Thread: 2016-W Walking Liberty Half Dollar

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

2016-W Walking Liberty Half Dollar

For anyone considering buying. Sales began yesterday 11/17
    http://catalog.usmint.gov/walking-li...-coins#start=1

2016-W Walking Liberty Half Dollar

Mint completes the 2016 Centennial set: Walking Liberty gold half dollar sales begin
    How many coins will be sold during the first day? Now we know!

By William T. Gibbs , Coin World
    Published : 11/18/16

2016-W Walking Liberty gold half dollar
    After months of anticipation, collectors and dealers were finally able to start buying the 2016-W Walking Liberty half dollar on Nov. 17.
    Original images courtesy of the U.S. Mint.

Sales of the final coin in the U.S. Mint’s 2016 Centennial coin program — the 2016-W Walking Liberty gold half dollar — have gotten underway, and according to the Mint, 43,728 were sold during the first day of sales out of a maximum of 70,000 coins.

The half-ounce .999 fine gold coin is priced at $865, a price that carries a $250.60 premium over the gold content of the coin at the London PM Fix of $1,229.20 on Nov. 16.
    http://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coi...ollar.all.html

http://www.coinnews.net/wp-content/u...se-510x416.jpg

http://www.coinnews.net/wp-content/u...se-510x416.jpg
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Re: 2016-W Walking Liberty Half Dollar

Pretty coin but @ $865 a whack I'll stay on the sidelines....for now anyway and ride out the storm
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

EE, did you get one? I remember all the hassle it was getting the Standing Liberty Quarter, but it was worth it. My favorite gold coin. I'd love to get one of these, but the timing is bad for me right now. If they don't sell out in the next month, maybe I'll be able to swing it.
    life is good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    EE, did you get one? I remember all the hassle it was getting the Standing Liberty Quarter, but it was worth it. My favorite gold coin. I'd love to get one of these, but the timing is bad for me right now. If they don't sell out in the next month, maybe I'll be able to swing it.
    Yeah, I bought one.
    I think first day sales was strong enough we may see a pretty quick sell out. Maybe this one will make up for the SLQ not doing well?
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Iridium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    Yeah, I bought one.
    I think first day sales was strong enough, we may see a pretty quick sell out. Maybe this one will make up for the SLQ not doing well?
    The mintage is lower, plus they allow up to 3 per household. It may sell out quick, and I'll likely regret not getting one. I hope you share your opinions on it when you get it, how it compares to the SLQ in quality, etc. Anyway, congrats on the coin!
    life is good.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    The mintage is lower, plus they allow up to 3 per household. It may sell out quick, and I'll likely regret not getting one. I hope you share your opinions on it when you get it, how it compares to the SLQ in quality, etc. Anyway, congrats on the coin!
    I'm a fish and took the bait. I've had so many good experiences with US Mint coins, even if these don't do well and lose a little, I won't be hurt.
    A year from now we might be laughing at prices of everything we bought, or should have bought.
    Just my own opinion, Trump will do many great needed things for our country, but the downside of that is, I think, he is going to unleash the dreaded government suppressed inflation.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

Iridium
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    I'm a fish and took the bait. I've had so many good experiences with US Mint coins, even if these don't do well and lose a little, I won't be hurt.
    A year from now we might be laughing at prices of everything we bought, or should have bought.
    Just my own opinion, Trump will do many great needed things for our country, but the downside of that is, I think, he is going to unleash the dreaded government suppressed inflation.
    He might, or at least will be blamed for it if it happens. It's interesting what PM's are doing. For the most part, it's conservatives that buy and hold gold. The libs live in their fantasy land of iphones, free hand outs, etc. So, the price having gone down, seems to me that the conservative types are betting on Trump bringing back a booming economy, jobs, higher stock prices due to more movement and spending of the circulation of FRN's.

It's hard to imagine higher inflation without higher PM prices, but it might actually happen.

I sold about 4 oz of gold a month or so again, to help fund a major purchase. I got around $1275 an ounce for it, just bullion.

One good thing about your coin purchase, is that the coin will not be available at the end of the year. Hopefully the mintage stays low due to people being unsure on whether to buy gold, and if that happens, your coin will likely shoot up in value in the coming months. At least I hope that happens with my SLQ coins. I have 2, one to keep as an heirloom (I like this coin too much), and one to hopefully sell sometime for a profit.
    life is good.