Page 7 of 132 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Re: Flat Earthers Won't Go Away

This episode was dedicated to giving air time to Ball Earthers who have become prominent in the movement. The movement being Ball Earth Vs Flat Earth.

John put out an invite to Ball Earthers to join the round table as per the 2nd video I posted in #50 of this thread.

I have not watched much of this. I got the feeling that the guy I was watching was talking without notes and while he did a good job he really needed some backup of other BE'thers and some crib notes. It was a bit awkward feeling on occasion. I want to get back to it soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiKA23j80U
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Glass For This Useful Post:

StreetsOfGold (1st September 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    This episode was dedicated to giving air time to Ball Earthers who have become prominent in the movement. The movement being Ball Earth Vs Flat Earth.

John put out an invite to Ball Earthers to join the round table as per the 2nd video I posted in #50 of this thread.

I have not watched much of this. I got the feeling that the guy I was watching was talking without notes and while he did a good job he really needed some backup of other BE'thers and some crib notes. It was a bit awkward feeling on occasion. I want to get back to it soon.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiKA23j80U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiKA23j80U
    BE ers or BS ers ?

God I love lunatics for their entertainment value!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Unobtanium
    Thanks

This is the season finale of the Ball Earth Skeptics Roundtable hosted by John Le Bon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz6G_Z1JM8Q

I've only listened to about 30 minutes of this one. Seems like a who's who of Ball Earth debunkers and a bit of a group back patting exercise. Starts off with the "One thing" that got each of them into the BE Skeptic scene.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

This one is pretty interesting. Some new material. Matthew Boylan (?) I think is a former NASA artist who used to fabricate the images used by NASA for distribution to the media, science etc regarding planets, moons etc.

Also has some George Carlin mixed in to remind us how corrupt the system is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-i1k-eRcE

Worth a watch. Earth - Blue marble is photoshopped. The videos of the earth rotating are faked because they are faster rotating than actual - sped up and the clouds Do Not Move - change shape. They flow with the planet rotation but they don't change shape, which they should.

There are other interviews of this Matthew guy out there as well. A bit of a mix in quality, audio etc

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Edit: Ok so this image does not appear to be the new blue marble image. Not sure where it is from other than the discussion at the Nasa blog linked below.

NASA excusing why the world Famous, only the Second time a photo of the Earth has been taken in more than 40 years is FAKE.
    http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/blo...e-blue-marble/

This image is clearly photoshopped. There is also supposed to be an image with Sex written in the clouds. I am not sure if it is this one or another one. I have not been able to see anything in this one other than the areas where they have repeated the clouds etc.

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

This is the blue marble images. Left most image is the original one. Middle one is the new one from July 6th 2015. Far right is the 29th July 2015.\

Need to spend some time looking up close.

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Buzz Aldrin: We threw our space suit back packs out of the luna module, to make it lighter for the lift off.

Only problem is: Where are they?
    During the lift off of the Apollo 11 Luna module there was some footage filmed showing the complete module and area surrounding it. There are no back packs to be seen. There is nothing to be seen on the ground other than the feet of the luna module.

So where are the back packs?
    How did you throw them out?
    Did you just open up the door and heave them out?
    Did the lunar module have an airlock?
    Did someone keep their back pack, with all the oxygen and so on in it so they could open the airlock and chuck out the other astronauts gear?
    What would have happened if some of that gear landed on one of the modules legs or feet?
    Did they draw straws to see who would get to keep their kit?
    What would happen if there was a decompression event on the way home?

Buzz Aldin, talk at Technik Museum. Not sure what this place is, but was in 2014.

First few minutes of this FE video: Impossible Spinning Ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2gpjUxZpo

I'm starting to think this should move into the religion sub forum.

Full presentation given by Buzz - Except that last 5 minutes are missing due to technical glitch. I wonder what Buzz revealed in those last few minutes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSu59S0_Ou0

I'm convinced that NASA is a total scam. Still on the fence about the ball theory.

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Interesting presentation about the Foucault Pendulum. This Pendulum is the proof that the world is spinning. In fact it may only be the proof that something is spinning. Possibly earth, possibly something surrounding the earth.... like the aether, the holy ghost.??

I've just watched this, BUT it is good timing because Apparently the pendulum exhibits weird behaviour during a Solar Eclipse. We have a Solar Eclipse at the end of September, 28th. I think it starts at 00:11 or something September 28th US time. Not sure if that is WST, CST or EST.

It would be interesting to do an experiment at this time to see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4SkcMK94yw

I might look into setting up a pendulum, not sure what the requirements are, and watch it for a while before the 28th. Only issue is I have a Cat who will just think this is a new toy and not a potentially meme smashing experiment.

Other points: This effect is apparently called the Allais Effect. Wiki has some stuff on it which I understand is not correct, discovery date for one. Probably attributed to one of the family and not the real discoverer.

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

here is the footage of the Apollo 11 crew jettisoning their back packs, or at least something from the landing module.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEAx-SCmZnQ

As I expected, the pack or trash landed on one of the feet and legs. But of course, The landing module comes in 2 parts and the lower portion with the legs etc was left behind and did not need to lift off, so it is no impediment to lift off.

Remaining questions are:
    How did they open the door and chuck them out?
    Was there an airlock on the apollo 11 craft?
    How many did they get rid of?
    Did they keep one so the guy chucking the others out could do that?

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

The Lunar module does not appear to have an airlock and as a result, it looks like all astronauts need to have their PLSS on. Portable Life Support Systems.

From the LM10 - LM14 Familiarization Manual:
    After touchdown on the 1una.r surface, the two astronauts perform a. lunar surface IMU alignment and check all subsystems to determine whether damage occurred upon landing and to assure that all systems can perform the functions required for a. successful ascent. The decision is then made whether the nominal planned stay-time operations can be executed. If all the systems check out satisfactorily, the astronauts observe the surrounding 1una.r landscape, check the LM hatches, and perform a final check of the portable life support system (PLSS) in preparation for one of the astronauts to leave the LM. All equipment not essential for lunar stay is turned off. The astronauts don their PLSS and depressurize the cabin, open the forward hatch, and exit the vehicle to perform the first of four proposed extra.vehicu1a.r activities (EVA'S)
    On the next page it reads:
    Upon termination of the final EVA, the astronauts remove their PLSS and jettison all unnecessary equipment to the lunar surface. The LM is then prepared for launch; subsystems are activated and checked and an IMU alignment is performed. At a predetermined launch time, while tracking the CSM with the rendezvous radar, the ascent engine is ignited. The ascent stage of the LM separates from the descent stage and lifts off the lunar surface.
    More on the operation of the Forward hatch. The module must be depressurized to open the Forward hatch
    2-2.1 e 1% Forward Hatch. The forward hatch, in the front face assembly, is used for transfer of astronauts and equipment between the LM and the lunar surface. A cam latch assembly holds the hatch in the closed position; the assembly forces a lip, around the outer circumference of the hatch, into a elastomeric silicone compound seal that is secured to the vehicle structure. Cabin pressurization forces the hatch lip further into the seal, ensuring a pressure-tight contact. A cabin relief and dump valve is within the hatch structure. A handle is provided on both sides of the hatch, for latch operation. To open the hatch, the cabin must be depressurized,
    Link to LM Familiarization Manual @ nasa.gov

Link to other Apollo LM documents: https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/alsj-LMdocs.html

Still looking for other documents/drawings to show if there was an airlock on the LM. There definitely was not one on the orbit craft.

Liberty Tree.