Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think. 100 oz silver bar or 1 oz gold???

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

What do you guys think. 100 oz silver bar or 1 oz gold???

I'm considering another investment in metals... need to get rid of about 3000.00 cash.

considering:
    1oz platinum
    1 oz palladium
    1 oz gold

or 2 oz gold and some silver coin

or... any suggetions

I'm betting gold will double sometime in 2017

silver should also double or more by then...?
    ----------

http://indigopreciousmetals.com/news...g-august-2015/

Gold – What Now? Posted 3rd August Gold elected the Monthly Bearish at 1155 and we did so well below that level, holding the 1084 number both weekly and monthly. Our energy models are turning positive, so it does not appear that we will have major follow-through at this time. When you elect a Bearish Reversal that far from the number, you typically bounce back to retest it before proceeding further.
    We have a Directional Change back to back for August, September, and July. So, we may see a reaction to the upside to flush out the shorts since we have excessive bearishness building in the press, as the WSJ commented that gold is the “pet rock”. A reaction rally at this point BEFORE new lows will relieve the short positions, but this is not likely to last beyond September. Therefore, we are more likely than not going to see the final decline stage into the Benchmarks. Gold is within the channel so the resistance is forming at the 1155 level followed by 1225-1300. Support will remain at 1084 on a closing basis with key support at 900.

IPM Group - Conclusion and further analysis

Ok, so according to Armstrong's computer generated cycles we are now very close in Time to completing this large correction in the Gold price which has been over 3 years in the making. We are about to start the first real bull market in Gold (in his words) with the price of the metal rising in all world currencies.
    The final downside spike from here (US$ 1,080) is looking at between 15 % to 20 % ? in US$ terms - remember this is very important as US$ is appreciating against all world currencies and hence purchasing Gold in Sing$ or Myr or any other particular currency, you could see actual gains from here against the purchasing currency (lows already seen ?).

Armstrong is talking about a substantial appreciation of the US$ going into this crisis from now into 2016 and early 2017.

Upside to Gold is between more than doubling your money from here (wealth preservation indeed) and up to 5 times (or more?) over the period of the cycle.
    This is not sensationalism, I am just clearly defining the paramaters in which his cycles (which have been incredibly accurate) are dictating.
    As Armstrong Cycles stated...
    From the longer-term perspective, gold rallied perfectly in line with our long-term cyclical models bottoming in 19 years during 1999 following the 1980 high at $875. From there, Gold rallied for 13 years, which was also precisely on track establishing the highest annual closing at $1675.80 in 2012 with the intraday high remaining during the previous year 2011 at $1920.80 in line with the low in the Economic Confidence model.
    Switching into a long-term perspective gold is poised for its final high on this run in the year 2032. New highs should also be seen in 2017 and 2020 against the US$ from cycle lows in 2015. Panic Cycle Models suggest that higher volatility is due the year of 2017.

Further Analysis ...Something passed my inbox which piqued my interest on behalf of further gold analysis......Please see their link here by the NIA which have posted some nice charts.

http://indigopreciousmetals.com/medi...old-vs-rms.jpg

Based on America’s latest Real Money Supply (RMS) made up of total US checkable deposits, total US savings deposits, and US currency in circulation (currency component of M1) – and the historical ratio of the RMS to the price of gold – we are able to estimate gold’s fair value, along with its worst case scenario downside risk, and best case scenario upside potential.

In September 2011 when gold reached its record nominal high of $1,895 per ounce, the RMS was $8.007 trillion. Since then, the RMS has grown by 36.3% to $10.911 trillion vs. gold declining by 42.5% to $1,089.40 per ounce.

The RMS/Gold Ratio has increased from a low in September 2011 of 4.23 to 10.02 today. Since 1975, the RMS/Gold Ratio has ranged from a January 1980 low of 0.675 to an April 2003 high of 12.91, with a long-term median of 5.70.

In NIA’s opinion, the 40-year median RMS/Gold Ratio of 5.70 represents gold’s fair value, the record high RMS/Gold Ratio of 12.91 represents gold’s worst case scenario downside risk, and the record low RMS/Gold Ratio of 0.675 represents gold’s best case scenario upside potential.

Based on the long-term median RMS/Gold Ratio of 5.70, gold has a fair value today of $1,914 per ounce. Already, gold’s 2011 high of $1,895 per ounce with a RMS/Gold Ratio of 4.23, would equal a gold price today of $2,580 per ounce. In a worst case scenario for gold, if the RMS/Gold Ratio returned to the record high from 2003 of 12.91, it would equal a gold price today of $845 per ounce.

While gold’s worst case scenario downside risk is $845 per ounce, let’s take a look at its best case scenario upside. When gold first reached $850 per ounce in 1980, the RMS was only $574 billion for a RMS/Gold Ratio of 0.675. Today, a RMS/Gold Ratio of 0.675 gives gold best case scenario upside potential of $16,165 per ounce.

Therefore, from gold’s settlement price yesterday of $1,089.40 per ounce, it currently has worst case scenario downside risk of 22.43% and best case scenario upside potential of 1,383.84%. Gold’s upside potential is 61.7X greater than its downside risk. Gold’s fair value is 75.7% above yesterday’s settlement price.

Protect your wealth; invest in physical gold, silver or other precious metals at best prices from Indigo Precious Metals. Physical delivery in Singapore, Malaysia or safe storage at Free port Singapore.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Re: What do you guys think. 100 oz silver bar or 1 oz gold???

100 oz of silver, no contest. Silver will gain more than gold during the next run up.

However, keep it to 10 oz bars, no 100 oz bars.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

ximmy (5th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

I agree with madfranks, silver yes, 5 or 10 oz. bars.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    100 oz of silver, no contest. Silver will gain more than gold during the next run up.

However, keep it to 10 oz bars, no 100 oz bars.
    Thanks MF, they say not to keep 100 ouncers, but I have bought and sold them and they are very handy to transfer around, except for weight.

I packaged and sold one to Provident metals for a great price, then re-bought other things.

I guess I am saying I have found them handy for trading.

I have, literally, stacks of engelhard 10 oz'ers. Most of my coins are in tubes so they are in 20 or 25 oz sizes.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

I also have bought and sold a 100 oz. bar. I sold it to Northwest Territorial Mint, and believe it or not they deposited the money in my account in 3 days. I have not attempted to buy from them because of their reputation.

I sold to them because they were paying more than APMEX at that time.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

Thanks
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,310 Posts

Silver in whatever form you can purchase closest to spot.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

mick silver (9th November 2015),ximmy (5th November 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,124 Times in 607 Posts

I think the answer depends upon how much gold you already own. I think a good target is to own at least an ounce of gold for every 100 ounces of silver. As a minimum, you should own at least 1 ounce of gold for every 500 ounces of silver. Otherwise it's too many eggs in one basket, even though I agree it's likely that silver will experience a greater percent increase from here. Something unexpected could happen.

You should also be diversified within silver. You should own some of:
    -Generic silver rounds
    -Sovereign silver coins (American Eagles, Canadian Maples, etc.)
    -90% silver U.S. coins
    -10-ounce bars

You can be concentrated in any of these, but I'd advise owning at least 10% of your ounces in each of these four categories, even if your split is 10-10-10-10-X, where X represents some "other" category (like collectible/numismatic). (Thinking of those America The Beautiful coins...)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparky For This Useful Post:

madfranks (5th November 2015),ximmy (5th November 2015)

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I think the answer depends upon how much gold you already own. I think a good target is to own at least an ounce of gold for every 100 ounces of silver. As a minimum, you should own at least 1 ounce of gold for every 500 ounces of silver. Otherwise it's too many eggs in one basket, even though I agree it's likely that silver will experience a greater percent increase from here. Something unexpected could happen.

You should also be diversified within silver. You should own some of:
    -Generic silver rounds
    -Sovereign silver coins (American Eagles, Canadian Maples, etc.)
    -90% silver U.S. coins
    -10-ounce bars

You can be concentrated in any of these, but I'd advise owning at least 10% of your ounces in each of these four categories, even if your split is 10-10-10-10-X, where X represents some "other" category (like collectible/numismatic). (Thinking of those America The Beautiful coins...)

I was just thinking to get some more Morgans... and I'm probably weakest in silver dollars, so I will look for those.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

All the gold you can carry and a plane ticket to Paraguay, be jewish.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Horn For This Useful Post:

Unobtanium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    All the gold you can carry and a plane ticket to Paraguay, be jewish.
    Thank you Horn, I can always count on you for clear identifiable counseling and a musically theatrical accompaniment in your replies.