Thread: Weinerful random Preparedness tips and info

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Weinerful random Preparedness tips and info

I spend a good bit of time surfing YouTube preparedness channels and have gleaned lots of information that seems very good, even for those of us choosing by necessity of having to bug in rather than bugging out. I will just use this thread to make my contributions.

First of all, would like to plug Off Grid Nation YouTube channel.

...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_...APaQtS60unQs7w...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_...APaQtS60unQs7w

Tommy there is walking the walk. He ditched his high pay financial services business and has been unemployed for last several months trying to move his family to true homestead property in rural North Carolina near Charlotte. He just signed the deal for a 4.5 acre beautiful home and property and if all goes well will move in with wife and two children and dogs and chickens in about 30 days. Tommy also has a true more rural bug out camp called Off Grid Acres that is just over the border into South Carolina.

Tommy is a patriot and strongly supports Bundy matter in Oregon Nevada .

We can follow his full time homesteading odyssey and making a living by working completely from the homestead by subscribing to his channel and giving a thumbs up for videos you like. I personally have for years been in effect banned from subscribing on YouTube and cannot participate in chats for live shows but I can do thumbs up and I have heard views is even more important than subscribes on YT. Tommy has never been much into making money off YT and is kind of neutral on that but he may rely on it more on his YT efforts as a part time income until it becomes more clear how he can bring in some income off his new homestead. I just think this will be an interesting journey to follow on YT of his setting up his new homestead. Tommy relies heavily on tips and comments to help him from his commenters as he really does not yet have a deep fund of knowledge on these matters, but he and his family are defintiely ready and willing and able to take instruction and positive criticism to help them on their way.

So go there and subscribe and view and comment -- PLEASE

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_...APaQtS60unQs7w

I will also use this thread to post comments and tips about my feeble preparedness efforts, living in the suburbs deep behind enemy lines in central Texas. Will also share info I have about vitamins and supplements and health issues, from my experience only. Not wanting to push or sell anything and really not wanting to profit money wise from anything.

I'm very much into recycling, repurposing, and collecting and storing a "boneyard" of materials for pro re nada. PRN

...https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nido-Inst....6-Oz/10801067...

I always put leading and trailing three periods so URL does not truncate. Just a quirk of mine so have to copy and paste my links.

This stuff is only powdered milk I have ever bought that tastes like real and good milk. That is because it has the fat still in it. Most if not all other brands are non-fat and that is why they do not taste good. I mix this stuff up and add a tiny bit of my preferred no-calorie sweetener but just mixing per label with only water is still great tasting. Can get lower price per ounce by buying larger containers.

I have an old extra refrigerator in my garage and I store these canisters there. It is good for a very long time but can't give particulars time wise. Good tasting milk in preparedness supplies is just plain smart. You could life on just this milk probably for a long time.

I think milk is a good food and this one is even fortified with vitamins and since I drink a good bit of it, this saves me from running to the store when I run out of store bought milk.

The key to this product is that it tastes good enough so that family will not balk at drinking it. You do not have to sacrifice taste for many food storage items.

Walmart delivers free for $35 purchase and delivers in two days on many items. This should be taken advantage of. Ditch Amazon.

I will add other items later.

Peace and love to all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dachsie For This Useful Post:

madfranks (16th March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,857 Posts

Re: Weinerful random Preparedness tips and info

Here is a video about Nestle Fortificada dry powdered milk by a lady who lives off grid. She agrees with me that this is a tasty and handy way to always have milk on hand, and good tasting milk, not that bad old powdered nonfat stuff. This has fat and vitamins in it and tastes good.

They have this at Walmart and Walmart.com in several sizes. This stuff works great as a powdered coffee creamer too and is healthier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYSsqsBjnPg

P.S.

As far as buying and stocking food preparedness items, I have noticed that grocery store prices have sort of increased noticeably in the last three weeks or so. No more good buys in their weekly ads.
    If you see some canned vegetables like beans or tomatoes with green chilis or corn that are like 60 cents, would say this is a pretty good price for buying several of and storing. Also canned white potatoes seems like a good thing to have on hand.

It takes a few years to build up a garden to have enough to be a steady supply of food in case stores close, so still think, for right now at least, try to build up a supply of store bought canned goods. Also canning and having a "root cellar" is just not practical for many of us.

I think having at least a small extra refrigeraton and freezer is great for buying good deals on fruits in season and then prepping them and putting them in plastic bags and freezing.

Was going to donate my old fridge with freezer but decided to keep it and it really has been a helpful way to store things longer and to have extra freezer space. Do not get rid of old working refrigerators.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,806 Times in 4,311 Posts

Fat > Rancidity > Short Shelf Life

Shelf life is 12 months:

https://www.nestlenido.com/en/faqs

Might not taste as good, but this is 15 years:

https://beprepared.com/instant-nonfa...large-can.html

The Emergency Essentials milk is not a mega-corporation chemicalized product, either.
    The night has come upon us, and we have but two choices: to fear it, or to face it bravely while looking to the Light that cannot be overcome. John 8:12

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

We stopped drinking cows milk a long time ago. Cow's milk is for, well....cows!
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!