Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In the rural Pacific Northwest, prepping for the day it hits the fan

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Re: In the rural Pacific Northwest, prepping for the day it hits the fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post

Whitey now only 34% in California

Democrats Gain Veto-Proof Majority in California Legislature

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Democrats have won two Republican-held California state Senate seats in the Central Valley, giving the party veto-proof supermajorities in both chambers of the Legislature.

Vote totals updated since Election Day made winners Monday of Melissa Hurtado and Assemblywoman Anna Caballero.Hurtado won the open 12th District seat while Caballero defeated Republican Sen. Andy Vidak in the neighboring 14th District. Both are in the Fresno area. Vidak, of Hanford, has held the seat since a special election in 2013.

The victories give Democrats a two-thirds advantage in the 40-member Senate. The party also has that advantage in the 80-seat Assembly. The party also holds every statewide office, led by Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom. Two-thirds majorities allow Democrats to raise taxes, suspend legislative rules and override vetoes without Republican votes.

All the state Assembly seats and half the Senate seats were up for grabs in the election. Democrats tried to capitalize on California voters' strong opposition to Republican President Donald Trump and opposed GOP-led efforts to repeal last year's gas and vehicle tax hikes that annually raise $5 billion to support transportation improvements. The ballot measure failed last week.Tens of thousands of votes remained to be counted after Election Day. As they were tallied, Hurtado and Caballero outpaced their rivals.Hurtado, a Sanger city councilwoman, held an 8,000-vote lead in the district that includes all or parts of Fresno, Kern, Kings and Tulare counties.

"During the course of the campaign my visits to communities convinced me we need to do more in the district in terms of improving access to health care, creating jobs, and providing children with a meaningful education," she said in a victory statement. "I promise to work hard on these issues. And as a member of the state Senate, I will stand with other Central Valley legislators to make sure we get our fair share of water."Vidak conceded Monday. "It has been the greatest honor of my life these past five years to represent my friends and neighbors in the 14th State Senate District," he said in a statement. The 12th District seat is being vacated by Republican Sen. Anthony Cannella, who could not run again because of term limits.Republican Madera County Supervisor Rob Poythress conceded his loss and congratulated Caballero. She led by about 6,200 votes in the district that includes all or parts of Fresno, Madera, Merced, Monterey, San Benito and Stanislaus counties."We gave it all and left nothing in the table," Poythress said in a statement.Caballero promised to work hard to meet the needs of rural residents on access to health care, education, clean water and clean air, affordable housing, and agricultural production in a Legislature dominated by lawmakers representing urban areas."The outcome tells me the message and vision of our campaign was the right one for rural California and the district's voters," she said in a statement.

Linky

Flee Fred
    I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,414 Times in 783 Posts

Flee Fred
    To where?

Please tell me of an all-White or nearly all-White sovereign territory that is also pro-White.

Idaho ain't it.

You've got, at best, 20 years...

Many of those "Whites" are Mestizoes

...probably less, as more and more "refugees" and "migrants" pour into America, despite Shabbos Goy-in-Chief's empty talk. And much less as Idaho shifts from hard-red to purple to blue...

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-la...y-affiliation/

I'm not going to run.
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (13th November 2018),midnight rambler (13th November 2018),Tumbleweed (13th November 2018),woodman (13th November 2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by End Times View Post

To where? Please tell me of an all-White or nearly all-White sovereign territory that is also pro-White...Idaho ain't it...You've got, at best, 20 years...I'm not going to run.

Twenty years is still twenty years...you would then be near 70.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

End Times (13th November 2018)

Thanks

Twenty years is still twenty years...you would then be near 70.

My Mom cannot flee with us. That's the first matter.

Don't think we haven't thought about "options." One of them being an RV, so we can live mobile.

We fled the cities, and gained 15 years of a semblance of what was. It would be a bittersweet experience to see all of the once-wonderful little civilized towns and areas no longer, if we fled once again.
    There is but one anchor to attach yourself to, as this world falls apart heading into the End Times. That anchor is the immovable God Almighty, through His Son Jesus Christ.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (13th November 2018)

Great Value Carrots
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,142 Posts

if we fled once again.
    Change of position is not synonymous with change of condition.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ziero0 For This Useful Post:

midnight rambler (13th November 2018)

Thanks

My Mom cannot flee with us. That's the first matter.

Don't think we haven't thought about "options." One of them being an RV, so we can live mobile.

We fled the cities, and gained 15 years of a semblance of what was. It would be a bittersweet experience to see all of the once-wonderful little civilized towns and areas no longer, if we fled once again.

I decided to move to Boise from the Bay Area in 1980. Didn't know a soul. Researched demographics at the library before there was an internet and just rented a U-Haul.

"Diversity" is certainly finally happening here now. The locals are naive and don't really have a clue what is happening. Still the best place in the USA for Whitey...

Thanks

I decided to move to Boise from the Bay Area in 1980. Didn't know a soul. Researched demographics at the library before there was an internet and just rented a U-Haul.

"Diversity" is certainly finally happening here now. The locals are naive and don't really have a clue what is happening. Still the best place in the USA for Whitey...

You made a wise move...38 years ago.

I had looked at Boise in 1998. Decided not to because family was in or near Sacramento at the time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to End Times For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (14th November 2018)