Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I bought a few silver Krugarrands.. Just for kicks and giggles... will post pics when

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Re: I bought a few silver Krugarrands.. Just for kicks and giggles... will post pics

Then its more than worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ximmy View Post
    I'm taking a chance on them... if they go down a little I'll buy more... I'm giving two away, one each to my brother and sister.

If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

Re: I bought a few silver Krugarrands.. Just for kicks and giggles... will post pics

moderncoinmart
    Thanks and congrats on the acquisition.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 4,647 Times in 3,216 Posts

From Apmex.

2017 South Africa 1 oz Silver Krugerrand Proof

• Product Details

This is the first Proof Silver Krugerrand minted by the South African Mint. Celebrate 50 years of the Krugerrand by purchasing the first Silver Krugerrand.

Coin Highlights:

• Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
    • Comes in a box and with a certificate of authenticity.
    • Mintage of only 15,000 pieces.
    • Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
    • Reverse: A Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, along with the year of minting, face value and Silver weight. A small privy stamp of the number 50 in a circle is above the antelope.
    • Minted at the South African Mint.

I don't think ximmy is making a bad buy. Hasn't ximmy been a good buying indicator for collectable coins? It's almost a "hey dumbasses, don't forget" post, not going to mention the gloating part.
    “Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by Jackasses. It is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”
    H.L. Mencken

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
    H. L. Mencken

Thanks
    Thanked 6,223 Times in 2,640 Posts

Ximmy is making a speculative play. The silver content is almost irrelevant to the price of the round. The thing is, this round has a high entry price. So very few will buy this coin; mainly hard core collectors. Will it go up in value? Depends on the mintage.
    Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don't have brains enough to be honest. -Benjamin Franklin
    Sincerity makes the very least person to be of more value than the most talented hypocrite. -Charles Spurgeon

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Agreed, as usual she's one step ahead of the rest of us!

I'm investing in these:

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/MN4AAO...1rw/s-l500.jpg They can only go up in value!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    From Apmex.

2017 South Africa 1 oz Silver Krugerrand Proof

I don't think ximmy is making a bad buy. Hasn't ximmy been a good buying indicator for collectable coins? It's almost a "hey dumbasses, don't forget" post, not going to mention the gloating part.
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

White men made them
    https://chikaforafrica.files.wordpre...011/09/408.jpg

http://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/m...5_83031513.jpg

http://image.zn.ua/media/images/orig...2013/69752.jpg
    Gots ta keep dat rich white gurl Ximmy in shiny trinkets so she be happy...

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

crimethink (15th March 2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EE_ View Post
    A handful of those and I'd have a FAL.

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,691 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osoab View Post
    Ximmy might be right about this one, with only 15K mintage. Hang on to them for a few years, and see what happens. The gold krug is one of the most widely known coins ever minted. Little brother silver Krug, with only 15K of them first year, might play out nicely for Ximmy.
    life is good.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Bullion is only meant to be collected, so that it can be ground into the dirt out front.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,034 Times in 4,008 Posts

If I bury all my silver in the dirt on my land, does that count?
    "Liberty is so creative, and the government is so stupid, that I’m very optimistic about the future"
    - Lew Rockwell