Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver Set to Surge to $140/ozt. by 2019 – Here’s Why

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

Silver Set to Surge to $140/ozt. by 2019 – Here’s Why

http://www.munknee.com/silver-set-to...019-heres-why/

…Neumeyer, the E&Y Mining Entrepreneur of the Year 2011, said that a major Japanese electronics maker had approached First Majestic Silver Corp. for the first time last month seeking to lock in future silver stock. [In an interview with Bloomberg Neumeyer had the following to say (in italics)]:

“For an electronics manufacturer to come directly to us — that tells me something is changing in the market. I think we’ll see three-digit silver,” he said, predicting the metal could surge to $140 an ounce by as early as 2019.

While long coveted for use in jewelry, silver coins and utensils, silver is increasingly in demand for its industrial applications. Last year, about half of global silver consumption came from such use, including mobile phones, flat-panel TVs, solar panels and alloys and solders, according to data compiled by GFMS for the Washington-based Silver Institute.

“Silver is not a precious metal, it’s a strategic metal…Silver is the most electrically conductive material on the planet other than gold, and gold is too expensive to use in circuit boards, solar panels, electric cars. As we electrify the planet, we require more and more silver. There’s no substitute for it
    .”

Industrial demand is set to increase, driven by rising incomes and growing penetration of technology in populous, developing nations, as well as thanks to new uses being found for silver’s anti-bacterial and reflective properties in everything from hospital paints to Band-Aids to windows.

“Over the next 10 or 20 years, more and more people are going to be using these devices, and silver is a very limited commodity…There’s just not a lot of it around.”

Use of silver, including investment demand, coin sales and what goes into inventories to settle trades, has outstripped annual supply of the metal in every year since 2000, according to data from GFMS, a research unit of Thomson Reuters Corp.

“The silver rally is just beginning…What we’ve seen in the last two months is just the beginning of the next bull market.”
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

2. The Following User Says Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

agnut (4th July 2016)

Thanks

Re: Silver Set to Surge to $140/ozt. by 2019 – Here’s Why

Mamboni, all those monster boxes you bought when silver was $30+, don't fret, you'll get your day in the sun!
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

It does seem that as metals go, silver is short..

Look with hunger at your moms/grandmoms silver sets..

Gold has uses , but silver has more along with a few other metals that are really rair by %.

I can see a day that old land fills would be dug up, to recover the silver used on film someday..

At known areas that silver film or products have been dumped..
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

More numbers just pulled out of the air?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ximmy For This Useful Post:

Joshua01 (16th June 2016),Shami-Amourae (16th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    More numbers just pulled out of the air?

HeHe, probably..

As done in the past, but maybe real in the long run...

Think , I mean really think abut it..

All metals of value will be mined when found, the easy crap is been found, but in some industry's now supply's of ore (metal) is probably getting shorter that in the past and probably will get worse, unless recycling gets better than now..

Silver, hell all precious metals are still a great way to hold or increase in value in the longer scheme of things despite the dips and nutzoided crap from the market.

Ignore the day to day/yearly or monthly thing and hold and run for the long term, you will win.

Prices have not any directions other than up.

Now for the wild price quots, maybe not in our lifetimes for older holders of metal, but some day I suspect ..

Yes.

But by then I wil be dust!

Which will be sooner than later..
    "My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dogman For This Useful Post:

agnut (4th July 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madfranks View Post
    Mamboni, all those monster boxes you bought when silver was $30+, don't fret, you'll get your day in the sun!
    Actually, I bought half of them when silver was about $7.50 and the most I ever paid for for two boxes when silver was $16 IIRC. I'm very happy with my silver purchases and how they've held up under massive deflationary pressures vis-a-vis stocks and bonds.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

agnut (4th July 2016),Celtic Rogue (17th June 2016),madfranks (16th June 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

How many times have we heard this?

"But this time it's different."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

Hombre (26th December 2016),Joshua01 (16th June 2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamboni View Post
    Actually, I bought half of them when silver was about $7.50 and the most I ever paid for for two boxes when silver was $16 IIRC. I'm very happy with my silver purchases and how they've held up under massive deflationary pressures vis-a-vis stocks and bonds.
    Ha ha, I was just ribbing you. But I know you had some of them during the big run up to just under $50. In hindsight it would have been great to dump them right then, and buy back sub $20. Of course I didn't sell any of my silver then either.
    - Lew Rockwell

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madfranks For This Useful Post:

agnut (4th July 2016),Camp Bassfish (17th June 2016),mamboni (9th August 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 4,994 Posts

Ha ha, I was just ribbing you. But I know you had some of them during the big run up to just under $50. In hindsight it would have been great to dump them right then, and buy back sub $20. Of course I didn't sell any of my silver then either.
    I sold almost all my silver at an average price of around $40, my big mistake was to buy back at $28...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

I'm in it for the long term too. Silver is a bedrock asset - I sleep better at night holding it.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mamboni For This Useful Post:

agnut (4th July 2016)