Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 8,354 Times in 5,117 Posts

Re: 150 Militia Take Over Makhuer National Wildlife Preserve Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    A one hour video proving LaVoy Finicum was murdered

https://youtu.be/4T4-21ji_ZA
    Video expert Peter Offerman's analysis of the videos done by Casey Runyan:

links to Offermans website are at the bottom of the article.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2373...5607720564555/

Bill Goode

8 hrs

The following text is a comment from Peter Offerman on the video analysis of LaVoy's murder done by Casey Runyan, and posted here originally last 18 September by Mary Schumpf, and again 23 September by Eric Andrew Wilkinson and Dan H. Bailey.

Peter Offerman is a video expert, who has done a frame by frame analysis of both the FBI video an Shawna Cox's video, as they were released by the FBI. Peter's analysis shows there were missing frames in both releases. In addition Peter's analysis shows the FBI video was a composite of two videos.

Following is Peter's commentary on Casey's two videos:
    "Hi George Schumpf... Thanks for sending the links. Although the videos are well prepared and appear to support Lavoy's cause I think they are an attempt to keep the focus away from more damning facts.

"The truck approach is pretty well done. The 3 pauses of braking are probably the result of an anti-lock braking system which modern vehicles come with not any specific action of Lavoy's. When attempting to stop in a hurry jamming on the brakes and holding them on causes a vehicle to go into an uncontrolled skid so modern vehicles moderate braking by automatically pumping the brakes on hard braking at speed in an attempt to retain control. A trained driver in such a situation would manually pump the brakes.

"I don't buy the explanation of the 3 shots as the truck approached. One of my last posts looks at the angles involved and shows that these could not be responsible for the bullet holes in the truck.

"What does this explanation conceal?

"It is far more justifiable to shoot at a speeding vehicle as it approaches a road block, while accelerating, as incorrectly stated by the officers involved, than it is for an officer to run out in front of an almost stopped vehicle and shoot at the driver. All 3 bullet holes found were the result of this later murderous attempt and not the result of the officers shooting at the truck as it approached. They may well have also shot at the truck as it approached but these later shots did the damage to the truck.

"The explanation regarding the shots at Lavoy, after he gets out of the truck, is not credible at all. What it instead does is avoid any mention of significant events that happened as Lavoy got out of the truck. How and why was the shot through the roof of the cab caused? The explanation based on a few clues left behind by sloppy video editing makes it obvious there is missing time in the video at this point. This missing time is very damning because it implicates not just the officers at the scene but also those that had possession of the video before it was made public. No lab tech would make such alterations without authorization from higher ups. It totally destroys the credibility of the authorities evidence and testimony.

"During this time period I pointed out some of the anomalies in the video such as the shooting stand that appears in one frame without being seen put in place or taken away to where it is very obvious in many frames both before and after. This is physically impossible and proves time is missing. The shot through the cab roof occurred from this stand. We should have seen the stand being put in place, the shooter getting on it, taking his shot, getting off it, moving it away afterwards. That we don't see this supports what Shawna says that Lavoy stood in the door of the truck for a period talking to the officers before moving away from the truck.

"The shots taken while Lavoy was standing there at the truck, complying with the officers, are responsible for his fast movement away from the truck. The one through the cab roof came from behind him while he was cooperating with his hands in the air. Would you duck for cover if this happened? This shot is irrefutable evidence of the murderous intent of the authorities.

"If you reviewed my analysis of the trajectories of the 3 shots that actually hit Lavoy it is obvious that the second shot (autopsy shot 2) which occured during this period, actually hit Lavoy. There is no one in a position to cause a wound with this trajectory once Lavoy gets to where he is dropped.

"In my analysis I looked very closely at the actions of the supposed shooter of the foam bullet and his actions do not fit this explanation. The officer on the ground does not move to that location to take a shot. The movement is a second officer moving past him to get into position behind Lavoy's truck. The officer on the ground, appearing to crouch, is the officer who ran out in front of the truck as it came to a stop, who was knocked to the ground by the wave of snow thrown up by the truck. That we do not see him get into this position is another indicator of missing time in the video.

"What I saw on close examination was that he was on the ground just getting up from being knocked down. He was facing towards the roadblock, not uphill. He braces himself with his left arm and swings his right arm in front of himself for balance in order to get up from the ground. He then moves into the center of the roadblock in a crouched position because other officers are aiming at the truck over his head and he is trying to stay out of the line of fire.

"I detailed thoroughly his movements after his point as his movements make it obvious of more missing time in the video. The reason for the missing time here is that while he is moving Lavoy arrives at the location where he was gunned down. The foam bullet attempts to hide the fact of another shot (autopsy shot 1) that hits Lavoy in the back while he has his hand in the air and is cooperating with the officer he is facing. The missing time mostly hides Lavoy's physical response to being hit by a bullet from behind him.

"Regards, Peter"

Peter Offerman's own analysis that he refers to may be seen at http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/?s=lavoy

https://towardsabetterworld.com/blog/?s=lavoy

8 Likes3 Comments3 Shares

LikeCommentShare

The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

2. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (28th September 2016)

Thanks
    Rangefire Todd Macfarlane

DAY 17 Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The trial schedule this week is a little strange. Normally, the trial week is Monday through Thursday. But this week, with Columbus Day, which is a federal holiday, there was no court on Monday. Likewise, there will be no court on Wednesday because of the Jewish Holiday, Yom Kippur, which starts at sundown on Tuesday, October 11, and ends at sundown on Wednesday, October 12. Attorney Mathew Shindler, who represents Defendant Kenneth Medenbach, brought this to the court's attention.

Otherwise, Tuesday was a whirlwind day in the trial, with some 13 witnesses taking the stand, many for just minutes. But there were several key witnesses. One was the FBI's paid informant, Terry Linnell. She testified that the FBI hired and paid her to go the Refuge, and just be herself to fit in. She cooked and cleaned, and did her best to fit in, but she testified she didn't observe any illegal activities. This is a link to Terri Linnell’s full story. terri-linnell-story

Another witness that seemed to take some wind out of the court's sails was Mathew Deadredge. On cross-examination, the prosecution asked him if it wasn't true that he had posted an on-line petition to impeach Judge Brown. On redirect examination, he said it was because of the obvious corruption, bias, and the fact that Judge Brown would not allow any discussion of the constitution during the trial. According to multuple observers, Judge Brown seemed very uncomfortable to be called-out so straight-forwardly.

The spouses of Defendants Ryan Bundy and Shawna Cox testified that when Ryan and Shawna had left home to go to Burns for the Hammond Protest Rally, there were no plans or discussions about occupying the refuge. They testified that both Ryan and Shawna were planning to go straight up and back, and barely took an extra change of clothes. They were both planning on one day travel to get there. One day there, and one day back. Angie Bundy testified that Ryan told her he would be back on Monday (January 4th) at the latest. This testimony was introduced to counter the Government's theory that there was some grand conspiracy.

Witness testimony wrapped up with Defendant Kenneth Medenbach testifying. He testified that he felt common cause with the issues Bundys were trying to address at the Refuge, and felt prompted to go there.

Otherwise, a psychologist also testified about David Fry, and testified that while he was still in Ohio, he had experienced a premonition that LaVoy Finicum would be killed, and he wanted to meet him before he died. She also testified that after Finicum was killed, Fry experienced a great bout of depression and hopelessness and went through a very dark time. For an in-depth profile on David Fry, and how such an unlikely person became the last hold-out at the Refuge, check-out this article about Fry in Outside Magazine.

For contrasting perspectives and reporting, you can also follow Maxine Bernstein for OregonLive, and Conrad Wilson for Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB), Bundy Court Sketches on Facebook, John Lamb on Facebook, Gary Hunt at Outpost for Freedom and Redoubt News.

At RANGEFIRE! we believe in the need for alternative voices to mainstream media commentary and coverage of these issues.

RANGE / RANGEFIRE! — Addressing Issues Facing the West / Spreading America’s Cowboy Spirit Beyond the Outback
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (12th October 2016),midnight rambler (12th October 2016),Tumbleweed (12th October 2016)

Thanks

Malheur Protest witness: "impeach Judge Anna Brown"

This is a very revealing video. Jake Morphonios's relates his experiences with being harrassed by the FBI while attending LaVoy Finicum's funeral. That is when he met Matt Deatherage.

https://youtu.be/-XDzTaAkph0

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (12th October 2016),Tumbleweed (12th October 2016)

Thanks

Mark McConnell and Melvin Lee, traitors to their fellow men. I wonder if this Melvin Lee is from the Southern Nevada Lee family?

Mark West, The answer to your question: they are cowards and informants, the lowest form of humanity.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...05197502_o.jpg

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (12th October 2016),Tumbleweed (12th October 2016)

Thanks

John Lamb's video report of the Oct. 11 afternoon session of the Malheur Protest trial

https://youtu.be/qBqRAQ-noig

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (12th October 2016)

Thanks

Outpost of Freedom posted Teri "Mama Bear" Linnell's letter

http://outpost-of-freedom.com/blog/?p=1707

Burns Chronicles No 32 – Terri Linnell (Mama Bear)

http://outpost-of-freedom.com/blog/w...rrilinnell.jpg
    Gary Hunt
    Outpost of Freedom
    October 12, 2016

{October 6, 2015}

On Friday, September 30, 2016, I received a phone call from someone I had spoken with before. This call, however, brought to light the extent of the government’s efforts, often misguided, to do what the country used only to do to foreign nations and enemies. Now, it has become a modern practice of government to pay people to infiltrate and inform. It works even better when infiltration is not necessary, as that person is already considered a member of the community that is the target of the spying. Now, that is a rather harsh word, but the tactics of government can be considered nothing less than any other form of spying, throughout the ages.

Nowadays, they have access to almost all electronic media, where the can grab phone conversations, emails, Facebook pages, and any other internet communications. They have parabolic microphones that can listen to conversations from over 100 yards away. They have bugs, electronic listening devices that require no wiring and have a battery life of days, weeks, or even months.

They still, however, want someone who can testify, when necessary, and gather information that is not random, as with other methods, but can be directed, by asking questions. And, this is about one of those human resources, aka “CI” or confidential informant.

That phone call and some email correspondence eventually resulted in a quasi-affidavit as to the role that this person played in the recent events of Burns, Oregon.

Now, don’t jump to conclusions. It is rather ironic that the government subsidized a patriot’s trip to Burns to cook for the very people that were to be spied upon. All expenses were paid, and at the conclusion; a cash windfall was also provided.

But, let’s hear the story from the other party in that phone call. This is her story:

To Whom It May Concern:

I, Terri R. Linnell, aka Momma Bear, swear and affirm everything here is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Now many of you think I’m a fed, or informant, or whatever because of rumors created by Jaime M. Hawley, aka Jaime Spears Aldazabal in 2014. That’s simply not true, but those rumors later did give me the ability to take advantage of a unique opportunity, which I did do.

In March of 2015, a year later, I had 2 officers, stating they were US Marshalls, come to my house to ask me questions about Jack Farrell of one of the Carolina’s, whom I had met at a protest in DC in May of 2014. He was a young man who was very impulsive. In December of 2014 he had shot two people in the back of the head and stolen their car to see his girlfriend in another state. I know of nobody who felt his actions were in anyway acceptable, so I sat down with these officers. Eventually the topic led to the real reason they were there… the militia. Specifically, the militia he belonged to. They read me a list of names, of which I knew none, except one. I suspected the one was a test question for honesty, so I admitted to knowing Manny Vega and explained everyone knows him. If you’ve been to DC to protest, he’s there. I later called Manny and told him. The one US Marshal told me he was a local Detective, and double badged.

Later in the summer of 2015 I started meeting with the Detective, and one woman of the FBI, I will call ‘Martha’, who turned out to actually be the local Domestic Terrorism Team in San Diego. I saw both their badges on that first meeting and both worked on the team as a Joint Task Force. Since then I’ve met several times with the woman and she always brings a second person, but that person differs from meeting to meeting. The Detective is no longer at any meetings. Only the first few he was there. We have a regular meeting spot in a shopping center.

They track local groups, such as Militia, Oathkeepers, III%, Sovereign Citizens, Black Lives Matter, Occupy, KKK, as part of their jobs. I was asked to go to OathKeeper meetings and report back my thoughts on their leader. I did so. I reported he was very nice. A leader who clearly did not have any nefarious intentions. I never once saw him break the law, or attempt to do so. It wasn’t his style. The group was quite small, and nobody was what is called a sovereign citizen.

A III% group opened up in our area and I joined. I worked my way up to potentially the leader. When I told the DT Team I was up for nomination, they told me I couldn’t lead it and still work with them. It would create a conflict of interest if anything were to go to court, or if anything went wrong with any of the members they would be held responsible with me as a leader. At that point my decision was to lead if I was asked, and break it off with the DT Team. I was not nominated, so I continued working with the DT team. Why do you ask would I have taken the position? To get a good group of people started in the right direction and find a leader once the group was established to take over.

On January 2, 2016, Ammon Bundy had moved his protest to the Refuge. I notified ‘Martha’, but that’s all. She asked me to follow it. I sent her public articles.

I wanted to go so bad. I was very sick and had barely not been hospitalized. My doctor said on Friday if I hadn’t seen him when I did, it would have been full pneumonia by the end of the weekend. Then my son had totaled my car. My husband was putting in a new tranny in a car we had just bought. Between Christmas, the doctor bills, and the car, we were flat broke. God just was stopping me dead in my tracks. Ugh.

Later ‘Martha’ told me they were considering sending me to the compound, which is what she called the Refuge in Oregon. By then I had a running car and I was well. I jumped at the chance. Finally, God was letting me go! By this time, I was hearing reports from the movement that it was a no fly zone, and that all 911 services were removed from the area, including to the neighboring ranchers. I did not get this verified with ‘Martha’. I can’t recall if I even asked her.

On the day before I left, a Monday, January 11, 2016, I met with ‘Martha’ for a situation type update and a briefing on the rules, etc. She gave me $1000 cash for the trip. I was to keep receipts. I was allowed up to $80 a day for a hotel. Food expenses were so lavish, I don’t even remember the amount it was so ridiculous.

The situation on the ground according to ‘Martha’ was they were very concerned there was a bad influence on Ammon Bundy. Their attempts to get any informants into the compound failed. She was very concerned if I stayed at the compound I’d be found out. She was also concerned for my safety. I assured her I would have no problem. She eventually was ok with me going to the refuge, but I know she was very worried for me. ‘Martha’ also told me not to carry a gun there. Absolutely not. Although I always carry at a protest, I conceded and went along with it, but we did compromise to let me travel with my gun, since I was a woman driving there alone. I should point out, I drive, not fly. I travel alone most of the time and I am not comfortable without my car. I prefer to arrive and leave when I choose, and not be reliant on others.

I woke up in the dark the next morning on the 12th and started my drive. When I stopped for a rest I would call ‘Martha’ and tell her where I was. Many of the miles I couldn’t even get my Pandora to work the cell reception was so horrible. I remember seeing a sign saying not to use cellular devices in such a remote location I could see no houses and had no reception. What a waste of a sign. I went through California, then Nevada, and dropped into Oregon.

Once I hit Oregon on the 78 West, I was pulled over by a State Trooper. The first thing she told me was everything was being recorded and pointed to her body cam. I was going 75. She told me the speed limit was 55. I was honestly surprised, because I try my best to read all the signs, especially those when I enter a new state. That’s often times when speed limits change. Somehow I had missed it, I guess. She let me off with a warning and told me basically the whole state was 55. I immediately set my cruise control for 55 when I returned to speed. (Pls note the speed limit said 65 on the photo of Devine Pass) I then hit my next turn, the 205. Google maps told me to take a right. I did, even though I saw a previous sign saying the refuge was to make a left. The 205 ended up turning into the 395, called the Devine Pass. It was drop dead beautiful there. Well named, because it did look like God had truly touched the earth. Windy roads, tall pine trees, and beautiful rock formations jutting out on the steep cliffs. I never knew those type of formations were in any other state besides Utah. As the sun set it started to snow. This was only my second time ever driving in the snow. My first time was many years ago in Pennsylvania when I was 16 and my dad was sitting next to me, teaching me what to look for in snowy conditions. As the snow got thicker on the road I kept going slower and slower. It was pitch dark. I was down to about 20 mph, white knuckling it, almost sweating, when a car zoomed past me. The snow blew away! Well, I then realized it was what they call powder and increased my speed.

This is about the time I realized I was lost. I was supposed to have been there by now. Once I got out of the pass and saw signs of life, I found a man driving a snow plow. He told me he didn’t know where the refuge was, but thought it was maybe the back in which I had come. Ugh. I called into the refuge for directions, because I did know the phone number of one person there. Reception was still very spotty. As I was driving back down through Devine Pass, I asked the woman to text me the directions, because I would receive the texts when I got reception. This helped a lot and I finally made it there. I had been about 50 or so miles in the other direction. I was on empty, but knew if I needed gas, there would be some at the protest site and wasn’t worried. Large protests like these get plenty of supplies with each person bringing extra of what they have for others. I met those in the chow hall and was assigned a bunk. There was one other man in my room, and a couple. I was almost immediately told there was a real Judge and two US Marshals also staying at the protest. I was curious about that, but would figure it all out later.

The next day, the 13th, I found out there was a gas station only 6 miles away. I got a list of what was needed for the Chow Hall and left. I stopped for gas and then went into the town of Burns. For a town with only a few thousand people, it was much larger than I expected. I live in a town 5 times that size and still only have one main street for all the shopping. I suspect I was followed there by the ‘Judge’. Once his truck left, I called ‘Martha’ to tell her I arrived safely. Then I got the groceries and supplies needed. I spent about $150.

On one of these beginning days, one of the local ranchers did a big barbeque for us with all the fixings. I talked with him, thanking him. He had butchered a pig for us, and smoked it at home. We had a large spread of delicious cole slaw (which is the first time I ever liked cole slaw), smoked pig, and numerous other delicious foods. Everyone was there along with some other ranchers. We probably had a good 80 people come and go.

The 14th I went to town again, with Deb and Corey. Deb and I picked up a tail at the grocery store. There was only one in town. Corey was in the store with us and told us to hurry up, that we were being watched. I looked around and did see a man in a suit watching us. By the time we got out to the parking lot, a police car drove by while we were unloading groceries. We got in the car to go to Deb’s bank. The police car must have doubled back on us, because he was behind us before we got to the bank. He turned on his lights. I pulled over in the bank parking lot. Deb went to the bank, while I got out of my car and dealt with the police. Corey stayed in the car. The officer said my tail light was out. I was again surprised. He didn’t write me a ticket, he just asked me what I was in town for, where I was staying, etc. I was surprised at the question, so he said they were trying to pay attention to who was where because of all the hubbub. I told him I was staying with friends in town, that I came because of all the news, but I didn’t know what the address was I was staying at. By then Deb was out of the bank, talking with the other officer. I walked up to Deb and asked her if we had our friends address in town. She said she didn’t know either. Then I walked back to the officer who I was talking to and we struck up small talk. He said he had come from nine hours away, and pointed towards his truck. I said wow, that must be hard on your department to handle things at home with so many officers away. We all wrapped up the convos and I drove back to the protest. I do not know what would have happened if we had said we were part of the protest, but I do think at a minimum we would have been brought in for questioning, so did Corey and Deb.

That night Melissa told me Jaime Hawley was coming the next day. I was furious. She’s a gossip queen and has no business at a protest like this. Please realize, gossip is a sin worthy enough for the Bible, and I’ve come to find out personally from Jaime how sinister it is when she accused me of being a fed two years previous. Jaime is the type of person who thrives on discord, and if a situation were ever to occur, she’d be standing in the middle of it, crying like a toddler, lost and frozen, only thinking of herself, not able to take a direction from anyone… and I bet my bottom dollar she’d be at the bottom of the gossip, covered in a nest of lies and half truths. She always has food for everyone, pays for campsites, her own cabin, etc. Jaime also keeps in constant contact with the protester she’s going to meet up with during her drive. In this case, it was Melissa Cooper.

On Friday the 15th , (I thought it was Saturday, but arrest records say it was Friday) Melissa Cooper and a couple others went into town. She kept telling me how great it was because they sent the stickers for the trucks to the refuge, so they could drive them on the road. I was in the chow hall when the call came in that Ken had been arrested for driving the truck. The other man was safe, but needed picked up. It got real hectic quick. I said I would go get him, and grabbed my stuff. The guys didn’t want me taking anyone with them, because they worried their militia gear would not look good. I grabbed a media person, Jon, and left. He thought for sure he’d be arrested. I said no, it’s just a retrieval, we’ll be fine. Please note, I was not immune from the law. If I did something wrong, I would have been arrested, ticketed, etc. I was required to follow the law. If I did get picked up for any reason, I was to just give them my name and keep my mouth shut. The FBI would at some point see my name, and take care of it. I’m still scratching my head over the fact that I could have been picked up merely for going to a protest, but that was the atmosphere.

Jaime arrived late that afternoon. Kricket had driven Jaime from Vegas, and apparently Jaime flew from FL to Vegas to meet up with Kricket. Everyone knew how I felt, so when I confronted Jaime on the lies and gossip she’s said against me, and told her to leave, she was ushered into the Coopers room. She did not come out until Blaine came out, yelling, obviously upset, and told us that his kids were taken by CPS. They were supposed to be coming for a visit to see their parents that weekend. Jaime was standing behind Blaine, sniffling, with tears in her eyes.

