute video to debunk such a loony theory, but I learned one fascinating thing: The moon is inverted in the southern hemisphere!

Years ago I actually took pictures of flushing toilets in America and Argentina to corroborate the coriolis effect, but no one told me about the moon. And I didn't look closely enough to notice. Gosh! I wish I had. But it makes sense, and I'm very glad to learn of it.

As for the flat earth theory, I saw a youtube video a few months ago and was fascinated by it. I thought it surely must have been done tongue-in-cheek, a big joke. But they put so much effort and thought into it that I've wondered ever since if someone actually believes it.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

^ Ken, your quote by "me" made me scratch my head, not my style, so I went to the original: #182. Turns out I was quoting an anti-FE post from prothink.org... which prompted me to check the latest there... and the latest there IS.....

This Account Has Been Suspended

FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Max Igan, FE critic, on the V.Eastwood show. Same take as before, only more refined, plus Max says he hired a land surveyor to do some tests over a vast area, and couldn't draw any certain conclusions (IIRC, I listened with "one ear" as usual!). At one point near the end, VE asks Max, if he became convinced of FE, how would that change his day to day needs & wants? They agreed, it wouldn't change anything. That's been my take too; FE is a distraction and a wedge issue, prolly a psyop to marginalize & dismiss "truthers"; Sunstein "cognitive infiltration." Max said the vitriol & dogmatism must stop, but it may be too late for that; a lot of damage has been done already.

Flat Earth Psy-Op Divides Truth Movement, Max Igan

Australian legend Max Igan www.thecrowhouse.com
    We discuss what the word "psy-ops" means, what the word "shill" means and why these terms are often misunderstood and misused by people in the truth movement who've not yet learned what the word "Discernment" means.

A very serious and important show discussing the recent surge in flat earth activity, one of the phenomena that is directly responsible for the derailing many people fighting to expose the truth with circular arguments of religious absolute truthism, resulting in INFIGHTING.

Youtube Audio Version
    yt_audio_28_mar_max_igan_vinny_eastwood_show_2016. mp3
    Download File

FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Unobtanium
    Thanks

It's clear the FE discussion has degenerated into a shit fight amongst what looks like 2 sides. People saying the same as Max. Others saying the people saying that are idiots or liars or frauds. Apparently the leading FE people who appear to have their faces out there are saying because their critics won't front up and reveal their names and faces on line.

Jon Le Bon has surfaced again. He seems to be some kind of nudger, a bit like Jeranism. He takes great effort to project himself as being on the fence and available to mediate. A few people made some videos discussing having JLB as a mediator but I got the impression the video was done so it could be refered to by JLB.

I think the whole thing is clear as mud with the discussion not looking at FE info, propostions etc but looking at the players AND it's clear some of the leading players are closed to information that answers their suppositions like GPS doesn't track planes in some areas. No amount of telling them GPS is not a tracking system can get traction.

My preferred angle now is the obvious fraud that NASA is. The FE thing is secondary IMO. I still check Jeranisms stuff because he often has very interesting NASA material. Sometimes I wonder where it comes from BUT I also realise I have not watched the total of the footage from Appollo 11 so its reasonable that what he is showing is real. Things like 2 people walking around outside the landing craft just after it touched down and well before anyone inside had prepared to go outside. The landing craft was obviously something put together with some lysart type steel - filing cabinet/rolling compacta metal, some rivets or screws and some shiny mylar type material.

Its also clear NASA is producing CGI material here on Earth that they portray as being live "In Space" video.

Liberty Tree.

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is a video showing the flat earth BEFORE NASA was founded

Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis