Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having a baby in 1943

Thanks
    Thanked 6,457 Times in 4,275 Posts

Re: Having a baby in 1943

This is something big sense it costs upwards 7K for a natural birth now...
    Jackie did it and you know it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Between big pharma and the big medical techno companies, not to mention the big hospitals, their cuts are much larger than they were back then. They would have no problem putting some people into bankruptcy so the rest would be scared into paying their bills
    They wouldn't exist without insurance third party payers. Patients are supposed to think: I would never be able to afford their "supreme" care without insurance. The thing is though when big shiny machines and expensive drugs came into the picture, common sense went out of the window. With a MRI-machine it is a fact that medical Drs stopped doing a proper physical exam, and thus misdiagnosis is even more common. People don't care because it is "free" and they nag their dr for the most expensive drug treatment instead of a treatment cheaper that may actually work... The reason their were no expensive tech options before was because no-one was willing to pay for it.

I know this for a fact, because insurance has essentially ruined the chiropractic profession, by insurance paying for essentially worthless physical therapy modalities, most chiropractors has more or less abandoned the chiropractic adjustment...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neuro For This Useful Post:

hoarder (12th March 2016),Joshua01 (12th March 2016),madfranks (12th March 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 Times in 1,310 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    They wouldn't exist without insurance third party payers. Patients are supposed to think: I would never be able to afford their "supreme" care without insurance. The thing is though when big shiny machines and expensive drugs came into the picture, common sense went out of the window. With a MRI-machine it is a fact that medical Drs stopped doing a proper physical exam, and thus misdiagnosis is even more common. People don't care because it is "free" and they nag their dr for the most expensive drug treatment instead of a treatment cheaper that may actually work... The reason their were no expensive tech options before was because no-one was willing to pay for it.

I know this for a fact, because insurance has essentially ruined the chiropractic profession, by insurance paying for essentially worthless physical therapy modalities, most chiropractors has more or less abandoned the chiropractic adjustment...
    Obamacare policies confirm this. They put insurance companies in the drivers seat and marginalized alternative health care.

There is a rule that if an insurance company covers any alternative health services, they must do so without any financial limits. Of course no insurance company would cover alternative health services under those blank check conditions.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 1,852 Posts

When you ask for an estimate or a quote for a medical procedure what you are going to receive is their assessment of the RISK involved. Now the funny thing is they think that the risk is all on THEIR part but actually you as the patient is the one who is going to underwrite ALL the risk .... well, maybe not all ... the surgeon might nick his pinky finger with a scalpel if he had too much caffeine.

An example:
    Total estimate ... $30,300 broken down as
    orthopedic surgeon ... $800
    oral surgeon ... $800
    Anesthesiologist ... $1,700
    Hospital (one night stay) ... $27,000

Analysis ...
    the doctors view little risk to them or their practice
    the anesthesiologist views there is a larger risk to him for putting the patient to sleep
    the hospital seems to believe just providing you a bed for a night and nursing care places them at GREAT risk
    the patient interprets all these accumulated risk assessments to mean there is a great likelihood that the operation will be successful but the patient won't survive

Given the frequency the severity will follow. You make many risky moves and eventually luck will run out and residency in STONE CITY is insured (play on words intended).
    Make me one with everything.
    -- Zen Master to the hot dog vendor

Thanks

The best way to reduce your hospital costs is to demand the bill upon delivery of the service. If they don't give you the bill, you don't owe. I read a provision in the UCC that requires the bill be presented on demand. When I have time I'll look at the UCC again.
    Profound thought by Ares: "Everyone from ordinary people, to cities, counties, states, and even the Federal Government a are debt slaves to bankers..."