Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Silver in short supply

  1. #1
    Unobtanium EE_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    15,058
    Thanks
    973
    Thanked 7,418 Times in 4,217 Posts

    Silver in short supply

    TRUMP WILL WIN BY A LANDSLIDE!
    You can forget about making America great again, it ain't gonna happen.

    The NWO is here, and you all stood in line for it!

  2. #2
    Unobtanium mick silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    coolville
    Posts
    19,797
    Thanks
    9,936
    Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,832 Posts

    Re: Silver in short supply

    sold out and the price keeps dropping like a rock in water
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

    STOP F*CKING WITH US.

  3. #3
    Great Value Carrots Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,409
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

    Re: Silver in short supply

    Apmex still has hundreds of thousands of ounces available, and tens of thousands in smaller quantities (1-oz rounds and 10-oz bars). During the late 2008 price plummet to $8, they had no 1-oz or 10-oz generic bullion products available. None. My local guy had some, but refused to sell them. Now that's a silver shortage.

  4. #4
    Great Value Carrots
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,521
    Thanks
    2,935
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,214 Posts

    Re: Silver in short supply

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Apmex still has hundreds of thousands of ounces available, and tens of thousands in smaller quantities (1-oz rounds and 10-oz bars). During the late 2008 price plummet to $8, they had no 1-oz or 10-oz generic bullion products available. None. My local guy had some, but refused to sell them. Now that's a silver shortage.
    We don't know what Apmex has in stock, we only know what they say they have in stock. Many of the big bullion dealers are owned by banksters who have a motive to keep prices down.

  5. #5
    Great Value Carrots Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,409
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

    Re: Silver in short supply

    Quote Originally Posted by hoarder View Post
    We don't know what Apmex has in stock, we only know what they say they have in stock. Many of the big bullion dealers are owned by banksters who have a motive to keep prices down.
    In 2008, they got so bad they admitted they didn't have any in stock.

  6. #6
    Great Value Carrots Silver Rocket Bitches!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    2,942
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 1,116 Times in 586 Posts

    Re: Silver in short supply

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    In 2008, they got so bad they admitted they didn't have any in stock.
    I don't believe they had none in stock. They simply refused to sell at that price. Any silver that could be found in Fall 2008 had 40% premiums attached. I went to coin shows back then and there was plenty of supply but you had to pay $13/ozt and many times they wouldn't sell unless you bought quantity.
    everything we learn changes that which we know to be true

  7. #7
    Moderator madfranks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,682
    Thanks
    7,256
    Thanked 7,942 Times in 3,961 Posts

    Re: Silver in short supply

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Apmex still has hundreds of thousands of ounces available, and tens of thousands in smaller quantities (1-oz rounds and 10-oz bars). During the late 2008 price plummet to $8, they had no 1-oz or 10-oz generic bullion products available. None. My local guy had some, but refused to sell them. Now that's a silver shortage.
    I have found that APMEX has been running out of product for short periods of time, but appear to have no problems getting more back in stock after a few weeks. Lately I've been buying Geiger Edmetalle bars from them, and they consistently run out for weeks at a time. But it's nothing like 2008, not yet at least.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

  8. #8
    Great Value Carrots Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,409
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

    Re: Silver in short supply

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Rocket Bitches! View Post
    I don't believe they had none in stock. They simply refused to sell at that price. Any silver that could be found in Fall 2008 had 40% premiums attached. I went to coin shows back then and there was plenty of supply but you had to pay $13/ozt and many times they wouldn't sell unless you bought quantity.
    I don't doubt that. My point is that they weren't selling at those prices, either because they didn't have any, or because the retail industry knew that the paper price had gotten too distorted. I'm just saying that the current "shortage" doesn't yet measure up to the 2008 situation.

    Another thing: One of the alleged things that created the retail "unavailability" was that there was a high demand for large delivery bars at the time (you know, like what SLV has to purchase when their paper price gets high compared to the bullion price). The smaller retail stuff was being scooped up for refinement to fill this demand. I know there's a lot of skepticism about SLV and GLD, and I understand the concern, but ultimately these are the vehicles that the big boys use which move the market. It happened 2009-2011, and I suspect it will happen again at an even greater scale in the future.

  9. #9
    Administrator JohnQPublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    8,875
    Thanks
    889
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,328 Posts

    Re: Silver in short supply

    Quote Originally Posted by mick silver View Post
    sold out and BECAUSE the price keeps dropping like a rock in water
    fixed it for you.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnQPublic For This Useful Post:

    mick silver (24th September 2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •