Page 58 of 132 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Thanks
    Thanked 4,648 Times in 3,216 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

I'll this in with the fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGxysKSGEM

Anyone tried the magnifying glass and moonlight? Supposedly it will have a cooling effect.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    I'll this in with the fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGxysKSGEM

Anyone tried the magnifying glass and moonlight? Supposedly it will have a cooling effect.
    Someone had posted this awhile back. I wondered about some digital or software artifact. But he has gotten this filmed by others which means it's a real moon phenomenon. Honestly, the only explanation that comes to mind is the moon is a projection. That's rather a wild idea. It looks like a wave running through the moon. The wave seems always perfectly straight and moving with constant velocity, like a machine or electronic device (cathode ray tube projectors did this) would behave. Freaky.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    I can't find the video excerpt, but in one of his interviews he touts Karen Hudes. That is an automatic disqualifier for me.
    I hear what you're saying. It's prudent to judge folk by the company they keep. But sometimes, you might be throwing the baby out with the bath water.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    But sometimes, you might be throwing the baby out with the bath water.

If your circling Sun is less than 3,000 miles above your flat Earth:

1) What is your little sun orbiting? If not orbiting anything... it must be self-propelled?

2) Where is your tiny orbiting Moon in relation to your little circling Sun?

3) How do you explain an eclipse?

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

If your circling Sun is less than 3,000 miles above your flat Earth:
    1) What is your little sun orbiting? If not orbiting anything... it must be self-propelled?

2) Where is your tiny orbiting Moon in relation to your little circling Sun?

3) How do you explain an eclipse?

Yes, the sun and the moon are clearly on automatic guidance, like parts of a clock mechanism. Watch:

Oh, this one's for oyu. Someone got a video of the flat earth with the edge!

Thanks

Yes, the sun and the moon are clearly on automatic guidance, like parts of a clock mechanism. Watch:

Oh, this one's for oyu. Someone got a video of the flat earth with the edge!
    Ok. Same size sun and much dimmer opposing moon. Before I wind up for another counterstrike (lol) please first supplement:

1) Explain an eclipse.

2) Explain tide rising and a full moon every 28 days.

3) All your stars below a non-transparent Firmament?

4) Earth surface center exactly where?...what do magnetic compasses point to on your flat Earth?

Thanks

Ok. Same size sun and much dimmer opposing moon. Before I wind up for another counterstrike (lol) please first supplement:

1) Explain an eclipse.

2) Explain tide rising and a full moon every 28 days.

3) All your stars below a non-transparent Firmament?

4) Earth surface center exactly where?

I dont have all the answers. I'm learning too. There are some videos explaining eclipses. Earth center at north pole. Stars are in the firmament (I think). The tides are above my pay grade.

Thanks

I dont have all the answers. I'm learning too. There are some videos explaining eclipses. Earth center at north pole. Stars are in the firmament (I think). The tides are above my pay grade.
    Thanks.

Ok. Our magnetic compass points to the center of flat Earth which is the North Pole. Using our compass, can't we just keep going directly magnetic SOUTH in a straight line and soon arrive at the EDGE?

Thanks

Thanks.

Ok. Our magnetic compass points to the center of flat Earth which is the North Pole. Using our compass, can't we just keep going directly magnetic SOUTH in a straight line and soon arrive at the EDGE?

Yes. And some historians believe that Admiral Byrd and the Americans did it in the years after WWII. They believe that they found the edge. Soon after this, the Antarctic Treaty was signed. It's apparently the only international treaty still intact after over 60 years. No nation has violated it.

Thanks

Yes. And some historians believe that Admiral Byrd and the Americans did it in the years after WWII. They believe that they found the edge. Soon after this, the Antarctic Treaty was signed. It's apparently the only international treaty still intact after over 60 years. No nation has violated it.
    Ok. I'm now at the point of suspending disbelief so I can hopefully catch up with you. I'm not being sarcastic. Correct me where I'm wrong:

1) By "firmament" we are in some kind of huge terrarium that has a domed non-transparent ceiling under which are all the stars, sun, and moon.

2) This domed "firmament" slopes down and eventually meets the end of flat Earth. For now it doesn't matter what is beyond this "firmament".

3) The domed "firmament" slopes down and meets the flat Earth so there probably isn't even a visible EDGE that we can see.

4) When we reach the end of flat Earth we probably run into a "firmament" wall sorta like in the Truman Show but solid ice.

5) For now it doesn't matter if aliens, jews, or God himself built this elaborate terrarium we call Earth.