Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anger can be a sin.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Anger can be a sin.

Something happened today, that caused me to reflect on this. I think anger can be a sin, even if it's directed appropriately. I think Jesus wants us to be the "bigger man" so to speak.

We will all face judgement. A lot of what we discuss, really isn't our battles to fight. Be the best person, God willing, you can be, and let some of these battles go.
    life is good.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Re: Anger can be a sin.

Ephesians is a good letter on wrath & anger. These are real, normal emotions.

“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. (Eph 4:25)

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice" (Eph 4:31)

"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." (Eph. 6:4)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ximmy For This Useful Post:

crimethink (9th January 2017),Hitch (9th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Unobtanium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 2,128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jewboo View Post
    I believe "elemenope" is the longest letter of the english language.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    Ephesians is a good letter on wrath & anger. These are real, normal emotions.

“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. (Eph 4:25)

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice" (Eph 4:31)

"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." (Eph. 6:4)
    Thanks, Ximmy.
    life is good.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
    Something happened today, that caused me to reflect on this. I think anger can be a sin, even if it's directed appropriately. I think Jesus wants us to be the "bigger man" so to speak.

We will all face judgement. A lot of what we discuss, really isn't our battles to fight. Be the best person, God willing, you can be, and let some of these battles go.
    Motivation is the determining factor. Even "love" can be a sin.

I struggle with the failing of Peter all the time: wanting to forcefully correct things I cannot...or should not.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Thanks

Am I misreading this, but does that mean "OP is a bundle of sticks" (faggot)?
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

Jewboo (9th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimethink View Post
    Am I misreading this, but does that mean "OP is a bundle of sticks" (faggot)?
    Bingo. OP is apparently attempting to sell us "love thy enemy" masochism and negate our natural instinctive fight or flight reaction to harm. Anger is a natural instantaneous survival response via Adrenalin.

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

Thanks

[SIZE=3]Bingo. OP is apparently attempting to sell us "love thy enemy" masochism and negate our natural instinctive fight or flight reaction to harm. Anger is a natural instantaneous survival response via Adrenalin.
    Without knowing the actual details of Hitch's encounter that led him to believe his anger may have been sin, I can't comment too much further. It would also be important to know if the target of his anger was a brother.

As you know, controlling one's anger is not unique to the teachings of Christ. Buddha, likewise, in particular.

Is anger always a sin? Absolutely not.

Failure to act in the face of wrong is sin.

Anger for selfish reasons or without a just reason is the converse.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crimethink For This Useful Post:

Neuro (10th January 2017),Tumbleweed (10th January 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,956 Times in 4,576 Posts

Bingo. OP is apparently attempting to sell us "love thy enemy" masochism and negate our natural instinctive fight or flight reaction to harm. Anger is a natural instantaneous survival response via Adrenalin.

Propaganda alert!
    The illustration is incorrect and is the result of Jewish editing of the bible. It was not the Romans, it was the Jews that killed Jesus.
    DON'T TAKE THE VACCINE!

THE SHIT HAS HIT THE FAN!