Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 115

Thread: Generation Z

  1. #21
    Great Value Carrots
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,946
    Thanks
    2,563
    Thanked 2,486 Times in 1,148 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed View Post
    I approve of your comment and it hits the mark perfectly!!

    No reason for any apologies.


    Something that has come to my attention lately is the 'tone' of what is said is often more important than the actual content. This has been happening with my daughters and granddaughters. I notice that when I am irritated (and quite justly so) I will try to get my ideas accross to them to make them understand my issues. They will completely shut down and become very upset and claim that I am out of line and 'yelling' at them. At this point they refuse to listen any longer and the conversation ends. I certainly don't yell at them and I believe I am talking very reasonable and calmly. I suppose there is an undertone to my speech that is somehow threatening to them. I believe some part of their ego is being rubbed wrong and they simply can't handle it. So it would seem that if a person says something in the right manner, they could tell someone to eat shit and the person would go away with a shit eating grin. Not so much what you say as how you say it.

    I have never been much for manipulating people and I simply aim to get my message across. At this point I am trying to be 'kinder and gentler' in bringing my points across.

    I wonder if you could call someone a nigger in a very respectful way and it would not be hurtful to them? However, the whole point of calling someone a nigger is to disrespect them. I think perhaps if one has enough innate respect for their self, they would easily shed such a comment.

  2. #22
    Great Value Carrots
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,425
    Thanks
    2,766
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,147 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    They will completely shut down and become very upset and claim that I am out of line and 'yelling' at them.
    When they hear something they don't want to hear, it sounds like yelling even when it isn't.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

    crimethink (2nd August 2017),Tumbleweed (2nd August 2017)

  4. #23
    Unobtanium crimethink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mystery Babylon
    Posts
    13,482
    Thanks
    9,400
    Thanked 6,802 Times in 4,310 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post
    Something that has come to my attention lately is the 'tone' of what is said is often more important than the actual content. This has been happening with my daughters and granddaughters. I notice that when I am irritated (and quite justly so) I will try to get my ideas accross to them to make them understand my issues. They will completely shut down and become very upset and claim that I am out of line and 'yelling' at them. At this point they refuse to listen any longer and the conversation ends. I certainly don't yell at them and I believe I am talking very reasonable and calmly. I suppose there is an undertone to my speech that is somehow threatening to them. I believe some part of their ego is being rubbed wrong and they simply can't handle it. So it would seem that if a person says something in the right manner, they could tell someone to eat shit and the person would go away with a shit eating grin. Not so much what you say as how you say it.

    I have never been much for manipulating people and I simply aim to get my message across. At this point I am trying to be 'kinder and gentler' in bringing my points across.

    I wonder if you could call someone a nigger in a very respectful way and it would not be hurtful to them? However, the whole point of calling someone a nigger is to disrespect them. I think perhaps if one has enough innate respect for their self, they would easily shed such a comment.
    Using a grenade when chocolate bars will do is obviously not a good tactic, but, do keep in mind that the vast majority of those who are "offended" by "strong language" are leftists who value emotion over facts. The leftists tell us to "be nice"* while they murder babies in the womb, flood sub-human killers & rapists into our countries, and generally yearn to destroy all that is beautiful in the name of "progress."

    When reception is essential, one will have to vary their approach actively, but how often that is needed is dependent upon the individual and situation. In such cases, one usually has to avoid the cliche of "religion and politics," as well, which, unfortunately, now involves almost everything, even sports and the weather. However, very few things here at GSUS have successful reception being essential, especially since most of those who are or would be "offended" are disingenuous or even outright enemy operatives.




    * when someone tells you to "be nice," always remember that "nice" comes from a root meaning stupid - Origin and Etymology of nice - Middle English, foolish, wanton, from Anglo-French, silly, simple, from Latin nescius ignorant, from nescire not to know — more at nescience
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

    hoarder (2nd August 2017),Tumbleweed (2nd August 2017),woodman (2nd August 2017)

  6. #24
    Great Value Carrots
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,425
    Thanks
    2,766
    Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,147 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by woodman View Post

    I wonder if you could call someone a nigger in a very respectful way and it would not be hurtful to them? However, the whole point of calling someone a nigger is to disrespect them. I think perhaps if one has enough innate respect for their self, they would easily shed such a comment.
    It depends on the person. I once had a wild and hot headed Irish oilfield boss that everyone avoided. A roustabout was assigned to be his assistant. I asked the roustabout how he dealt with it and he said you can call him anything to his face and get by with it as long as you're smiling when you say it.
    I think there is a key to unlock most people's minds, unfortunately I don't have the people skills to figure it out quickly.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoarder For This Useful Post:

    crimethink (2nd August 2017),woodman (2nd August 2017)

  8. #25
    Iridium
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,578
    Thanks
    3,618
    Thanked 3,324 Times in 2,112 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    Using a grenade when chocolate bars will do is obviously not a good tactic, but, do keep in mind that the vast majority of those who are "offended" by "strong language" are leftists who value emotion over facts. The leftists tell us to "be nice"* while they murder babies in the womb, flood sub-human killers & rapists into our countries, and generally yearn to destroy all that is beautiful in the name of "progress."

    When reception is essential, one will have to vary their approach actively, but how often that is needed is dependent upon the individual and situation. In such cases, one usually has to avoid the cliche of "religion and politics," as well, which, unfortunately, now involves almost everything, even sports and the weather. However, very few things here at GSUS have successful reception being essential, especially since most of those who are or would be "offended" are disingenuous or even outright enemy operatives.