When I went out by the fire after dinner, several of the guys said to me I was right… the drama came with Jaime, just as I’d predicted. The next day Jaime came out to fill her plate with breakfast, and she and Kricket left at around 11 am. I heard they stayed in a hotel in Burns and did not return to Vegas, where Kricket lived.

Continued . . . . .

Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (20th October 2016)

Thanks

Shari Dovale, Redoubt News Oct. 19 Malheur Protest trial

http://redoubtnews.com/2016/10/20/ma...t-prosecution/

Malheur 7 – The Petulant Prosecution

THE JURY WAS GIVEN THE CASE AT THE END OF THE DAY, AND THEY WILL BE IN THURSDAY MORNING TO BEGIN THEIR WORK.

October 20, 2016 BLM, DHS, DOJ, Featured, government, Oregon

http://redoubtnews.com/wp-content/up...er-800x150.jpg

http://i2.wp.com/redoubtnews.com/wp-...size=678%2C249

Malheur 7 – The Petulant Prosecution

by Shari Dovale

Wednesday began the remaining closing arguments from the defendants and their attorneys in the Malheur Protest Trial in Portland.
    The prosecution acted like spoiled, petulant children with continuing objections through out. During Ryan Bundy’s quiet, yet powerful speech, the prosecution must have felt the jury responding because they had to break the flow and get the attention back on them.

http://redoubtnews.com/wp-content/up...an-300x236.jpe

First, Ryan told everyone he was not allowed to show a slide of the Constitution. That brought on the first objection. I’m not real sure what the grounds were other than him ratting out their tantrum to the jury.

He then attempted to quote a portion of Articles 4 & 6, but that brought another objection. Judge Anna Brown sustained the objection and reminded Ryan that he cannot read from the Constitution. She has repeatedly given orders that no one is allowed to ‘interpret’ law in her courtroom, and reading from the Constitution violates that directive.

It has been explained to me that closing arguments are typically the opportunity for each side to make their case. They are allowed to argue their theory of the case, even though the other side does not agree. I am told that it is almost unheard of to object during these arguments.

The defense did not object when the prosecution told untruths, they just rebutted when it came time for their turn. The prosecution, however, cannot contain themselves if it seems their case is swirling around the drain.

http://i2.wp.com/redoubtnews.com/wp-...size=292%2C300
    Shawna Cox

Tiffany Harris spoke for Shawna Cox next and gave an excellent presentation. She was very eloquent and presented several very important points.

She talked about the government picking winners and losers, and how this could be why they did not charge any Harney County residents in this case. It does not fit their narrative of ‘outsiders’ coming in to take over the county.

The government does not want you to know that Harney County used to be one of the most prosperous counties, yet now is one of the poorest. They don’t want anyone reminded that this economic disaster happened while the Federal government had control of about 75% of the county.

“Hold the government to it’s burden,” Harris said. They need to prove the charge they have or pick a charge they CAN prove.

The prosecution seemed to really be gunning for Harris with the numerous objections, but, she held her own quite well.

Per Olson represented David Fry very well in the closing arguments. Telling of the events on January 26th, he described David as being in great distress because what he feared most had happened. LaVoy Finicum had been murdered by the FBI, so he heard.

Olson explained that the government had not really challenged their theory. All they had really done is a bunch of mudslinging to sully the defendants.
    Robert Salsbury, defending Jeff Banta, asked “How can you have a criminal partnership or agreement with someone

http://i1.wp.com/redoubtnews.com/wp-...size=274%2C300

you never met? You can’t!” Explaining that Banta had only arrived at the Refuge on January 25, 2016, the night before LaVoy Finicum was shot by law enforcement, Banta had not had the opportunity to even meet most of the protesters, let alone form an agreement to commit a crime.

Banta, who had never taken part in a protest in his life, was only there to meet, and hopefully help, the Hammond family.

Salsbury, who described a confidential informant as the “Fabulous Fabio” went on to say that the government was not here to find the truth. The government thinks they can prove the case just by saying so, not by actual evidence.

The government, and Judge Anna Brown, had an opportunity to yell at two defense attorneys in one objection. The prosecution first objected to Salsbury’s commentary, but when Per Olson jumped up to defend the attorney, Judge Brown yelled for him to “Sit Down!” That particular objection was unusual in another way as it ended up being actually overruled.

http://i2.wp.com/redoubtnews.com/wp-...size=249%2C300
    Kenneth Medenbach
    Mathew Schindler gave an outstanding argument on behalf of Kenneth Medenbach. Medenbach was not in the courtroom this week due to medical treatments he is undergoing. He is sure to hear of the terrific job that Schindler did in front of the jury.

