Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6.5 Creedmore

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Re: 6.5 Creedmore

Quote Originally Posted by mick silver View Post
    I also have this one got it off a guy who didn't like the kick of the 7mm gun but to me it s good a gun as the ruger but cheaper in price http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11FCNS I also put this scope on the gun ... for the price it not bad done what I have needed ... http://www.opticsplanet.com/nikon-ri...ff-3-9x40.html . years ago the ammo was a lot cheaper then it is today but I got what needed a few years back... also watch out for cheap scope if you put one on a 7mm they will not last the jar from the gun will f them up... also if you like to shot a lot you will need one of they for the 7mm ... save you a lot of shoulder pain ...http://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Super...g+shoulder+pad
    I did find it necessary to have something for re-coil, with the 20 inch barrel shooting 308.

I used a bag of sunflower seeds - basically like sandbags, but much lighter. Made them for shooting on wild land (away from fancy stuff like front shooting rests). An athletic sock filled with sunflower seeds, tied off with wire.

But with the 24 inch barrel, the 308 is a completely different beast. (higher velocity, much less recoil)

I like the Savage rifles too.
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gunDriller For This Useful Post:

mick silver (11th February 2016)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,181 Times in 2,248 Posts

the club shooting friend I have spoken about runs Savage receivers with a Krieger barrel. I like. Nice stainless barrel. Not something you could go hunting with though, About 1" diameter.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Anytime I'm in doubt I go outside and give it a little shake.
    Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,395 Posts

Question Re: 6.5 Creedmore

Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    the club shooting friend I have spoken about runs Savage receivers with a Krieger barrel. I like. Nice stainless barrel. Not something you could go hunting with though, About 1" diameter.
    Do you mean a Savage lower receiver - AR15 or AR10 format ? Didn't know they made them.

Or a normal Savage rifle, like the 'trophy hunter' line, with a custom spec barrel ?
    Retired Director Morris Waxler says the FDA did not do their job for 15 years - and is not now.

HelpStopLASIK.com

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mick silver For This Useful Post:

Glass (12th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,010 Times in 2,836 Posts
    “Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~ Outlaw Josey Wales…

STOP F*CKING WITH US.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

No not an AR. Regular rifle action.
    Great minds discuss Ideas, Average minds discuss Events, Small minds discuss People. E.R.

Liberty Tree.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,636 Times in 3,208 Posts
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Unobtanium
    Thanks

I picked up a gun mag the other day and it had a precision chassis review in it. Was not one I have heard of before. A US manufacturer I cannot remember the name of.

I checked out their web site and I thought I book marked it but can't find it.

Here's a .223 on an XLR chassis.

Liberty Tree.

Unobtanium
    Thanks

I didn't post this for some reason.

Tikka T3 NLR Mistresss of Dangerous Things. NutNFancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDbn4xKdnQ

The Nailer. NLR.

What are thoughts on barrel fluting? Expecially that style. Don't usually see that style. I realise more surface area than straight flute. More metal removed as well. Lighter. Does that add weakness or reduce life? More cooling, increased life?

Liberty Tree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    I have been looking around for a new addition.

243 Winchester, 308. or 6.5 Creedmoor

I was leaning towards the 308 because it would not be another caliber to add to the collection.
    .308 is good because you usually want to stick to military rounds during SHTF for availability. I think .243 is a necked-down .308, so brass would be highly available. I don't know much about the Creedmore, but looking at building a 6.5x47 Lapua soon. 6.5 mm seems to be the sweet-spot for long range calibres,
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

13. The Following User Says Thank You to steyr_m For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (13th February 2016)