View Poll Results: NBA Champs GS Warriors or Cleveland Cavs?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors

5 100.00%
  • Cavaliers

0 0%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: NBA Champs: Warriors or Cavaliers?

Thanks

Re: NBA Champs: Warriors or Cavaliers?

Hmmmm don't know anything about "African American Handball" Don't even know when the play-offs are or who's playing.
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

Brew Guru
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steyr_m View Post
    Hmmmm don't know anything about "African American Handball" Don't even know when the play-offs are or who's playing.
    I know that LeBron James is on the Lakers now... that's about it. I think the NBA's draw now is based on the interpersonal drama rather that the game itself, which makes a certain amount of sense, given the target market.
    By way of decoction, thou shalt do wort.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrewTech View Post
    I know that LeBron James is on the Lakers now... that's about it. I think the NBA's draw now is based on the interpersonal drama rather that the game itself, which makes a certain amount of sense, given the target market.
    Lol, how true is that....
    Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum - I think that I think, therefore I think that I am

My GPG Pub key:
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=steyr_m&op=index&fingerprint=on

Thanks
    Thanked 6,607 Times in 4,200 Posts

Disinvited by Trump, NBA Champion Warriors Meet With Obama Instead

BY Todd Neikirk January 25, 2019

The Golden State Warriors, winners of the last two NBA championships, have skipped the traditional White House visits. In September of 2017, Donald Trump “disinvited” the team after multiple players said that they wouldn’t attend.

https://cdn.hillreporter.com/wp-cont..._pregame_6.jpg
    nikk_la When the team recently made their annual trip to Washington DC to play the Wizards, they found an alternative. Rather than meeting at the White House, the Warriors instead met with former president Barack Obama.

Warrior’s beat writer Logan Murdock shared a picture of the team and Obama on his twitter feed.

Looks like the Warriors paid a visit to President Barack Obama during their visit to Washington DC. pic.twitter.com/D5PSwjc3Gl
    — Logan Murdock (@loganmmurdock) January 25, 2019

Two of the team’s most prominent figures, star Stephen Curry and coach Steve Kerr have spoken out in opposition to Trump. Curry wrote in a 2017 essay, “If there’s anything I’ve learned this year, it’s that all the noise we keep hearing—it’s not an accident. We’re hearing that noise because there are real people out there, facing real issues, and real inequalities, some in ways like never before. In 2017, in America, silence is no longer an option.”

When Kerr was asked about Trump’s comments regarding Colin Kaepernick, he said, “This is another reason why all of us on our team have a tough time with the president, because instead of unifying and trying to calm the storm, he’s creating it, over and over again.”

The White House has not commented on the Warriors decision to meet with the former president.

https://hillreporter.com/disinvited-...-instead-22383
    FAKE "ELECTIONS" - Why Ron Paul Can't "Win"

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

gs adds a real nigga to its black lives matter low iq hate group

https://goldengatesports.com/2019/03...turn-bay-area/

Golden State Warriors: What to make of Andrew Bogut’s return to the Bay Area

Still, it’s hard to ignore some off-court stuff. Andrew Bogut is on the opposite end of the political spectrum as many of his teammates seem to be. The NBA is a far more progressive league than the other North American professional leagues and a lot of its players–especially the stars like LeBron James–have taken stands against bigotry and oppression.

Bogut has entertained wild alt-right conspiracy theories and regurgitated racist and transphobic talking points. He attacks “SJWs” (social justice warriors) for their desire to create a more positive and safer world for people from all walks of life.

The Warriors players have shown themselves to be thoughtful, accepting, and committed to a league-wide goal of making the game and the world a more inclusive place for people of color, women, LGBTQ (though, admittedly, Curry’s response to the North Carolina’s bathroom law left something to be desired), and others.

Bogut’s online presence has shown to oppose that. With certain issues–such as Black Lives Matter–which are so important to NBA players that Bogut has gone after, it will be interesting to see if this dynamic will lead to any disturbance in the locker room.

Bogut should be helpful on the court, but his presence–especially if he engages in incendiary rhetoric as a member of the team–could cause some issues. Warriors fans, especially in the liberal Bay Area, will have a tough task in front of them in decided how to welcome (or not welcome) Bogut back to the team.

========================================

lmao!

https://deadspin.com/andrew-bogut-du...ter-1788198964

Dallas Mavericks and former Golden State Warriors center Andrew Bogut’s political beliefs are exactly what you would expect them to be.

He complains about the rappers, cars, and the bling bling in the NBA; goes on random right-wing podcasts; is anti-workers rights; and frequently tweets profoundly uninteresting things about male privilege, safe spaces, and the dreaded SJWs.

He is basically a bizarro quasi-libertarian Australian version of Spencer Hawes. He’s the honky messiah.

A tweet showing that Bogut follows some of the worst alt-right Twitter accounts recently went around Basketball Twitter. The irony of the guy following @Infowars proclaiming, “I’m not left, I’m not right, I’m common sense” apparently lost on him, Bogut tried reasserting his “gotta hear both sides” independence by asking about “good SJW accounts” to follow:

It seems the accounts that are offended by my following of all political demographics are SJW's. Any good SJW accounts out there? #oxymoron
    — Andrew Bogut (@andrewbogut) October 25, 2016

================================================== =

https://www.vocativ.com/370768/andre...ght/index.html

Dallas Mavericks center Andrew Bogut has started following a whole mess of alt-right and alt-right adjacent accounts on Twitter of late, a veritable rogues’ gallery of trolls, the chronically misinformed, thudding men’s right’s activists, and conspiracy mongers that have ridden the Trump train to a bleak sort of insular prominence.

And boy did Bogut’s ears perk up on Monday night when a few users pointed out what appears to be his swing towards the 4chan wing of American politics. Bogut, of course, got mad online.

Guilty. I also follow left leaning folks, right leaning folks, and yes, you guessed it, conservative folks. I am EVIL! https://t.co/0O7WS0o34J

— Andrew Bogut (@andrewbogut) October 24, 2016

It seems the accounts that are offended by my following of all political demographics are SJW's. Any good SJW accounts out there? #oxymoron

— Andrew Bogut (@andrewbogut) October 25, 2016

Does anyone trust anything the main stream media report in relation to politics? I sure don't. So hard to find honest,agenda less news today

— Andrew Bogut (@andrewbogut) October 20, 2016

After a few contentious exchanges with randos and a blocking spree, Bogut drew a mild rebuke from his employers.

What are you doing @andrewbogut?

— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) October 25, 2016

Of course, screeching about the looming menace of social justice warriors is A Thing Bogut’s engaged in of late. And while he has claimed that he’s equally repulsed by both presidential candidates—he told the Dallas News that “they’re both shithouse”—and joked that Trump’s mere presence means he could be rounded up by a jackbooted deportation force, he still manages to come up with bits like this: “Trump is obviously anti-politically correct and said some absolutely naughty things, but I think Hillary is involved in some shady stuff.”

Further, during the 2016 Finals, his Twitter bio read “Triggered by SJW’s privilege” and he shared takedowns of GamerGate “villains.”

Lmao I just found out about Andrew Bogut being an alt-right pissbaby. Cavs in 7 pic.twitter.com/e8Wu9AHC9l

— October's Very Owned (@Cam_Oflage) June 14, 2016

But as Tom Ley noted at Deadspin, even before he was drafted, Bogut was using thinly-veiled racial codes.

“The public’s image of NBA players is true,” Bogut told the Sydney Morning Herald in 2007. “A lot of them get caught up in the hype and do video clips with rappers and all that crap. They want bling bling all over themselves and drive fast cars. But that’s just the way the culture is in America—if you’ve got it flaunt it and if you don’t, you can’t.”

“But it’s just the culture over there,” he continued. “I would never want my child to be brought up in an environment like that, where if you have money you’re supposed to flaunt it and make everyone jealous.”

Ley rightly notes that even a cursory glance at Bogut’s play reveals all his blather about “unselfishness” and playing the “right way” to be so much bunk. (This year, his colleagues ranked him as the NBA’s third dirtiest player.)

But this is all fine. If Bogut’s had some kind of political awakening, and truly believes that political correctness will lead to our ruination, wants to whinge about ‘safe spaces,’ side against labor in the Australian Football League, or portray police brutality as fictional, that’s absolutely his prerogative.

However, he should have the courage to stand by his memes and lukewarm, Schilling-esque convictions, lest it scan as wildly hypocritical when Bogut says that his feed contains sources from all sides of the ideological spectrum, or goes on a talk show hosted by an enabler of the far right internet fringe and claims, “I’m not left; I’m not right; I’m not middle; I’m common sense.”

Regardless of the sclerotic current state of our national discourse, at least we can all come together in agreement on one thing.

.@andrewbogut at least the Social Justice Warriors didn't blow a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals

— Hollow Ween Fan (@T_nels) October 25, 2016

================================================== =

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-al...a-players-knee

The Alt-Right’s New Pizzagate Conspiracy? An NBA Player’s Knee

Right-wing Reddit enthusiasts have a new conspiracy: that a Mavericks basketball player was sidelined not for a knee injury, but for supporting an investigation into Pizzagate.

The conspiracy stems from Bogut’s tepid public support of investigating Pizzagate, a conspiracy theory that began on alt-right subreddits and 4chan, and which claims there is a global child sex ring based out of the basement of a Washington D.C. pizza shop that has no basement. The repeatedly debunked claims are entirely founded on perceived “codewords” in Hillary Clinton campaign advisor John Podesta’s leaked emails.

R/The_Donald is one of the primary drivers of Pizzagate, a conspiracy which led citizen Edgar M. Welch to “investigate” the D.C. pizzeria Comet Pizza with a gun. Posts on both r/The_Donald and r/Conspiracy led to the creation of r/Pizzagate, a splinter subreddit that was banned by Reddit after personal information was posted involving people affiliated with the pizza shop.

President-elect Trump conducted an AMA on r/The_Donald in July, and his campaign’s digital director once tweeted that he visits the site “daily.”

On November 24th, Bogut tweeted “If only 1 percent of this #pizzagate scandal is true, all people involved deserve life in prison (or worse). #sick.” He later laughed off a Snopes debunking of the conspiracy. He then deleted some of the tweets.

Bogut played six more games before suffering the knee injury against Charlotte.

Still, r/The_Donald commenters are wary, since Bogut isn’t expected to play in tonight’s game, the second half of a back-to-back, and on a day where the team will travel from Dallas to Oakland.

“It’s the second night of the back-to-back, which is when they’ve been typically resting him and other vets—even before the injury. So it’s definitely not an aberration,” said Cato.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was a vocal supporter of Hillary Clinton during her presidential run, but has since been seen having coffee with Trump campaign and administration advisor Steve Bannon.

Bogut, who is originally from Australia and plays on its national team, has appeared on rightwing podcasts, like Louder with Crowder, and frequently posts about far-rightwing topics on his Twitter account.

“It seems the accounts that are offended by my following of all political demographics are SJW’s,” he tweeted in October, referring to “social justice warriors,” or particularly vocal liberal activists. “Any good SJW accounts out there? #oxymoron.”

Now, Bogut finds himself—or at least his knee—at the center of one of his followers’ conspiracies.

“It is on the dumber side of the stuff I’ve heard from (r/The_Donald),” said Cato. “But it is r/The_Donald. It is very on-brand for them.”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cheka. For This Useful Post:

PatColo (28th March 2019)

Thanks

Dubs v Toronto Raptors Final this year; Jungle Boogie 2019 begins tonight 9 ET on ABC, pre order ur KFC buckets & Malt liquor 40s now.

Durant is still out but Dubs swept Portland 4-0 most recently without KD so...

https://www.nba.com/warriors/sites/w...?itok=uvGmsaRs

Series Preview: 2019 NBA Finals

Posted: May 20, 2019

Warriors at Raptors
    Thursday, May 30
    6:00 p.m.
    Scotiabank Arena
    Toronto, Canada

WATCH: ABC
    RADIO: 95.7 The Game, ESPN Radio, Warriors Mobile App and Warriors Radio Network

DUBS RETURN TO THE NBA FINALS

The Warriors have earned another trip to the NBA Finals, and will enter the seven game series with all kinds of momentum on their side. The team has won six playoff games in a row dating back to Game 5 of the Western Conference Semifinals against the Houston Rockets and, with two wins in Portland, extended its own NBA record winning at least one road game in 22 consecutive playoff series. This marks the team’s fifth appearance in as many years, making the Warriors the first team since the mid 1960's Boston Celtics (1959-1966) to advance to five straight Finals, and the first team to ever win the Western Conference five consecutive times.

