Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacific Ocean is “Turning Into a Desert”

Thanks
    Thanked 2,434 Times in 1,844 Posts

Pacific Ocean is “Turning Into a Desert”

dont worry, they are just starfish, at the bottom of the ocean food chain

human competition is killing off animal competition and committing suicide by the same token.. that is what happens when one has dominion over nature... so is man an animal or does he have the responsibility and the choice to avoid his own extinction... where stands the "magical darwinian gene", the ultimate hoax? Blaming it all on AI? well it is precisely why transhumans are about to make a break through, because society endorses competition as a way of life. Corporations only get a slap on the wrists every now and then but will never pay to clean up after themselves because their shareholders would vanish.
    ================================================== =========

March 23, 2017
    Massive Cover-Up Alleged To Be Ongoing At Large, West Coast Universities As The Pacific Ocean Food Chain Collapse
    http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-04-0...ll-follow.html

=================================
    Study Finds Plastic Ending Up In The Guts Of Some California Fish
    September 25, 2015
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...half-moon-bay/

==================================

A startling new report says in no uncertain terms that the Pacific Ocean off the California coast is turning into a desert. Once full of life, it is now becoming barren, and marine mammals, seabirds and fish are starving as a result. According to Ocean Health:

The waters of the Pacific off the coast of California are a clear, shimmering blue today, so transparent it’s possible to see the sandy bottom below […] clear water is a sign that the ocean is turning into a desert, and the chain reaction that causes that bitter clarity is perhaps most obvious on the beaches of the Golden State, where thousands of emaciated sea lion pups are stranded.

[…]

Over the last three years, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has noticed a growing number of strandings on the beaches of California and up into the Pacific north-west. In 2013, 1,171 sea lions were stranded, and 2,700 have already stranded in 2015 – a sign that something is seriously wrong, as pups don’t normally wind up on their own until later in the spring and early summer.

“[An unusually large number of sea lions stranding in 2013 was a red flag] there was a food availability problem even before the ocean got warm.”Johnson: This has never happened before… It’s incredible. It’s so unusual, and there’s no really good explanation for it. There’s also a good chance that the problem will continue, said a NOAA research scientist in climatology, Nate Mantua.

Experts blame a lack of food due to unusually warm ocean waters. NOAA declared an El Nino, the weather pattern that warms the Pacific, a few weeks ago. The water is three and a half to six degrees warmer than the average, according to Mantua, because of a lack of north wind on the West Coast. Ordinarily, the north wind drives the current, creating upwelling that brings forth the nutrients that feed the sardines, anchovies and other fish that adult sea lions feed on.

Fox News added:

The warm water is likely pushing prime sea lion foods — market squid, sardines and anchovies — further north, forcing the mothers to abandon their pups for up to eight days at a time in search of sustenance.

The pups, scientists believe, are weaning themselves early out of desperation and setting out on their own despite being underweight and ill-prepared to hunt.

[…]

“These animals are coming in really desperate. They’re at the end of life. They’re in a crisis … and not all animals are going to make it,” said Keith A. Matassa, executive director at the Pacific Marine Mammal Center, which is currently rehabilitating 115 sea lion pups.

The same is true of seabirds on the Washington State coast:

In the storm debris littering a Washington State shoreline, Bonnie Wood saw something grisly: the mangled bodies of dozens of scraggly young seabirds. Walking half a mile along the beach at Twin Harbors State Park on Wednesday, Wood spotted more than 130 carcasses of juvenile Cassin’s auklets—the blue-footed, palm-size victims of what is becoming one of the largest mass die-offs of seabirds ever recorded. “It was so distressing,” recalled Wood, a volunteer who patrols Pacific Northwest beaches looking for dead or stranded birds. “They were just everywhere. Every ten yards we’d find another ten bodies of these sweet little things.”

“This is just massive, massive, unprecedented,” said Julia Parrish, a University of Washington seabird ecologist who oversees the Coastal Observation and Seabird Survey Team (COASST), a program that has tracked West Coast seabird deaths for almost 20 years. “We may be talking about 50,000 to 100,000 deaths. So far.” (source)

100,000 doesn’t necessarily sound large, statistically speaking, but precedent in the history of recorded animal deaths suggests that it is, in fact massive. Even National Geographic is noting that these die off events are “unprecedented.” Warmer water is indicated for much of the starvation faced by many of the dead animals.

