Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Silver in short supply

DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts

Re: Silver in short supply

sold out and the price keeps dropping like a rock in water
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

Apmex still has hundreds of thousands of ounces available, and tens of thousands in smaller quantities (1-oz rounds and 10-oz bars). During the late 2008 price plummet to $8, they had no 1-oz or 10-oz generic bullion products available. None. My local guy had some, but refused to sell them. Now that's a silver shortage.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Apmex still has hundreds of thousands of ounces available, and tens of thousands in smaller quantities (1-oz rounds and 10-oz bars). During the late 2008 price plummet to $8, they had no 1-oz or 10-oz generic bullion products available. None. My local guy had some, but refused to sell them. Now that's a silver shortage.
    We don't know what Apmex has in stock, we only know what they say they have in stock. Many of the big bullion dealers are owned by banksters who have a motive to keep prices down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    We don't know what Apmex has in stock, we only know what they say they have in stock. Many of the big bullion dealers are owned by banksters who have a motive to keep prices down.
    In 2008, they got so bad they admitted they didn't have any in stock.

Great Value Carrots Silver Rocket Bitches!'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 590 Posts

In 2008, they got so bad they admitted they didn't have any in stock.
    I don't believe they had none in stock. They simply refused to sell at that price. Any silver that could be found in Fall 2008 had 40% premiums attached. I went to coin shows back then and there was plenty of supply but you had to pay $13/ozt and many times they wouldn't sell unless you bought quantity.
    everything we learn changes that which we know to be true

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

I have found that APMEX has been running out of product for short periods of time, but appear to have no problems getting more back in stock after a few weeks. Lately I've been buying Geiger Edmetalle bars from them, and they consistently run out for weeks at a time. But it's nothing like 2008, not yet at least.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rocket Bitches! View Post
    I don't believe they had none in stock. They simply refused to sell at that price. Any silver that could be found in Fall 2008 had 40% premiums attached. I went to coin shows back then and there was plenty of supply but you had to pay $13/ozt and many times they wouldn't sell unless you bought quantity.
    I don't doubt that. My point is that they weren't selling at those prices, either because they didn't have any, or because the retail industry knew that the paper price had gotten too distorted. I'm just saying that the current "shortage" doesn't yet measure up to the 2008 situation.

Another thing: One of the alleged things that created the retail "unavailability" was that there was a high demand for large delivery bars at the time (you know, like what SLV has to purchase when their paper price gets high compared to the bullion price). The smaller retail stuff was being scooped up for refinement to fill this demand. I know there's a lot of skepticism about SLV and GLD, and I understand the concern, but ultimately these are the vehicles that the big boys use which move the market. It happened 2009-2011, and I suspect it will happen again at an even greater scale in the future.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,266 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mick silver View Post
    sold out and BECAUSE the price keeps dropping like a rock in water
    fixed it for you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

mick silver (24th September 2015)