Here is a two minute trailer for a new full lenth film, Betting On Zero, that is about to come out about MLM schemes,

https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/...m_medium=email

Hope that link works.

focused mainly on HerbalLife in the film, but applies universally to all MLMs. Right now I am thinking about those supplements sold by Ben Fuchs and that Tangy Tangerine stuff, which curiously I don't hear anything about much anymore, and essential oils selling, which seems like another scam.

IMO, ANY and ALL PRODUCTS that are sold via this multi level method are a ripoff of the expendable people at the bottom by the people at the top. The products become superfluous and you won't really find a generally good product for a reasonable price sold this way. You may find a few high quality products but sold at exorbitant prices, and you will find a sea of low-quality mediocre products that are overpriced. All of the products seem to fall out of the picture, like Tangy Tangerine, after the initial marketing hype. A product has a marketing life but really good products sold at reasonable prices and not sold via MLM stay profitable and on the market for years.

This may open a little discussion in general about pitfalls of MLMs here but maybe everybody here already is wised up on this subject. I just think educating people about this is important because people who are experiencing financial difficulties are the prime targets of this scheme and are the most hurt by being ripped off, and there are more and more people who are in dire financial straights these days.

_______

I remember years ago going to a presentation about some kind of thing sold that way and the guy was a really performer and entertainer and was really able to draw in and play on the worst weaknesses in humans.

I also would comment that in that video trailer of that huge audicence being given the treatment, it looks just like those huge audiences I used to see years ago on the "best preachers" on the Trinity Broadcasting Network years ago when I had cable and watched TV.

The speech is the same kind of psychological manipulation that Alex Jones and Dr. Group often employ about their super products.