    * when someone tells you to "be nice," always remember that "nice" comes from a root meaning stupid - Origin and Etymology of nice - Middle English, foolish, wanton, from Anglo-French, silly, simple, from Latin nescius ignorant, from nescire not to know — more at nescience
    I prefer to use the term "being respectful", personally. Or, just being friendly towards others. Nice, when someone says that, often means in a way of displaying weakness towards others. After all, women don't like nice guys, nor do they respect them. Just something to think about. However, it's good to respect others and our differences, providing they offer the same respect towards us.
    life is good.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

    Dogman (3rd August 2017)

  10. #26
    Unobtanium crimethink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mystery Babylon
    Posts
    13,482
    Thanks
    9,400
    Thanked 6,802 Times in 4,310 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    I prefer to use the term "being respectful", personally. Or, just being friendly towards others. Nice, when someone says that, often means in a way of displaying weakness towards others. After all, women don't like nice guys, nor do they respect them. Just something to think about. However, it's good to respect others and our differences, providing they offer the same respect towards us.
    Respect is earned, not demanded.

    Again, neither you nor I know what transpired prior to the artificial beginning of that video. I believe it's clearly edited to emphasis the "disrespec'" from the kid, without showing what led up to that. I'm very certain that the kid didn't just call him a Nigger out of the blue, without provocation.

    Our recent interaction here on GSUS demonstrated my point: I said something not nice about the nation of your ethnicity, and you reacted like the kid towards me. I went overboard, and deserved (some of) what you said.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

  11. #27
    Iridium
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,578
    Thanks
    3,618
    Thanked 3,324 Times in 2,112 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    Respect is earned, not demanded.

    Again, neither you nor I know what transpired prior to the artificial beginning of that video. I believe it's clearly edited to emphasis the "disrespec'" from the kid, without showing what led up to that. I'm very certain that the kid didn't just call him a Nigger out of the blue, without provocation.
    We both agree on that we don't know what transpired before the kid called him a nigger, but you can't be certain it wasn't out of the blue. The kid may just be around folks who don't like black people, whether or not, they deserve respect as individuals.

    Parents teach their kids by example. The kid's father, or less likely mother, may very well read this forum and teach the kid to call black people niggers.

    The only thing for certain, is you are siding with the kid because he's white, and making assumptions about the black dude, because he's black.

    That's just not the right Christian thing to do, imo.
    life is good.

  12. #28
    Unobtanium crimethink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mystery Babylon
    Posts
    13,482
    Thanks
    9,400
    Thanked 6,802 Times in 4,310 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    The only thing for certain, is you are siding with the kid because he's white, and making assumptions about the black dude, because he's black.
    You're making an assumption based solely on the use of the term "Nigger." Had the kid simply said "fuck you" to him, or called him a "piece of shit," you would not be as worked up and "outraged."

    I judge what I see. The Nigger - yes, Nigger - showed Typical Nigger Behavior by going in the store and yelling his "outrage." That gives me strong evidence there was much more to this story.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    That's just not the right Christian thing to do, imo.
    I'll say this again: Our recent interaction here on GSUS demonstrated my point: I said something not nice about the nation of your ethnicity, and you reacted like the kid towards me. I went overboard, and deserved (some of) what you said.

    Also: “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.” Jesus Himself initially ignored the woman's pleas for help, and used an epithet to refer to the woman. Instead of her shrieking about being called a dog, she expressed even more faith, and Jesus relented.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

  13. #29
    Iridium
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,578
    Thanks
    3,618
    Thanked 3,324 Times in 2,112 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    I'll say this again: Our recent interaction here on GSUS demonstrated my point: I said something not nice about the nation of your ethnicity, and you reacted like the kid towards me. I went overboard, and deserved (some of) what you said.
    Our recent interaction isn't so recent to me, it's long forgotten. Look, whatever bad words we said to each other, bygones, in my opinion. I don't care what you think of my ethnicity.

    Furthermore, I am not outraged or worked up by this topic.

    A black guy got called a nigger by a white kid, and he got pissed off. You want to justify the white kid's behavior with a bunch of assumptions and bullshit. You don't know any more than I do about what happened. It's all assumptions. You can tell a lot about a person, by what they assume.
    life is good.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitch For This Useful Post:

    Dogman (5th August 2017)

  15. #30
    Unobtanium crimethink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Mystery Babylon
    Posts
    13,482
    Thanks
    9,400
    Thanked 6,802 Times in 4,310 Posts

    Re: Generation Z

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Our recent interaction isn't so recent to me, it's long forgotten. Look, whatever bad words we said to each other, bygones, in my opinion. I don't care what you think of my ethnicity.
    That's not the point. You want to avoid the reality that you acted exactly as the kid did. You're forgiven on my part, as well.

    I don't really hate Poles, either.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    A black guy got called a nigger by a white kid, and he got pissed off. You want to justify the white kid's behavior with a bunch of assumptions and bullshit. You don't know any more than I do about what happened. It's all assumptions. You can tell a lot about a person, by what they assume.
    You assume the kid called him a Nigger "out of the blue."

    You assume no provocation occurred.

    We both saw how the Nigger reacted afterwards...and such behavior is, indeed, Typical Nigger Behavior. A logical conclusion is that much more transpired than what is on the video.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •