Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woks

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

Re: Woks

I like Khao phat kai (chicken). soy n chilli sauce. ba mee goreng ayam. sambal. ice cold beer.

bought a wok. $18
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

This apparently is an E-wok.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Liberty Tree.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Glass For This Useful Post:

milehi (19th September 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    This apparently is an E-wok.
    Works for me, tho at my age and assumed hers, I wold die in the saddle, but dam it what a way to go!

Imho, being a man I can not think of anything better than dieing in the saddle, or defending what I believe in on the battle field.

But dieing in the saddle , ? what a way to check out of this life and see if there is a other side, think there is !

Tho the gal that owns that saddle may not think so at the time!

But she dam sure can clam bragging rights, 'I screwed him to death" or such after she gets over being freaked out !

Eventually!

Dam I wish I was a few years younger, knowing what I know now........Grin

Speaking of woks..

It finally came back to me abt cast iron and carbon steel.

Heat them with oil and spread the oil/fat as it heats up, to the point it is smoking like crazy and just at the point where flash over combustion of the fumes occurs. At that time the oil/fat is carbonizing and bonding to the cooking surface which produces the black non stick cooking surface.

Got re clued in tonight, removing scratches from my wok using a traditional metal spatula that left marks, I do mean smoke it to the point that the oil fumes want to almost self combust. That is when the real carbonization happens ! my cast iron is seasoned but it took time to get the black finish, just for a grin tomorrow I am going to do the same very high heat treatment to them and see what happens.

There is a temp where the oil carbonizes and bonds with the steel, or I think links up with the carbon in the steel that exists.

Tho never try this with stainless, the chromium in it will not stand it, in my current way of thinking. Tho carbon steel will, that kind of steel welcomes more carbon, case harding is a good example.

Dam that ewok does look tasty and looks like she needs to be used and abused as she directs it to be done !

Grin..

"My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Thanks

"But she dam sure can clam bragging rights,"

Ha Ha!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to milehi For This Useful Post:

Dogman (19th September 2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by milehi View Post
    "But she dam sure can clam bragging rights,"

Ha Ha!
    Am I right or wrong?

What better way to check out from this world,

We entered it by woman, so why not check out trying to get back into or being in a woman ?

Hooting my ass off !

We came from the womb and we men strive for most of our lives trying to get back into one and for most healthy males the desire to do so is not very far if not the top of his daily to do list!

Women control at least 1/2 half of the wealth in general but all of the Pussy!

Fact jack!

Thanks

Relearned !

Woks are perfect and made for popcorn!

Along with traditional uses !

At least the round ones, oil collects in the bottom because the curved sides, corn does the same because of the weight of the kernels plus that is where the heat is concentrated.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dogman For This Useful Post:

Glass (20th September 2015)

Unobtanium
    Thanks

The Cat is both terrified and fascinated at the popcorn machine. Where does it all come from and will it ever end? I'll give the wok a try, see if any go shooting out. could make for some fun.

Liberty Tree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    The Cat is both terrified and fascinated at the popcorn machine. Where does it all come from and will it ever end? I'll give the wok a try, see if any go shooting out. could make for some fun.
    I used a round frying pan splash screen, without some kind of lid the corn will fly out.

Had a cat that like yours that would do the same, it was a hoot to watch him, watching the popcorn popping!

Thanks

Sorta off the wall but I was experimenting and dam it , tastes wonderful !

Fried rice balls, styles and tastes are many !

I got to thinking (dangerous thing) about fried rice the other day and had a memory of fried rice balls, ether stuffed or a rice/meat/veg/spice mixture.

Or what ever in the hell mix one wants to make, the possibility's are almost endless !

plus thinking how to stretch my meat supply's and using the meat I recovered from my solid ice cube freezer.

Cooked 2 cups of rice first.

Takes large pot, the two cups of cooked rice took almost 1/2 or a tad more of that pot if fluffed.

Then because of having an old packet of bear creek veg beef soup mix I mixed it into the cooked rice and then added water to mix and cover the lot, plus a few cups more (the pasta in the mix and the rice will suck up the water and thicken) and about a dozen chili piquin peppers for a tad of zest. (have a huge supply of both dried and green round ones preserved in vinegar)

Then I took a sirloin steak, (looks like round steak, that I bought from the meat packer) no bone steak and chopped abt 1/4 of it into small slices and bits and some bits I pounded the hell out of them with a tenderizing mallet and threw it into the mix and cooked checking and stirring to keep things from sticking and all free water was gone.

Ended up with a very large pot of a rice/veg/pasta spice combo with meat chunks mess ( )

That I let cool in the frig over night so it set up into a sorta gel.

Today I took out enough for a meal or two and divided that and then let it warm to room temp covered!

Then used a ice cream scoop to scoop out balls of the combo rice mixture

That I added a chili piquin pepper or two into each ball, and then fried the balls in my wok until the they started to get a light brown crust and the insides could steam.

Then took some day old bread that I cubed and let sorta dry and fried them and sprinkled with garlic powder as a side crunchy.

Wonderful as a meal in them selfs or just added to a meal.

May freeze some of it, because I can dam eat for a week or a tad more ,using what is in that pot, since I really only eat maybe one meal a day and often skip a day between sometimes just because I can.

Thanks

The next time I cook this for a grin.

I will set out some bread over night so it can dry completely and then crush it then mix in some garlic powder and roll the rice ball mix in the crushed bread to coat before semi deep frying.

Then with maybe a couple of sides or not, another meal done !