MATCHUP AT A GLANCE

Playoff Ranks
    GSW TOR
    12-4 12-6
    PTS: 118.1 (1st) PTS: 105.0 (10th)
    REB: 43.5 (8th) REB: 41.9 (13th)
    AST: 28.5 (1st) AST: 22.8 (8th)

LAST TIME OUT

The Warriors completed the sweep against the Portland Trail Blazers in an overtime thriller that came down to the final play, as Klay Thompson defended a potential game-winning shot from Damian Lillard. The shot was off the mark and Stephen Curry grabbed the rebound, securing a 119-117 win on Monday that completed a four-game series sweep in the Western Conference Finals. Stephen Curry led the way with a 37-point, 13-rebound, 11-assist triple-double, and Draymond Green added his own 18 points, 14 rebounds, and 11 assists. They were the first teammates in NBA postseason history to record a triple double in the same game. » Full Game Recap

A LOOK BACK AT THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS

The Warriors successfully swept the Portland Trail Blazers in the Western Conference Finals, winning each of the final three games with second half comebacks of at least 17 points. They fended-off the backcourt duo of Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum with traps and aggressive defense, and survived the career night of Meyers Leonard (25 first-half points, the most in any game in his NBA and college career) in Game 4. Draymond Green — who averaged 16.5 points, 11.8 rebounds, 8.8 assists, 2.3 steals, and 2.2 blocks throughout the series — finished with back-to-back triple doubles, and Stephen Curry averaged 36.5 points on 42.5 percent from beyond the arc. Head Coach Steve Kerr called the series an “uphill climb all the way,” though, as the team was able to overcome the absence of stars Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins, and Andre Iguodala (missed Game 4 with a lower-leg injury), as well as overcome the early deficits from the Trail Blazers’ hot starts in the final three games.

DUBS VS. RAPTORS AT A GLANCE

The Warriors played the Toronto Raptors twice during the regular season, with both games ending in disappointment for the Dubs. Their first matchup was an overtime thriller in Canada, where the squad came back from an 18-point deficit to force overtime, but eventually fell 131-128. Though Golden State was without Stephen Curry (recovering from a strained groin) for that game, Kevin Durant scored 51 points while receiving help from Klay Thompson (23 points) and Jonas Jerebko (20 points). When the Warriors hosted the Raptors for their second game of the year, Toronto was without their star forward Kawhi Leonard (out with a bruised hip). Durant had another strong showing against their opponent from the East, putting up 30 points in the contest, but the Dubs could not overcome a combination of their own off-shooting night and the Raptors’ hot start. Unable to match the offensive outburst from Kyle Lowry (23 points), Serge Ibaka, (20 points, 12 rebounds), and Danny Green (15 points), the Warriors trailed by double-digits the entire second half and lost the game 113-93, the first time the Dubs lost to the Toronto squad on Warriors Ground in 14 years. Both games were came prior to DeMarcus Cousins’ return from his Achilles injury, so it remains to be seen what kind of impact he could have on the floor against Toronto should he be able to play during the NBA Finals.

LAST GAME'S STARTERS

GSW: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Alfonzo McKinnie, Draymond Green and Jordan Bell
    TOR: Kyle Lowry, Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Pascal Siakam and Marc Gasol

INJURY & ROSTER NOTES

GSW: Kevin Durant (strained calf) is out. DeMarcus Cousins (torn quad) is questionable. Team Notes
    TOR: OG Anunoby (abdomen) and Chris Boucher (back) are day-to-day. Team Notes

TEAM PLAYOFF LEADERS

GSW TOR
    PTS: Durant (34.2) PTS: Leonard (31.2)
    REB: Green (9.2) REB: Leonard (8.2)
    AST: Green (8.1) AST: Lowry (7.3)