Last year, scientists sounded the alarm over the death of millions of star fish, blamed on warmer waters and ‘mystery virus’:

Starfish are dying by the millions up and down the West Coast, leading scientists to warn of the possibility of localized extinction of some species. As the disease spreads, researchers may be zeroing in on a link between warming waters and the rising starfish body count. (source)

[…] MORE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzboANfUJwI

==================================================

==========================

THE PLASTIC BOOM - RUN UP FOR PROFITS - DESTROYING THE PLANET

The 192 countries with a coast bordering the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian oceans, Mediterranean and Black seas produced a total of 2.5 billion metric tons of solid waste. Of that, 275 million metric tons was plastic, and an estimated 8 million metric tons of mismanaged plastic waste entered the ocean in 2010
    February 12, 2015
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0212154422.htm
    https://images.duckduckgo.com/iur/?f..._1_900x600.jpg
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to singular_me For This Useful Post:

agnut (4th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,816 Times in 4,307 Posts

Re: Pacific Ocean is “Turning Into a Desert”

human competition is killing off animal competition and committing suicide by the same token.. that is what happens when one has dominion over nature... so is man an animal or does he have the responsibility and the choice to avoid his own extinction... where stands the "magical darwinian gene", the ultimate hoax? Blaming it all on AI? well it is precisely why transhumans are about to make a break through, because society endorses competition as a way of life. Corporations only get a slap on the wrists every now and then but will never pay to clean up after themselves because their shareholders would vanish.
    Says the hypocrite who uses electricity, and computer whose raw materials are usually produced by near slave labor conditions from war torn countries.

Get off your fucking high horse, its getting pathetic.

because society endorses competition as a way of life

Ummmm no, that is life in general. From microbial life up to advanced multi cell organisms.

You're lost in your own delusions.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Some Libertarians are born, the government makes the rest."
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

agnut (4th April 2017)

Thanks

not too shabby... shooting the messenger...

it takes more courage to awaken to the fact that darwin is a monunetal hoax that glues everything together.... because if any real change must get a chance to help humanity, that is where we must strike at the core... all the rest is consequences, and what you write below by extension. Materialism is a mega trap...

It is the premise of money and darwin the problem and you seem to have a mental block here. Not me.

oops, my laptop is 8 year old, and plan to by a new one this year, FINALLY , my only serious budget is wholesome food, for the rest, I live veryyy frugally, get my cloths at goodwill and militate for a change in mindset. Now if you have a problem with it... that is your problem, right

every groupthink has a BLACK SHEEP. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Says the hypocrite who uses electricity, and computer whose raw materials are usually produced by near slave labor conditions from war torn countries.

Get off your fucking high horse, its getting pathetic.

Ummmm no, that is life in general. From microbial life up to advanced multi cell organisms.

You're lost in your own delusions.
    All the money that exists cannot buy Earth, and the evidence is that we destroy our habitat as a result, thinking that we can just seize and pillage as we see fit. If crowds endorse the pursuit of wealth at their own level, they cannot prevent multinationals from doing exactly the same. The “dystopian endless growth paradigm” is going to end with a bang but will open the door to a premise endorsing that Earth is the only wealth we truly have while journeying through life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by singular_me View Post
    not too shabby... shooting the messenger...
    No, you can pass your message and leave the ridiculous commentary out if it. THEN you would be the messenger. What I quoted was not the message, but your hypocritical idiocy.

it takes more courage to awaken to the fact that darwin is a monunetal hoax that glues everything together.... because if any real change must get a chance to help humanity, that is where we must strike at the core... all the rest is consequences, and what you write below by extension. Materialism is a mega trap...
    Sure, just as soon as you can convey your lack of logic and reasoning to certain molds to stop producing forms of penicillin that prohibits bacteria from consuming the same resources as the mold, you know competition.....

It is the premise of money and darwin the problem and you seem to have a mental block here. Not me.
    The only mental block is you having your head so far up your ass that the light you think you see is knowledge when it's really the doctors flash light wondering how you got your head so far up there.

oops, my laptop is 8 year old, and plan to by a new one this year, FINALLY , my only serious budget is wholesome food, for the rest, I live veryyy frugally, get my cloths at goodwill and militate for a change in mindset. Now if you have a problem with it... that is your problem, right
    Going to use money to make that purchase I assume?

every groupthink has a BLACK SHEEP. LOL
    You are your own group think, minus any semblance of reality.
    "Paper is poverty, it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788
    "The greatest threat to the state is when the people figure out they can exist without them." - Twisted Titan
    "Voting is nothing more than a slaves suggestion box, voting on a new master every few years does not make you free."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

Most evils can be traced to their roots.

In this case once again its fiat currency and cheap plastic products from China.

Silicon-Environ Californians will not own up to this so as to protect their royalty and status.

Only Gold and Silver can save the planet.

A moneyless society will not do, cause you need a THING to save the planet. Not a THING (or nothing) won't do it.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Horn For This Useful Post:

agnut (4th April 2017),Ares (4th April 2017),old steel (5th April 2017)

Thanks

... you seem to have missed that I posted an article yesterday saying that right now, our current technology could create 49% joblessness overnight... so tell me how money can resolve this headache?

There is nobody to blame but ourselves. As long as we endorse a blame game we cannot see the real stakes.

I believe that many people on here entertain the idea that they will get RICH with their stashes, but it wont happen, because it is the end of the paradigm (of materialism). Cannot be stretched any longer. Money will not save the world but the way we see life and getting less attached to our materialistic possessions. Because they is HOW/WHY the NWO was able to trick the game to start with. Man has lived in a perpetual state of separatedness (inner spiritual divide) since about millennia.

There is no monetary issue per se but a war on CONSCIOUSNESS/AWARENESS/SPIRITUALITY and as long as it is not acknowledged, money will lead to much of the same outcomes, human sufferings.

Only the awareness of the Universe/God is all there is. The future of mankind will be spiritual oriented or AI and its minions will make us obsolete. Money has always been the smokescreen... and it is time to see beyond it

More realisically money has never really worked out... history is there to prove it: it just helps some concentrate an incredible wealth. Arent you tired with that fight and chasing money like cavemen to empower a top 1%?

Yes there are extremely serious questions.... metaphilosophical and metaphysical

sorry guys, I am some female version of J. Krishnamurti , like it or not, I dont care

Quote Originally Posted by Horn View Post
    Most evils can be traced to their roots.

In this case once again its fiat currency and cheap plastic products from China.

Silicon-Environ Californians will not own up to this so as to protect their royalty and status.

Only Gold and Silver can save the planet.

A moneyless society will not do, cause you need a THING to save the planet. Not a THING (or nothing) won't do it.

Thanks

you are not convincing to say the least, really

please tell me how money can/will save the job market when jobs will never come back... rationally speaking. ?

yes and I repeat man has no need to compete because he is NOT an animal, but if you cannot wrap your mind around that premise, indeed, we cannot see the issues the same way.

sorry guys, I am some female version of J. Krishnamurti , like it or not, I dont care .. what I am defending on here has been approached by COUNTLESS spiritualists/philosophers. No idiocy but very serious debate.

Blaming the cheap plastic from china is an excuse... the real bottom line is: HOW WERENT WE ABLE TO FORESEE THE LONG TERM DAMAGES CAUSED BY PLASTIC... answer: because profits were enormous. Fiat money makes it even worse... people are truly blind when $$ is on the table. The profits of war, did also exist when gold/silver were currencies. And this rather proves the point I am attempting to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    No, you can pass your message and leave the ridiculous commentary out if it. THEN you would be the messenger. What I quoted was not the message, but your hypocritical idiocy..

Thanks

you are not convincing to say the least, really
    Says the hypocrite.......

please tell me how money can/will save the job market when jobs will never come back... rationally speaking. ?
    I've never said money can or would save the job market. You said it couldn't and yet have not convinced anyone how not using money could lead to a better world / civilization even RATIONALLY... Yet you demand a rational explanation.... That's ironic.... LOL

yes and I repeat man has no need to compete because he is NOT an animal, but if you cannot wrap your mind around that premise, indeed, we cannot see the issues the same way.
    Which is why I say you are delusional. Man has to compete with nature, as well as each other for resources. Competition is built into our DNA which is why you are never going to get rid of it. If man never competed, WE WOULD NOT BE HERE discussing this on a forum.

sorry guys, I am some female version of J. Krishnamurti , like it or not, I dont care .. what I am defending on here has been approached by COUNTLESS spiritualists/philosophers. No idiocy but very serious debate.
    It is idiocy as it's grounded in a false sense of self as well as the reality in which we all live. It's been approached "COUNTLESS" times as you say, but has never had much success in its implementation... Gee I wonder why that is? Delusions are not compatible with reality, I'll give you the answer...

Blaming the cheap plastic from china is an excuse... the real bottom line is: HOW WERENT WE ABLE TO FORESEE THE LONG TERM DAMAGES CAUSED BY PLASTIC... answer: because profits were enormous. Fiat money makes it even worse... people are truly blind when $$ is on the table. The profits of war, did also exist when gold/silver were currencies. And this rather proves the point I am attempting to make.
    It was foreseen decades ago, and was rallied against by countless others generations before you were born. How you can sit there with a straight face and still try to say that "How weren't we able to foresee the long term damages caused by plastic" falls flat on it's face with empirical evidence that says otherwise.

1970's environmental movement rallied against plastics and called them toxic. Your so blind sided by your own bullshit that you think no one else has seen any of this coming.. Really? What fucking world do you think you live in where you're some how the only "intelligent" (and I use that word LOOSELY) individual to come to this realization?

Let me spell it out to you, it's not corporations that are driving this it's HUMAN BEINGS that are driving this. Corporations DO NOT MAKE PRODUCTS THAT NO ONE WILL BUY... End of discussion.

Come up with a cheap viable alternative that is non-toxic and biodegrades. Until then STFU and stop being such a god damn hypocrite.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,868 Times in 2,349 Posts

... you seem to have missed that I posted an article yesterday saying that right now, our current technology could create 49% joblessness overnight... so tell me how money can resolve this headache?

There is nobody to blame but ourselves. As long as we endorse a blame game we cannot see the real stakes.

I believe that many people on here entertain the idea that they will get RICH with their stashes, but it wont happen, because it is the end of the paradigm (of materialism). Cannot be stretched any longer. Money will not save the world but the way we see life and getting less attached to our materialistic possessions. Because they is HOW/WHY the NWO was able to trick the game to start with. Man has lived in a perpetual state of separatedness (inner spiritual divide) since about millennia.

There is no monetary issue per se but a war on CONSCIOUSNESS/AWARENESS/SPIRITUALITY and as long as it is not acknowledged, money will lead to much of the same outcomes, human sufferings.

Only the awareness of the Universe/God is all there is. The future of mankind will be spiritual oriented or AI and its minions will make us obsolete. Money has always been the smokescreen... and it is time to see beyond it

More realisically money has never really worked out... history is there to prove it: it just helps some concentrate an incredible wealth. Arent you tired with that fight and chasing money like cavemen to empower a top 1%?

Yes there are extremely serious questions.... metaphilosophical and metaphysical

sorry guys, I am some female version of J. Krishnamurti , like it or not, I dont care
    Dont take it personally, singular

Yur articles may have been futikake

Piles of technology is vested and insured through fiat, if no fiat mankind would just be reaching for 70's technology about now.

Still each or any tech does not dispose humanity, only reinforces more production of humanity.

With exception of social technology which has your desired effect of population reduction.

"This statistic shows the number of full-time Facebook employees from 2004 to 2016. In 2007, 450 people were employed by Facebook, Inc. and as of December 2016, 17,048 people were in full-time employment by the social networking company"

Makework will demand Silver in any case.
    Donald J. Trump IS our very first Black U.S. President

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Horn For This Useful Post:

agnut (4th April 2017)

Thanks

I've never said money can or would save the job market. You said it couldn't and yet have not convinced anyone how not using money could lead to a better world / civilization even RATIONALLY... Yet you demand a rational explanation.... That's ironic.... LOL
    that humans have the dominion over nature because they arent designed to react like animals? The irrationality is not being able to comprehend this. You say anyone, but there are millions of people thinking like me on earth... they just do not wander this forum. Humans do NOT need the incentive of money to value themselves. The carrot and the tick is for cavemen

There is no monetary issue per se but a war on CONSCIOUSNESS/AWARENESS/SPIRITUALITY and as long as it is not acknowledged, money will lead to much of the SAME outcomes, human sufferings will increase exponentially. Many are aware that the real battle is spiritual today in the world, and money will have to follow this premise. Either with a new economic zero-sum game model or let go monetarism.

can you grasp this?

It is idiocy as it's grounded in a false sense of self as well as the reality in which we all live. It's been approached "COUNTLESS" times as you say, but has never had much success in its implementation... Gee I wonder why that is? Delusions are not compatible with reality, I'll give you the answer...
    yeah because following the money - materialism - is a religion onto itself. Materialism is the delusion, the paramount of all illusions. And this nobody can teach anybody. The data is out there for those who wish to escape linear/circular thinking

Matter obeys the spiritual or lack thereof . If you can disprove this, you won this debate.