Explaining that farming and ranching is difficult enough already, but the government doesn’t care. This, naturally, received another objection. Always the most polite, Schindler just said, “Thank You” and moved on.

Schindler explains that the essence of the Rule of Law is enforcement. But, the FBI did not do anything to stop the protest. When the protesters were in town, the LEO’s would wave at them, or talk to them. The FBI went to church to worship with a leader of the protest and allowed him to walk away.
    Is it any wonder that everyone believes it was a legitimate protest? The FBI had more than enough opportunities to make things very uncomfortable for the group, including turning off their power supply, or their cell phone service. Even deliveries were regularly made to the refuge during the month of January.

When Representative Greg Walden addressed the US House on January 5, 2016, this seemed to confirm for Kenneth Medenbach that this was a lawful protest. He started crying, believing that after 21 years of civil disobedience on the Federal land issues, someone was finally listening.

Talking of the “Closed” sign that Medenbach placed on the door of their local BLM office, Schindler said, “Only the Federal Government can make a Federal case out of a sign that says CLOSED.”

“Look around,” Schindler said, pointing out the defendants. “Is that an army that’s going to scare the government?”

Lisa Maxfield described Neil Wampler as “an Old Hippy” during her closing argument.

http://i0.wp.com/redoubtnews.com/wp-...size=221%2C300
    Neil Wampler

She spoke of his 2 emails to Sheriff David Ward and reminded everyone that Ward never even turned those over to the FBI until after he heard Wampler had been arrested. Ward didn’t care about the emails, as he saw them as “clutter.”

Maxfield made some excellent points, including reminding the jury that the instructions only mention 2 specific agencies. The US Fish and Wildlife and the Bureau of Land Management are the only agencies mentioned as being “impeded”. Not the FBI and not Sheriff Ward.

Maxfield does admit that her client has a big mouth, but “If you are not going to offend someone, you don’t need the First Amendment.”

Craig Gabriel did not let any opportunity to disrupt the defense get past him. Ethan Knight was originally scheduled to give the final rebuttal, however, Gabriel must have really had his shorts in a twist because he jumped up to respond himself.

Beginning by reminding the jury just how dangerous this situation really was at the Refuge, after all they had a history from Bunkerville.

At one point, Ryan tried to object to the obvious misstatements by Gabriel, but Judge Brown shut him down by saying that he was allowed because this is “argument.” (Funny how that was good for the prosecution but not the defense.)

Gabriel did state during this argument that a Redress of Grievance is not a legal document. This was his implication as to why the defendants did not receive any responses from their elected officials. I do not think he has read the First Amendment.

http://i2.wp.com/redoubtnews.com/wp-...size=300%2C183

But Gabriel pushed on, trying to get as much reaction from the gallery as he was from the defense. At one point he calmly stated that the events on January 26th, in which LaVoy Finicum was murdered by Law Enforcement, was just a regular, basic traffic stop. So I guess every ‘regular’ traffic stop

has overhead video, roadblocks, marksmen in the http://i1.wp.com/redoubtnews.com/wp-...size=300%2C205

trees and 3 or 4 (who knows how many) times the number of LEOs needed.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Tumbleweed (20th October 2016)

Thanks

Jury sent home for the day, will begin deliberations again Monday morning.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...b7&oe=589FEB1C

17. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (22nd October 2016)

Thanks

Todd Macfarlane Week 6 Recap, predicting a hung jury

http://rangefire.us/2016/09/29/ongoi...-defense-case/

WEEK 6 RECAP, following Closing Arguments, as the case has been handed over to the jury, including my prediction that the trial will end in a Hung Jury.

For contrasting perspectives and reporting, you can also follow Maxine Bernstein for OregonLive, and Conrad Wilson for Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB), Bundy Court Sketches on Facebook, John Lamb on Facebook, Gary Hunt at Outpost for Freedom and Redoubt News.

At RANGEFIRE! we believe in the need for alternative voices to mainstream media commentary and coverage of these issues.

RANGE / RANGEFIRE! — Addressing Issues Facing the West / Spreading America’s Cowboy Spirit Beyond the Outback

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Bigjon (20th October 2016),Tumbleweed (20th October 2016)