Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The ban on cash is coming. Soon.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Re: The ban on cash is coming. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    EMPs would be localized, and if they did happen globally I can assure you cash will be worthless too since we will be in all out Walking Dead SHTF mode.

Nuclear power plants would all melt down in this scenario and wipe out life anyways.
    Define 'local'

http://www.shtfplan.com/wp-content/u...ap_graphic.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshua01 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (18th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Do you know where "Kek" came from, and no, don't look it up?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post

It depends how powerful and high up they are.

The biggest one would be a massive solar flare, but it would mostly effect only the side of the planet that hit it.

The solar flare scenario is actually very realistic one of the main reasons why I want to live as rural as possible and be gardening/with livestock. As uncharacteristic as that is for me, it's something I feel I must do.

I feel there's a 25%+ chance it will happen in my lifetime. It would wipe out 90%+ of the population easily.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ponce View Post
    Paper fiat is made by the Fed........coins by the government......., what can you do with a piece of paper? and what can you do with a coin? LOT OF THINGS....save all your coins. The more that I learn, the better that I can get ready.

V
    You can't wipe your ass with coins.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    Yep, last I saw gold and silver remain unaffected by EMP attacks
    I've said it before, physical metals and crypto-currencies compliment each other perfectly. Gold/silver are physically embedded and digitally independent. Crypto (BTC/LTC, etc) are digitally embedded and physically independent. Both have value and can be useful under different scenarios.

For stealth and ease of transport, crypto all the way. To bury in your yard in case of EMP/SHTF, gold/silver all the way.

Joshua01, if you're still not convinced, download a BTC wallet and play around with it for a while. I was unconvinced too for a long time but now am a believer.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    I've said it before, physical metals and crypto-currencies compliment each other perfectly... Both have value and can be useful under different scenarios.
    Whereas when one becomes too valuable tptb uses the other to crush it, No quit playing with your ying-yang.

Matthew 27:5
    And he cast down the 30 pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Horn For This Useful Post:

govcheetos (21st February 2016)

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    You can't wipe your ass with coins.
    Hahahahahahs.........yes I can.........can you do it with bit coins?

By the way,,,,,,the way of asking that question was not vey dignified of you. Remember who you are, and your position at this site.

V
    "If you don't hold it, you don't own it"... Ponce

"I'll never stop learning because I'll never stop reading"... Ponce

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ponce For This Useful Post:

madfranks (18th February 2016),mick silver (19th February 2016)

Palladium
    Thanks

Will any of you "gold/silver bugs" entertain a dumb question? How can I know a coin is gold or silver? How can I know an ingot is either gold or silver? By its color? By its weight?

What does someone do, carry his own testing equipment whenever he contemplates receiving gold/silver in exchange for something of value he has to offer? A corollary is: How much expectation do we have that a shopkeeper, or seller (of whatever) will just accept your coin (that "looks" like gold/silver) and know how much it is worth and have your transaction proceed as smoothly as it would if you just forked over a "Jackson" (twenty dollar bill)?

Years ago I was willing to part with a huge wad of cash (one hundred dollar bills) for some coins laid out on the glass counter, but, the seller chickened out at the last minute, so, I left the store with my cash, NOT the coins. Afterwards, I started wondering how foolish I would have felt had those coins been counterfeit - I had NO WAY of knowing since I have never really handled either gold or silver, except back when quarters were actually 90% silver.

So, yes, the question burns - how is the general public going to have any confidence in the purity, or correct impurity, of the coins you hope to exchange for your toilet paper?

The ONLY hiccup I've ever had in using the good ole' "yankee dollar" was when I use a fifty (or one-hundred) - the clerk would hold it up to the light, and, look for one thing or another that they had been trained to look for - that all took less than a second or two, and, then, bingo! I got my goods and whatever change was coming. Can anybody expect this kind of ease should you lay down a gold/silver coin instead?

Has anybody ever actually used gold/silver coins in a typical retail purchasing situation?

Just asking.

I got more questions about this push for "cashless" monetary policy, but, this one is the upfront burning one.

And also, what the hell is going on with stopping the printing of one hundred dollar bills? So? Can't they just use two fifty's? I just don't get it. Somebody is playing mind games with us - I really suspect that! But I can't figure what their "game" is - it seems like the three stooges in real life running our monetary policy, but it ain't funny.

Thanks

Something is definately up. Has there been some kind of directive issued by the BIS in relation to cash?

Dirty money: Australia's missing $100 bills in hands of criminals, tax cheats, expert warns

This was posted 13 hrs ago.

In the space of 24 hrs European, US and Australian media all talk up the prospect of banning large denomination bills and flag their supposed use in black markets and under the table transactions.

They are either very worried or they have something up their slleeve.

Crooked bastards, every last one of them
    Secrets in Plain Sight - A side splitting yet fascinating mockumentary for the archaeologicaly inept and wilfully ignorant.
    "I literaly couldn't stop laughing" - Rolling Stone Magazine "Its like watching a train wreck, but funnier" - NYT

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeondaze For This Useful Post:

govcheetos (21st February 2016),mick silver (19th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrylynnb View Post
    Will any of you "gold/silver bugs" entertain a dumb question? How can I know a coin is gold or silver? How can I know an ingot is either gold or silver? By its color? By its weight?
    Gold by weight, silver by ear, both hit octaves that send knowing thru any human's spine.

Digital dollars, Doggycoins and Bitcoins are unrecognizable from each other.