RAPTORS SCOUTING REPORT
    The Raptors are lead by a foe familiar to the Warriors: Kawhi Leonard. Though he entered the league seven years ago as a defense-minded player with the San Antonio Spurs, he has evolved into one of the premier two-way players in the NBA; he was traded to the Raptors prior to the start of the season and responded with averages of 26.6 points and 7.3 rebounds, both career highs, to go along with almost two steals per game. Though he performed well during the season, he flourished during the Eastern Conference’s Semifinals (34.7 points, 9.9 rebounds, 1.3 steals) and Finals (29.8 points, 9.5 rebounds, 2.2 steals) where he played perhaps the largest role in advancing his team through the Playoffs. Also acquired during the season was veteran stretch-center Marc Gasol, who has the ability to shoot from deep, has a keen eye when passing, and can effectively cover any opposing player in the post. The two fit a Toronto system that has been defined by efficient scoring and a quick-switching defense this postseason; compared to the other eight playoff teams from the East, the Raptors ranked third in field goal percentage (44.1 percent), third in 3-point field goal percentage (34.5 percent), and second in steals (8.0) per game. Adding to the team’s athletic abilities are Pascal Siakam (16.9 points, 6.9 rebounds, 0.9 steals, 0.7 blocks), Serge Ibaka (15 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.4 blocks) and Kyle Lowry (14.2 points, 8.7 assists, 1.4 steals), a core of three players in their third year together with the team.

"If telling the truth marginalizes you, then that is the place to be. After all, if enough people are willing to be marginalized, then before you know it, society has developed a different center. This is the politics of truth." -- E. Martin Schotz

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,001 Posts

the title (again) was settled in the houston series. hat tip to nyc and their refs

ratings are in free fall -- black-lives-matter-hate has consequences. espn will bleed hundreds of millions on their billion dollar bet on magic negro agenda

Thanks

Toronto Raptors’ Trip to Israel
    The Obscenity of Jewish Power
    Kevin Barrett • June 26, 2019 • 1,400 Words • 155 CommentsReply

I recently received an email from Code Pink:

“Winning the NBA finals is a great achievement, but Raptors billionaire co-owner Larry Tennenbaum—an unapologetic Israel supporter—wants to reward them with a propaganda trip to Israel. Help us appeal to the Raptors to reject their coach’s offer: Tell them to dunk the ball for Palestinian rights by refusing to travel to Israel.”
    “Dunk the ball for Palestinian rights?” That is not exactly the world’s catchiest protest chant. No rhyme or alliteration, the meter doesn’t scan, and the image that comes to mind is…what, exactly? Kawhi Leonard stealing Larry Tennenbaum’s head right off his neck and slamming it through the hoop?

Regardless, the well-meaning lefties at Code Pink have their hearts in the right place. Like most well-meaning lefties these days, they feel bad about Israeli atrocities. Unlike most well-meaning lefties, they are trying to do something about them. And unlike just about everybody else in America, they have the guts to get loud and visible, risking arrest or worse. (I will never forget hearing about Medea Benjamin getting her arm broken by al-Sisi’s thugs.)

But Code Pink’s courage does not extend to telling the truth about Jewish power and its most egregious abuses and vulnerabilities. Medea Benjamin must know that 9/11 was a false flag operation—she essentially admitted her suspicions to me, and cheered on my 9/11 activism, during her 2007 interview on my Truth Jihad Radio show. Yet during a 2014 New Horizon Conference in Iran, she and Gareth Porter loudly complained about the Conference’s focus on 9/11 “conspiracy theories” and other forms of “anti-Semitism.” While everyone else at the conference accepted that 9/11 was a Zionist-driven false flag (the show of hands was unanimous except for Benjamin and Porter), the two holdouts raised a stink with the Conference organizers about supposed anti-Jewish sentiment at the event. The two were particularly appalled by a couple of attendees representing the the European New Right, who espoused Holocaust revisionism and ferociously condemned what they saw as grossly disproportionate Jewish power dominating the West.

more http://www.unz.com/kbarrett/toronto-...rip-to-israel/

Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PatColo For This Useful Post:

cheka. (12th November 2019)

Thanks

WHO has the WORST RECORD in the NBA tonight, 10/11 games into this new 2019/2020 season?!

that's right, GSW!! https://www.nba.com/standings

2 wins - 9 losses, in their fancy pants new Chase Center in SF-proper.

I don't care; barely recognize the team any more. zzzz