Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post

...while Antarctica encloses the disc on all sides like a giant ice wall at the end of the earth:

excuses excuses...lol
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Actually, what would be cool is if someone started a kickstarter campaign to raise funds to do this experiment, to travel around Antarctica. I doubt they'd get government approval to do it, but then the question could be raised "why not?"
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Actually, what would be cool is if someone started a kickstarter campaign to raise funds to do this experiment, to travel around Antarctica. I doubt they'd get government approval to do it, but then the question could be raised "why not?"
    I'm wondering why someone would need government approval?
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

if you have 3.5 hours to spare, and your favorite YT-to-MP3 converter site so you're not leashed to your 'puter & YT, WDIL posted this roundtable podcast recently,

Flat Earth Debunked PSYOP EXPOSED: We'll Do It Live: The REAL Alternative Podcast

FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post
    if you have 3.5 hours to spare, and your favorite YT-to-MP3 converter site so you're not leashed to your 'puter & YT, WDIL posted this roundtable podcast recently,

Flat Earth Debunked PSYOP EXPOSED: We'll Do It Live: The REAL Alternative Podcast

I don't have three hours... what's being debunked? The flat earth theory, or the theory that debunks it?
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

^ I listened to maybe 1/2 hour of it yesterday. Jist is anti-flat earther, it's a psyop to discredit truthers broad brush... my first guess too, as I said above. But there was an Irish (?) participant who seemed to be conflicted. I turned it off before I got a better bead on him. I don't expect to return to it, not enough interest.
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTech View Post
    I'm wondering why someone would need government approval?
    Because you'll get blown out of the water by one of their patrols if you don't!
    If you get approval (if it's even possible $$$), you will only see what THEY WANT you to see and go to only the places THEY WANT you to go anyways so why ask?

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

I don't know how you would get there except as part of a scientific expedition. I think Australia sends down a big crew each "summer" and leaves a skeleton crew during the winter. Not sure what they keep doing down there.
    The temperature in Antarctica has reached −89 °C (−129 °F). There are no permanent human residents, but anywhere from 1,000 to 5,000 people reside throughout the year at the research stations scattered across the continent.
    Antarctica is a de facto condominium, governed by parties to the Antarctic Treaty System that have consulting status. Twelve countries signed the Antarctic Treaty in 1959, and thirty-eight have signed it since then. The treaty prohibits military activities and mineral mining, prohibits nuclear explosions and nuclear waste disposal, supports scientific research, and protects the continent's ecozone. Ongoing experiments are conducted by more than 4,000 scientists from many nations.
    Travel is largely by small or medium ship, focusing on specific scenic locations with accessible concentrations of iconic wildlife. A total of 37,506 tourists visited during the 2006–07 Austral summer with nearly all of them coming from commercial ships. The number was predicted to increase to over 80,000 by 2010
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatColo View Post

I got through 41 minutes. I'm done. Bad flow to the discussion.

Is Dr. Astro the Dr. Astro from GLP?

They start off talking about parallax. This is the Flat Earther's take. The ship they show in the debunker vid does not zoom in on the ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFhhCYYkILw
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

10. The Following User Says Thank You to osoab For This Useful Post:

PatColo (29th July 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,450 Times in 4,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    My grandfather was one of the top scientists who was behind the Apollo program so internally I WANT to believe the Apollo moon landing narrative too since it brings shame on my bloodline.
    He was compartmentalized, he had no clue.
    Jackie did it and you know it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cebu_4_2 For This Useful Post:

monty (29th July 2015)