Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tell me about Bitcoin

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Re: Tell me about Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro View Post
    Fascinating... You are most likely a spambot, but go on...

aww don't be mean. I thought it was an impressive first post. Even copy/pasted a bit into joogle, in quotes, to check if it was a c/p job from somewhere else,
    https://www.google.com/search?source....0.X0pfIaNV_vY

comes up clean, suggesting it was truly their own composition.

sorry goldira; we seldom get new member/first posts here which aren't spam.
    Welcome! Tell a bit about yourself if you'd like. For example, are you properly anti-semitic like us? Where are u on the holohoax?
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Thanks
    Thanked 8,331 Times in 5,107 Posts

Congressman wants to ban bitcoin because it threatens Federal Reserve

https://www.sovereignman.com/trends/congressman-wants-to-ban-bitcoin-because-it-threatens-the-federal-reserve-25126/

A US Congressman wants to ban Bitcoin for threatening the Federal Reserve

A US Congressman, Brad Sherman, is worried that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will threaten US foreign policy, tax collection, and traditional law enforcement.

So his solution is to ban it.

Last week he urged his colleagues to make it illegal to mine, sell, or use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in the United States.

The problem, he says, is that the US currently gains much of its power from the fact that most international money moves in US dollars, through the Federal Reserve.

“It is the announced purpose of the supporters of cryptocurrency to take that power away from us… the advantage of crypto over sovereign currency is solely to aid in the disempowerment of the United States and the rule of law."

His version of “rule of law” includes things like civil asset forfeiture, just straight up stealing cash from people without even charging them with a crime.

So yes, if that is the type of “traditional law enforcement” Congressman Sherman fears will be undermined, he is correct.

And since US foreign policy involves funding endless wars with an inflationary fiat currency… well, he’s right again.

The aim of cryptocurrency is to hand the power of the purse back to the people.

Which is why it is comical that he thinks the cryptocurrency movement even could be nipped in the bud if they tried

Click here for the full story.
    The only thing declared necessary in the Constitution & Bill of Rights is the #2A Militia of the several States.
    “A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a freeState”
    https://ConstitutionalMilitia.org

3. The Following User Says Thank You to monty For This Useful Post:

Ares (31st May 2019)

Platinum
    Thanks

If the Freedom Dividend passes, you will have 230 million Americans collecting 1K additionally per month, who will be asking about bitcoin.

And gold and silver prices will shoot to the moon also, without inflation. People will be paying off their debts too, so there will be deflation (FRNs being destroyed). Deflation with inflating gold and silver prices.

A President Yang would be favorable to Bitcoin

Andrew Yang Just Made Bitcoin And Blockchain A Big 2020 U.S. Presidential Election Issue
    Billy Bambrough
    Billy Bambrough
    Contributor
    Crypto & Blockchain
    I write about how bitcoin, crypto and blockchain can change the world.

Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, and blockchain awareness got a big boost from bitcoin's epic 2017 bull run, which has been furthered by some of the world's biggest technology companies jumping into bitcoin and crypto.

The bitcoin price, although it remains far under the near $20,000 per bitcoin it reached in late 2017, has rebounded strongly this year, rising some 200% and helping bitcoin and crypto back into the mainstream conversation.

Now, bitcoin, crypto, and blockchain have become a big 2020 U.S. presidental issue thanks to Democratic presidential hopeful Andrew Yang endorsing blockchain, bitcoin's underlying technology, shortly after U.S. president Donald Trump tweeted about bitcoin and U.S. Tresury secretary Steven Mnuchin shocked the crypto industry by labelling bitcoin a national security issue.
    bitcoin, bitcoin price, Donald Trump, Andrew Yang, image

Bitcoin, crypto, and blockchain have been thrust into the public consciousness by U.S. president ... [+]Getty Images

Yang, who is heavily campaigning on the risks of automation to the economy, has promised to implement a blockchain-based mobile voting system if he wins upcoming U.S. presidential election.
    Today In: Money

"It’s ridiculous that in 2020 we are still standing in line for hours to vote in antiquated voting booths," Yang wrote on his campaign website.

"It is 100% technically possible to have fraud-proof voting on our mobile phones today using the blockchain. This would revolutionize true democracy and increase participation to include all Americans—those without smartphones could use the legacy system and lines would be very short."
    PROMOTED

It's not the first time Yang has spoken about bitcoin, crypto and blockchain.

In April, Yang called for clearer guidelines for companies and individuals on bitcoin and cryptocurrency acceptance and investments—while also talking up blockchain.

Just last month, Humanity Forward Fund, a political action committee supporting Yang, announced it would begin accepting bitcoin donations.

Elsewhere, the outspoken former Republican congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul has also voiced his support of bitcoin, cryptocurrencies and blockchain, telling CNBC last month more competition between currencies is a good thing.

The 2020 U.S. presidential election, now under 18 months away, is already gearing up to be the fiercest election ever fought in the U.S.—with both sides determined to prevent the other from winning.
    bitcoin, bitcoin price, Andrew Yang, Donald Trump, chart

Bitcoin's resurgence this year has pushed it back into the public consciousness. Coindesk

The bitcoin and cryptocurrency world was left reeling after Trump unleashed a scathing attack on bitcoin and cryptocurrencies, branding them "unregulated crypto assets" and based on "thin air," following social media giant Facebook's unveiling of its potential bitcoin rival, libra.

Trump has long had a fractious relationship with Facebook, which he has accused of trying to swing the 2016 U.S. presidential election in favour of Hilary Clinton and which has also been accused of failing to prevent U.S. voters of seeing illegal pro-Trump ads.

Trump's attack on bitcoin and crypto was called "the largest bull signal for [bitcoin] ever," by one crypto industry executive.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/billyba.../#7e46ea868b68
    Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Martel For This Useful Post:

madfranks (29th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C.Martel View Post
    If the Freedom Dividend passes, you will have 230 million Americans collecting 1K additionally per month, who will be asking about bitcoin.

And gold and silver prices will shoot to the moon also, without inflation. People will be paying off their debts too, so there will be deflation (FRNs being destroyed). Deflation with inflating gold and silver prices.

A President Yang would be favorable to Bitcoin

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billyba.../#7e46ea868b68
    I agree, it would be. But I am not betting that Yang will make it much further, sorry to say.
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

LOL deflation with free money to every one...
    Cultural Marxism: -The idea that good, hard working, white people should pay for those who are not, and thus in the name of equality create the conditions for their own genetic annihilation

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RatHoler View Post
    Please tell me about Cardano (ADA).

Is it a lottery ticket or complete bullshit?

I didn't want to create a new thread in case ADA is a scam so I hijacked this old thread instead.

Thx!
    Cardano was 3 cents when I asked the above question. It's now 14 cents (almost a five bagger). What's the upside here boys and girls?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Cardano was 3 cents when I asked the above question. It's now 14 cents (almost a five bagger). What's the upside here boys and girls?
    Likely $1 by the end of the year. That's a guestimate.

It depends how Goguen goes. That's the Smart Contract upgrade to Cardano now that the main Shelley hard fork has been done.

Shelley was Proof of Stake.
    Goguen is Smart Contracts.

Depending on how this goes it could be a serious competition to Ethereum, or not.

The issue is Haskell, the programming language of Cardano is very difficult to learn/use BUT it's also the most secure (banks use it). This is a trade-off since the coding that Ethereum uses is easy to learn but unsecure in comparison to Haskell. Haskell will make adoption harder, but will attract larger, more serious institutions and players to it to run their Smart Contracts.

What this all means is the price of Cardano may take longer to be realized, and they have to deliver everything on time since the battle for who controls Smart Contracts (the literal Web 3.0) is like the current space race. If you invest in the right one you could easily become a millionaire.

The 2 main serious rivals to Ethereum are Cardano and PolkaDot. I personally am invested heavily in both as insurance policies to Ethereum.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

RatHoler (8th August 2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shami-Amourae View Post
    Likely $1 by the end of the year. That's a guestimate.
    Thanks for the reply Shami. You're one of the guys here that seems to have the most knowledge of cryptos. I wish I would have bought it when I asked my original question back in December 2018.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Thanks for the reply Shami. You're one of the guys here that seems to have the most knowledge of cryptos. I wish I would have bought it when I asked my original question back in December 2018.
    I recommend PolkaDot projects instead, not Cardano. Cardano is already in the top 10.
    PolkaDot was founded by one of the 3 original founders of Ethereum, Gavin Wood. Cardano was founded by one of the regular devs of Ethereum.

I know that sounds insane, but PolkaDot projects have a bigger gain potential. Investing in PolkaDot directly is more tricky.

Here's a list of projects:
    https://forum.web3.foundation/t/team...on-polkadot/67

For currently investable projects that are low market cap, here's a list:
    https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/sora (Currently $77.33)
    https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/openanx <--Doubtful on this one, GitHub activity is low (Currently $0.154868)
    https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/d...mmitment-token (Currently $119.19)
    https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/d...k-native-token (Currently $0.050333)

Watch the Crypto Chico videos on PolkaDot. He's the biggest shill for it on YouTube and his shills have made me several 10x gains this year.

The founder of PolkaDot, Gavin Wood also runs the Web 3.0 Foundation. His project, PolkaDot seeks to make things like Ethereum, but making everything idiot proof with point, click, drag+drop solutions making it so anyone can make Smart Contracts and Blockchain setups. It's like the easy to use website builders of today where you just point and click a few things and its done. This is likely to get more widespread adoption that Cardano since of ease of use (extremely important).

Everything in our world will become tolkenized and connected through the blockchain -- that's the vision of the future. From your toaster, to trials by jury, to voting.

https://web3.foundation/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

RatHoler (8th August 2020)

Thanks

^
    You're a stud brother!
    Thx for all of the links to investigate.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RatHoler For This Useful Post:

Shami-Amourae (8th August 2020)