Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russian Monster Truck i want one

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Re: Russian Monster Truck i want one

That's a hand warmer for when you're pushing your Yugo.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midnight rambler For This Useful Post:

Horn (22nd May 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midnight rambler View Post
    Do you know the purpose of the lines in the back window of a Yugo?

Some people think the purpose is for rear window defrosting. They are wrong.

nice paint, the side view mirror is in daydream mode.
    Donald J. Trump IS our very first Black U.S. President

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    the side view mirror is in daydream mode.
    That's standard for a Yugo.

Ever sat in the driver's seat of a Yugo? The steering wheel is not centered on the driver's seat and is canted sideways at an angle. Really weird.

I recall going to the local Ford dealership to check them out in 1988 - the ad in the paper had the MSRP at $3,750 less a $750 rebate for a total of $3,000 plus TT&L for a new car, albeit it a true POS. I just had to see this $3,000 car for myself. About three years later a mechanic friend who owned an automobile shop had a customer bring his Yugo to get a new clutch installed. The pressure plate, clutch disc, and throw-out bearing parts from the dealer were over $800 (just for the parts). This is where they stuck it to their Yugo customers.

We can thank Bush I pal Lawrence Eagleburger and Malcolm Bricklin for the importation of the Yugo cars.

How do you double the value of a Yugo?

Fill it up with gas.
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Ever sat in the driver's seat of a Yugo?
    nahp, closest I ever got to was a Le Car.

was kinda similar, my buddy had to make a permanent hot wire installation at it for some reason i can't remember.

he also installed a small toggle switch at the center of the front hood to switch the elec. cooling fan on before he started out.

on many occasions, he'd forget to turn that off shortly after arrival and get stuck with a dead battery.