Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beepocolypse

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,271 Posts

Re: Beepocolypse

I have read that honey bees did not live in the Americas before European colonization. Obviously most crops will grow without them. They probably increase yield on many crops though. The main thing to take from this is that something that kills the bees is loose in the land. What is it and is it affecting other parts of this inter-related system that keeps us all alive? Varroa mites have been around for a long time without causing such catastrophic losses nation wide. Reports I've seen do not point to mites.

Gold
    Thanks

There are lots of native bees and other insects to pollinate flowers. When my orchard of around 100 trees/shrubs was in bloom this spring there were literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of insects pollinating the trees. The majority weren't bees.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,798 Times in 5,003 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    There are lots of native bees and other insects to pollinate flowers. When my orchard of around 100 trees/shrubs was in bloom this spring there were literally hundreds of thousands if not millions of insects pollinating the trees. The majority weren't bees.
    Yes, probably it is mainly monocultures like almonds, apples, plums that require bees shipped in to pollinate, because after blooming the land can't support the massive amounts of bees in the cultures required for a good harvest, if you instead have many different crops with different flowering times, and it would either attract the insects required or support the domesticated bees.

If you send those bees around like a pimp works his whores, you shouldn't be surprised they get sick.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

just plain evil in plain sight again

===============
    EPA acknowledges deadly effects of pesticides on bees, but refuses to restrict their use
    24 January 2017 GMT

‘In a disconnect of mammoth proportions, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has just acknowledged the threat to bee populations posed by neonicotinoid pesticides, while simultaneously reversing its position regarding a proposal to limit their use.

On January 12, the EPA admitted for the first time that three commonly used neonicotinoid pesticides – clothianidin, thiamethoxam and dinetofuran – pose a significant risk to bee populations. The agency’s updated analysis also acknowledged the threat posed by a fourth neonicotinoid compound – imidacloprid – which can harm both pollinators and aquatic insect species.

But on the very same day that the analysis was released, the EPA also announced that it had withdrawn its support for a proposal to introduce limited restrictions on the use of neonicotinoids in fields where honey bees are present. In place of the proposed restrictions, the agency announced a set of voluntary guidelines that do not impose mandatory compliance.’....
    http://naturalnews.com/2017-01-23-ep...their-use.html

Europe urged to expand pesticide ban for bees' sake
    January 12, 2017
    https://phys.org/news/2017-01-europe...bees-sake.html

'It's Outrageous': EPA Acknowledges Proven Dangers of Bee-Killing Pesticides But Refuses to Restrict Them
    http://www.ecowatch.com/epa-neonicot...191476291.html

============================
    'Bees find pollen through electrical signals from flowers'
    http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...highlight=bees
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by singular_me View Post
    just plain evil in plain sight again

===============
    EPA acknowledges deadly effects of pesticides on bees, but refuses to restrict their use
    24 January 2017 GMT

‘In a disconnect of mammoth proportions, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has just acknowledged the threat to bee populations posed by neonicotinoid pesticides, while simultaneously reversing its position regarding a proposal to limit their use.

On January 12, the EPA admitted for the first time that three commonly used neonicotinoid pesticides – clothianidin, thiamethoxam and dinetofuran – pose a significant risk to bee populations. The agency’s updated analysis also acknowledged the threat posed by a fourth neonicotinoid compound – imidacloprid – which can harm both pollinators and aquatic insect species.

But on the very same day that the analysis was released, the EPA also announced that it had withdrawn its support for a proposal to introduce limited restrictions on the use of neonicotinoids in fields where honey bees are present. In place of the proposed restrictions, the agency announced a set of voluntary guidelines that do not impose mandatory compliance.’....
    http://naturalnews.com/2017-01-23-ep...their-use.html

Europe urged to expand pesticide ban for bees' sake
    January 12, 2017
    https://phys.org/news/2017-01-europe...bees-sake.html

'It's Outrageous': EPA Acknowledges Proven Dangers of Bee-Killing Pesticides But Refuses to Restrict Them
    http://www.ecowatch.com/epa-neonicot...191476291.html

============================
    'Bees find pollen through electrical signals from flowers'
    http://gold-silver.us/forum/showthre...highlight=bees
    This kind of goes hand in hand with our discussion in your corruption map thread. The EPA is corrupted to the core. If you have political clout, you can do as you will. It is a strange case in this country where lawlessness mimics lawfulness. The agencies are corrupted and the agents follow orders from 'on high'. So what is more blatantly corrupt, a case of individuals under the auspices of authority being personally corrupt or a case where the corruption is mandated from the center? I'd say that corrupt center is far worse than decay on the outer edges. When the center is corrupt, the outer actors are corrupt even if they happen to be individuals of integrity.

I no longer have any hives. My bees all died off and I got tired of replenishing them with new queens and workers every year. It also creeps me out knowing that the bees died from visiting the plants they made the honey from. If the plants or something on the plants killed them off, how healthy is the honey for humans? It sure was tasty though. Before they started putting in crops around me I was getting flows of honey from wildflowers and the taste was incredible! Some agricultural firm has come in and is leasing land locally to grown GMO crops, corn and soybeans. What a sham. What a shame. All the subsidies for these crops should be removed. This a huge concern (corporate) putting in these crops and I imagine they are getting subsidized in some way.

Thanks

sorry to hear this about your hives, really! And agree with your assumptions and assessments. Yeah GMOs/MSGs/roundup issues are making the system rot from the inside out.

I moved from NM to FL for a while, and here they are spraying heavily for mosquitoes on a regular basis, there is no longer any safe place now. And I am sure it is also affecting the bees .

Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    This kind of goes hand in hand with our discussion in your corruption map thread. The EPA is corrupted to the core. If you have political clout, you can do as you will. It is a strange case in this country where lawlessness mimics lawfulness. The agencies are corrupted and the agents follow orders from 'on high'. So what is more blatantly corrupt, a case of individuals under the auspices of authority being personally corrupt or a case where the corruption is mandated from the center? I'd say that corrupt center is far worse than decay on the outer edges. When the center is corrupt, the outer actors are corrupt even if they happen to be individuals of integrity.

I no longer have any hives. My bees all died off and I got tired of replenishing them with new queens and workers every year. It also creeps me out knowing that the bees died from visiting the plants they made the honey from. If the plants or something on the plants killed them off, how healthy is the honey for humans? It sure was tasty though. Before they started putting in crops around me I was getting flows of honey from wildflowers and the taste was incredible! Some agricultural firm has come in and is leasing land locally to grown GMO crops, corn and soybeans. What a sham. What a shame. All the subsidies for these crops should be removed. This a huge concern (corporate) putting in these crops and I imagine they are getting subsidized in some way.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks

total food control in sight... drone to help create areas only where food will be authorized to grow is the only explanation here as drones will follow orders.

that is how money gets everybody... investors would believe anything that looks like a good idea, while completely turning a blind eye to natural laws. Chemical are legal so lets buy stocks and now poor dying bees, they need to be replaced unfortunately.

===================================

Serious bees-ness: Pollinator drones could replace endangered insects
    11 February 2017 GMT

‘Japanese scientists are developing pollinator drones that can assume the vital role bees normally play in the planet’s ecosystem.

Dr Eijiro Miyako, from the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, experimented with an ionic liquid gel and found that drones coated in the gel could fly between lily flowers, collecting and depositing pollen much the same as their black and gold organic counterparts would.’
    https://www.rt.com/viral/377014-poll...ampaign=chrome

https://www.davidicke.com/wp-content...itled-1-23.jpg