Thread: New Intel based Core vPro PC's PERMANENTLY hackable

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

New Intel based Core vPro PC's PERMANENTLY hackable

from Jim Stone

Remote CPU access

For this web site, this is old news, 2011 news. That is when this web site first reported uncontrollable remote access, and now the "tech experts" are catching up . . . . .

The original report was titled "Is Intel's Sandy Bridge on a road to nowhere". It was one of my early reports about Intel processors having a 3g back door that can be used to kill them and fake an EMP attack. But I did not see the obvious at that time - that any 3g connection will allow a full on rape of the entire system.

Now, more than half a decade later, others are finally catching up!

Ray sent:

extremetech dot com/computing/248919-major-intel-security-flaw-serious-first-thought

"Major Intel Security Flaw Is More Serious Than First Thought"

By Joel Hruska on May 8, 2017

"Last week, Intel disclosed a serious security flaw that could be used to gain remote access to business computers without the OS ever knowing such access had occurred. Now we know the situation is even worse than we thought."

Jim, your reservations about Intel chips are coming to light...

Ray" My response: I am going to say it again as I said it then: There is no security whatsoever with Intel chips. They recently admitted to this in the professional chips, but the back door is in ALL OF THEM since Sandy Bridge. Everything on your computer can be assumed immediately accessible to the government (and whoever else is privileged) via the cell phone network. They just dial into your computer through a connection you don't know about and take whatever they want.

No one else out there will admit this yet - that all Intel based computers, even at the consumer level, can be accessed at will by the government and there is no possible way to secure them.

HERE IS MY ORIGINAL MENTION OF INTEL VULNERABILITY

Is Intel's Sandy Bridge on a road to nowhere?

Intel's new remote kill switch could be used to end computing under the cover of a fake EMP disaster

Jim Stone, Freelance Journalist, June 4 2011

Within any power structure that has fallen into darkness like America's has, there is a need to control the information recieved by the governed. Widespread knowledge of even one key truth can bring such power structures to an end; they do, after all, need the will and support of their governed to survive.

The internet was an ambush to them. Initially the "elite" intended computers to be a way to gain access to the most intricate information about people's lives. They used popular bulletin boards such as America Online and Prodigy as spy machines, which worked well because they kept an identity of everyone who posted anything on them. The internet changed that. Because the internet was decentralized and allowed anonymity, it became a potent weapon in the hands of the people, and the elite are desperately seeking ways to shut it down and end computing as we know it.

With entire economic communities, vast numbers of casual users, and widespread communication taking place on the web, shutting it down has become politically impossible without the very real chance of sparking an armed rebellion.

But what if such a shutdown could happen, with the blame directed away from those who caused it? Intel's Sandy bridge technology, which allows remote shutdown of a CPU via the cellular phone network could be used to end computing as we know it if such technologies become widespread and a fake EMP disaster is created as an explanation for why all the computers died. Keep that old PC in the closet!

UPDATE, March 12, 2012
    I don't have time to work on this subject right now, but I have made a few discoveries to quickly go over - First of all, the AMD A series of processors offer stiff competition to Intel I series processors, including Sandy Bridge, at a better value. The AMD processors also contain the cell link, but when attacked, don't go down as easy. This is because the AMD A series uses a CPU die with 4 totally separate CPU cores, and the Sandy Bridge is a single core that emulates 4 cores. SO when attacked, the 4 discrete core setup from AMD remains more stable, and since it is very power efficient, it's hard to damage. The AMD Cpu's do not have the hardware kill, they use a bios rooted soft kill that pegs the CPU. If you are smart enough to realize the CPU is flaming hot and shut it down before death, it is then just a matter of purging the bios. I learned this first hand! Fourtunately I bought an A6. It's awesome. I have a lot more to say but no time to say it.

For now, here are a few links:

http://www.examiner.com/technology-i...te-kill-switch http://www.techspot.com/news/41643-i...ll-switch.html http://www.bloggerisme.com/intel-san...-as-alarm.html http://www.itworldcanada.com/news/in...ll-pill/142499 http://www.eutimes.net/2010/12/remot...-sandy-bridge/

Here is another old report from this web site on the topic of hackable Intel chips

New Intel based PC's PERMANENTLY hackable

Jim Stone, May 23 2012

So you think no one can access your data because your computer is turned off. Heck it's more than turned off, you even took the main hard drive out, and only the backup disk is inside. There is no operating system installed at all. So you KNOW you are safe.

Frank from across the street is an alternative operating systems hobbyist, and he has tons of computers. He has Free BSD on a couple, his own compilation of Linux on another, a Mac for the wife, and even has Solaris on yet another. Frank knows systems security, so he cannot be hacked . . . . . . . or so he thinks.

The government does not like Frank much, because they LOVE to look at everything. Privacy is a crime don't you know, and it looks like Frank's luck with privacy is about to run out.

The new Intel Core vPro processors contain a new remote access feature which allows 100 percent remote acess to a PC 100 percent of the time, even if the computer is TURNED OFF. Core vPro processors contain a second physical processor embedded within the main processor which has it's own operating system embedded on the chip itself. As long as the power supply is available and and in working condition, it can be woken up by the Core vPro processor, which runs on the system's phantom power and is able to quietly turn individual hardware components on and access anything on them.

This is being touted as something that makes IT administration easy. It is being advertised as something that will allow IT professionals the ability to remotely troubleshoot a PC no matter what is wrong with it. It allows IT professionals to view the contents of hard drives, check the memory, or hunt for problems on a machine without actually being in front of it. And to that, I call B.S, outside of snooping it's only real world applications would involve accessing a recovery partiton and restoring the computer to out of box state, installing software outside the knowledge of the main operating system, and secretly placing or deleting files.

But the intelligence agencies LOVE THIS. Because Frank is going on vacation soon and they know it. They have listened to all of his calls. They KNOW frank is a terrorist, because they have never been able to access anything Frank has done with a PC, and who would hide their use, other than a criminal? Frank keeps his computers up to date, and THREE of them now have Core vPro processors in them, and when Frank is gone, they are going to get their chance to access ALL of his files because the main backup hard disk went into the newest machine.

Real world use for Core vPro processors will involve the following:
    Accessing any PC ANYWHERE, no matter what operating system is installed, even if it is physically disconnected from the internet. You see, Core vPro processors work in conjunction with Intel's new Anti Theft 3.0, which put 3g connectivity into every Intel CPU after the Sandy Bridge version of the I3/5/7 processors. Users do not get to know about that 3g connection, but it IS there. Frank was not stupid so he unplugged his router. Unfortunately for Frank, that won't work, because anti theft 3.0 always has that 3g connection on also, even if the computer is turned off. Sorry frank, you were good with operating systems, but did not know EVERYTHING about hardware. And now the real reason for your finicky security habits will be known to the NSA - you found a way to route photons to any place in the world without any sort of cable. You revolutionized communications. You were going public when you returned from your vacation, but thanks to your new Core vPro processors, a major communications firm is going to go public with your invention BEFORE you get home, and your research will be deleted and replaced with "criminal activity" so you will be arrested when you get back and unable to speak about the theft of your invention. Fascism is GREAT.

If a system has the ram chips pulled, a Core vPro processor will read the hard disk anyway because it has all the ram it needs embedded in the vPro core.

If you encrypted your hard drive, a Core vPro processor will read it anyway, because it snagged your encryption key

If your system has been taken apart, and has no video card, ram, floppy, or hard drive, your Core vPro processor nailed you, because you left a flash drive plugged in. Or a CD in the CD drive. And what about that web cam?

The bottom line? The Core vPro processor is the end of any pretend privacy. If you think encryption, Norton, or anything else is going to ensure your privacy, including never hooking up to the web AT ALL, think again. There is now more than just a ghost in the machine.

The Zionist, Globalist, Banker scamming war mongering cabal has a history of using the marketing of security as a means to remove ALL security and nail you.

If you believe Intel's cheerful hype about these processors making things more secure than ever, think again, because any processor which allows a machine to be accessed even when it's turned off equates to an information tyrant's dream come true Please engage your brain while watching this, the security pitch is unadulterated B.S. These processors in fact represent an ABSOLUTE BREACH of security no matter HOW they are marketed. From the techinical viewpoint of someone who worked for an intelligence agency, I call B.S. on Intel, avoid these processors like the plague!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,611 Posts

Re: New Intel based Core vPro PC's PERMANENTLY hackable

"My reading no matter how transient is a dagger in the heart of ignorance."

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

Developed primarily by the Israeli branch of Intel, the codename was originally "Gesher" (meaning "bridge" in Hebrew).[3]

Imagine that!!!!

I don't see the Core2 duo on that list. They perform great and may be unaffected by the Sandy Bridge hack
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua01 View Post
    Developed primarily by the Israeli branch of Intel, the codename was originally "Gesher" (meaning "bridge" in Hebrew).[3]

Imagine that!!!!

I don't see the Core2 duo on that list. They perform great and may be unaffected by the Sandy Bridge hack
    that is what my Vaio laptop uses, it is before Sandy Bridge. P8400

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigjon For This Useful Post:

Joshua01 (11th May 2017)

Iridium
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,607 Posts

I do my work on i5 and i7 machines but I do my playing and covert operations on Core 2 duo machines using a kickass VPN. The VPN service costs a few bucks but its worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjon View Post
    that is what my Vaio laptop uses, it is before Sandy Bridge. P8400
    If you're offended by any of my posts tough shit!
    "Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"
    If you're not prepared for what's coming it's already too late!
    Niggers will never be satisfied!!

Great Value Carrots StreetsOfGold's Avatar
    Thanks

Murder was the Catholic answer - Pope Francis

8. The Following User Says Thank You to StreetsOfGold For This Useful Post:

Joshua01 (11th May 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,284 Posts

The first Intel product to put Israel "on the map", says Friedman, was Banias, better known as the Pentium M microprocessor , the microprocessor introduced in 2003 that arguably kicked off the notebook era.

Another important product that, like Banias, was conceived, designed, directed and manufactured in Israel, was Merom, the Core-2 notebook processor heir of the Pentium M. Introduced in 2006, Merom was the first Intel technology to produce a microprocessor for mobile, desktop, and server products, according to Friedman. "Merom especially helped boost Intel's stature in the server market," Friedman says.

And of course, there are the current Intel stars: the Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge family of processors, all designed, manufactured, and managed by the Israel team.

Don't worry goyim...our Intel processors are totally kosher

I'm the infamous Fred of GIM - Jewboo kindly turned over his account to me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jewboo For This Useful Post:

Joshua01 (12th May 2017)