Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Go

Thanks
    Thanked 7,980 Times in 4,537 Posts

Pokémon Go

http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/80610796
    (Quoting this from /pol/)

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/ima...7862849099.jpg

Seeing all these Pokemon go people the last few days has really made me think, and I've come up with some interesting ideas.

For those of you that are unaware of how the game works, basically pokemon will show up on a cartoon-like map that is fed to the game from google maps, which will coincide with the area you are in. You see where the pokemon are, then travel to that location and use the camera on your phone to "search" for the pokemon.

Google made this game, not nintendo, this is google and the data coming from the game is going to them. It has been said that google is trying to get scans of the insides of the houses of players, which sounds very likely. But I want to explore the full scope of the massive invasion of privacy this game could introduce.

There are two scenarios I see for this invasion, and both could be happening at the same time.

1. Googles new captchas with image recognition, have been using human brains for a while now to help computers understand what objects are. So with scans of the inside of homes, google will have databases of ANY object in your house. Which will be used to advertise to you, or unfortunately be used against you, especially if you have a gun, and google would know EXACTLY where these objects are within your house.

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/ima...8251033512.jpg

2. I've seen this happen to an extent, a pokemon is in a certain area, and people will FLOCK to that area. Last night I saw 3 separate groups of people wandering around a golf course with their phones scanning for pokemon. Let's say for example, Google or the government (basically the same thing at this point) are searching for you, and they have an idea of where you are. All they have to do is drop a few rare pokemon in the location they think you are, and all of the sudden, they will have dozens of cameras searching for you, peeking through your windows, and there's nothing you can do about it. I've seen people on Youtube go into someone's BACKYARD to get one of these things, just imagine 20 people trying to find one.

There's no fucking way I'm going to download that game, but just be aware. This is the next step in the dissolving privacy.

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/ima...8153266886.png

If I was a criminal, it would seriously be easy to earn insane money off this. From what I've seen, you can use "lures" or something to attract multiple pokemon to an area. If you wanted all the phones of the people that wander into that area. You could take them all, no problem. You'd make an easy $3000 per spot, and nobody could do anything.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shami-Amourae For This Useful Post:

cheka. (11th July 2016),collector (23rd July 2016),midnight rambler (11th July 2016),Twisted Titan (11th July 2016)

Thanks

Re: Pokémon Go

So basically this game was derived a method to get people to scan their entire homes and scan all around their cities/towns for Google on foot. You walk down the street and can detect Pokémon "virtually" on your street. The Pokémon could be on a street corner, or an alley. A lot of people will and are playing this.

Is pokemon GO popular in US?
    Very. My first encounter with this game was the day it came out. I saw two security guards walking around the parking lot looking for a pokemon. Now that I'm aware of it, I see these fuckers everywhere. One of these days, I'm going to get someone jumping my fence to get into my backyard to catch a fucking pidgey

You know what would be great? If a bunch of people on /pol/ spoofed GPS and lured like a thousand Pokemon to every ghetto in America.
    I dunno how this shit works but I'm sure somebody could make a guide, might help expedite the race war.

That's already happening to an extent. There have been a lot of robberies because idiots wander into a dangerous neighborhood without thinking and get their shit stolen

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/10/...-lure-victims/

Fuck you are right, this is being used to make a 3D photo map of everything. That's literally what is happening
    Yes, that's probably the main goal, 3d map of everything. If they're missing a spot, all they have to do is stick some pokemon there and people will go there and scan it for them
    From reddit:
    Pokemon Go is now out for iOS and Android, and was released 7/7/16.
    It was created by Niantic, Inc., which was founded by the Keyhole, Inc. founder John Locke. Keyhole Inc. was funded by Sony & Nvidia, along with a nice chunk of money coming from the CIA's venture capital firm In-Q-Tel, with In-Q-Tel receiving the majority of funding from the National Geospatial Agency.
    The NGA was formerly known as NIMA, the National Imaging and Mapping Agency, until 2003. The NGA's primary focus is mapping Geospatial Intelligence, or GEOINT. Geospatial Intelligence is intelligence about human activity on earth derived from the exploitation and analysis of imagery and geospatial information that describes, assesses, and visually depicts physical features and geographical referenced activities on the Earth.
    I checked out the NGA.mil website, the main page had an ad for what looked to be some type of Holo-Lens over a girl's face, advertising their magazine they publish. I'm sure they publish that for all their employees, not for general public to know (although it's free to read on their site, just not a popular publication since only NGA probably knows about it, and the few people that lurked onto the site accidentally).
    So Niantic/Pokemon Go is basically a front for Geospatial Intelligence gathering, just like the former Ingress from the same company (which wasn't as hugely popular as the Pokemon intellectual property, basically every 90's kid with a capable smart phone is out playing this).
    If they need pictures for a specific area updated, they don't have to send any agents/employees. They just spawn a rare Pokemon and someone using the app will take some pictures for them...
    The Privacy Policy for Pokemon Go is a also bit Orwellian.
    What are your guys thoughts on this application? Just a new Augmented Reality (AR) game, or GEOINT Agency wet dream?

Thanks

Official Trailer - Just think of all the messed up things that will happen because of this game.

It looks like thieves are already targeting people playing this game:

http://nypost.com/2016/07/10/pokemon...etting-creepy/

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...b0563e3f0.html

https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/10/robbers-use-pokemon-go-to-lure-victims/

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Good, idiots should be punished for getting sucked into their smartphone. I use mine as a telephone...that's it. SO far no one has robbed me.
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joshua01 For This Useful Post:

Twisted Titan (11th July 2016)

Thanks

Holy shit, they are making churches "Pokestops". Google literally is tricking people into scanning and monitoring entire churches.

http://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/BHQ...SuQ-480-80.png

http://www.gamesradar.com/why-your-l...and-pokestops/

I wouldn't be suprised if theres a reason for all churches being "pokestops". They probably want to guage activity at these places constantly, and now they have a way to have cameras pointed at these spots constantly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    Good, idiots should be punished for getting sucked into their smartphone. I use mine as a telephone...that's it. SO far no one has robbed me.
    When I was a kid a lot of my peers played Pokémon Red & Blue. On the school bus we'd organize battles and little tournaments with our Gameboys. They game had a lasting impact, so a lot of these people playing this are all grown up and playing for nostalgia. The game was literally designed as a way to get people to scan and monitor places they (Google and the Feds) don't have have access to currently.

Imagine all the idiots driving around and scanning with this game too. It will cause a bunch of car accidents.

They're testing for foot traffic generation for new format advertising.

Instead of showing you an ad for a product or store you'll be guided into the store by your augmented reality game.
    And they'll have concrete metrics for how effective each ad campaign is especially since everyone will be using phone "wallets".

Eventually it will probably be detailed enough to hand pick what shit you didn't even know you need and you'll be showing up to Walmart to catch a Pikachu in front of a 30pack of toilet paper and remember you need tp.

>Its another select the storefronts captcha

Militant Wing of the Salvation Army midnight rambler's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,841 Times in 7,906 Posts

That's crazy shit!
    "A man is to be held accountable for the thoughts he chooses to entertain." --Richard Alan Miller

"If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable-what then?" --George Orwell

"It's not a matter of what is true (reality) that counts but a matter of what is perceived to be true (reality)." --Henry Kissinger

Thanks

http://county10.com/201021174044426240

https://petypeshift.blob.core.window...098aa3af29.jpg

Teen playing new Pokémon game on phone discovers body in Wind River

19-year-old Riverton resident Shayla Wiggins found the dead body floating in the Wind River this morning around 8:40 a.m. She's living with her mom Shawna Wiggins at the B&K Trailer Park for part of the summer.

Shayla tells County 10 that she woke up this morning and began playing a game on her cell phone called Pokémon Go, an augmented reality game that encourages the user to capture as many Pokémon as possible. "The Pokémon are all over Riverton," she said. Shayla showed County 10 the game on her cellphone which displayed a map of Riverton where these Pokémon are located.

"I was trying to get a Pokémon from a natural water resource," she explained. She said that she jumped over the fence to go towards the river in search of a Pokémon.

"I was walking towards the bridge along the shore when I saw something in the water," Shayla said. "I had to take a second look and I realized it was a body." She said the figure was floating about three feet from the shore and it looked like an average size male body. She reports that she thinks the man was native, but she can't be certain. She saw a black shirt and black pants. All of the body was reportedly submerged except for part of his back and butt.

"It was pretty shocking," Shayla said. "I didn't really know what to do at first. But I called 911 right away and they came really quickly." Shortly after authorities arrived they took Shayla down to the scene where she had indicated she found the body.
    Detectives told Shayla that they thought the body had been there for less than 24 hours.

Shayla was a bit shaken up after the incident. "I was pretty scared and cried for a while," she said.

The Fremont County Sheriff's Office has released the following information: “The death appears to be accidental in nature and possibly that of a drowning. There is no evidence at this time that would indicate foul play. Evidence located at the scene has led investigators to believe the man went into the water at the location he was found.” Read more here.

Feature Photo: Shayla Wiggins looking towards the river behind her house.

https://petypeshift.blob.core.window...4411e02c89.jpg

Thanks

Mark Dice:

Thanks

I enjoyed life a lot more before the internet and cellphones. Oh, and before diversity.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drycreek For This Useful Post:

Ares (11th July 2016),midnight rambler (11th July 2016)